The disappearance of AHH-QUADZILLA from the leaderboards on Christmas Day has been discussed in more than one thread on the site, but I thought it worth making a thread for I am now fairly sure that I was correct when I suggested it was for his inactivity.

Anyone who has spent time viewing the Zone leaderboards, particularly for the reverse tracks, will likely recognise the names sjteeeeef and SanderVB, both of whom were frequently in the top 5 or 10, and who once upon a time held several records each. Since the time I started competing for Zone records they have never once responded when any of their scores were beaten, so I have always assumed them to be inactive. Anyway, as you might have guessed, both these names have disappeared on every track.

It seems to me, therefore, that there is a time limit for your records remaining on the leaderboards once you stop playing the game. My own opinion on this is that it is unusual and surely unnecessary, and in the case of someone like quadzilla it dilutes the quality of the competition at the top.

So I think it shouldn't be happening, and that if it for some reason it has to happen it would be nice if we could be told exactly how much time we have when we stop playing the game for a while.

It would be good if one of the developers might address this issue, but I'm not so presumptuous as to expect that . What does everyone else think?

(NB: I am aware I could be wrong about this. Larikun's times and scores also disappeared but have all since returned.)