Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some tips please.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

Default Some tips please.

Hey guys, New guy here. A freind of mine told me that this was the site to get some tips and tricks on wipeout HD. I need help getting to zone 75 and beating zico. I got up to 68 on moa therma. I just can't do the required barrel rolls to order to beat zico!I heard people saying anulpha pass for the zone but I can only get 50 - 56 on that. I have other problems but I'm sure no tip can solve my problems doing campaign on elite. My PSN name is BHK3 and I use Harimau.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Good to see you got over from LBPCentral, jack.

There's a few vids on youtube on how to beat Zico, but I can't link to that now.
    Your online problems can easily be solved. Add some of the 'zoners after you get settled, and get in some Avalon races. There's no weapons there.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

You should check and post any questions here: thread.

I am sure many of us will be glad to offer any help needed
    And welcome aboard!

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

with regards to beating zico, i think patience is the key. it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. the only real issue is the 3rd/4th barrel onto the raised section. just go round practising that, then try for a decent lap, other wise you just get frustrated when you ruin an otherwise zico-beating lap. i found it easier to do when using motion-sensing for the pitch. give that a try if you haven't already. if you get at high on the bank as possible before making the jump you shouldn't have too much trouble. just hit up youtube for it, there's lots of vids

i think most people find it easiest to do zone's on anulpha but i can't really say much about that because your PB on moa is better than mine on anulpha so...

my two cents

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

Thank you for the replys. So far zico is beatable its just I can't make that third barrel roll no matter what I do. Zone and elite are driving me nuts with the weapon pads finding it funny to just give shields and mines and forever stuck on zone 62...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

I would worry about the Zone Zeus and Livery Liberation trophies last. Once you're ready to tackle them, start with Feisar, use it to 8000 loyalty points, then switch to whatever's next in line (since, as I'm sure you've noticed, all zone ships are identical). By the time you start getting close to having every skin unlocked, you'll probably have gotten to zone 75.

yeah doing things in the right order helps. i liberated my liveries going for ag assassin, i didn't actually get any kills though...

for the 3rd one (i assume you mean the one onto the upper section (it was my 4th)), just make sure you get as high/wide as possible for the jump. i pitched up with motion and switched to two fingers on the dpad for this until i got the hang of it. i also learned recently that you can do a 360 on the analog to BR (thanks connavar )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    I would worry about the Zone Zeus and Livery Liberation trophies last. Once you're ready to tackle them, start with Feisar, use it to 8000 loyalty points, then switch to whatever's next in line (since, as I'm sure you've noticed, all zone ships are identical). By the time you start getting close to having every skin unlocked, you'll probably have gotten to zone 75.
    8000 points? At least I know what I'm shooting for now, Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    yeah doing things in the right order helps. i liberated my liveries going for ag assassin, i didn't actually get any kills though...

for the 3rd one (i assume you mean the one onto the upper section (it was my 4th)), just make sure you get as high/wide as possible for the jump. i pitched up with motion and switched to two fingers on the dpad for this until i got the hang of it. i also learned recently that you can do a 360 on the analog to BR (thanks connavar )
    I pitch up as high as I can with the motion and d-pad and I just usually get it then fly off(...) or JUST make it halfway. So far my time is 32.20 I think.

I'll just try to beat zico and do some online stuff first. Elite campaign is beyond hard so I'll just do that last. I just need to finish the last two campaigns and I'm done(don't know what it's called). I'll see if I can get a second controller for the 20 splitscreen races.

well if you stick at it you should get it eventually (he says). took me what felt like years to beat zico. i had controllers on rotation so they didn't take too much damage
    i know i probably sound like a broken record at this point but just try practising getting the left-right-left (that one works more consistently on that bit for me) off as soon as you possibly can, then work on the landing. as soon as you can do that bit your on easy street.

the good thing about the campaign is that even on elite if you go slowly, so do they, so sometimes you can scab a win even from a poor race. expect many bombs on your nose though

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

I give up 300 or more laps and no zico, I hate barrel rolls!!! 2 days of just zone and no 75, just 62 and I can't even beat that! AI cheats in campaign. Im done, moving on to a different game...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

What a pity, this game has so much to offer than just some unrewarding trophies

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Agreed. Play online against some of the regulars around here for a while. Hell, after racing against the likes of Wellington, Wotan, etc., racing against the elite AI feels like a joke.

Besides, I'm one trophy away from getting platinum and not once have I ever gotten a comment or complement about it. And, try as I might, it's impossible to work into a decent pickup line (apparently girls don't care about PS3 trophies).

If trying to get the trophies isn't fun -- don't bother. There's nothing to gain by doing it other than a higher blood pressure and a waste of $20 by shelving an otherwise great game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I give up 300 or more laps and no zico, I hate barrel rolls!!! 2 days of just zone and no 75, just 62 and I can't even beat that! AI cheats in campaign. Im done, moving on to a different game...
    You'd be better than most (if not all) pilots here, if you got Zico in under 300 laps, got to Zone 75 in 2 days, and didn't have trouble fighting the elite AI. If you've only been playing this game since Christmas (just guessing here), give it some time. I've been playing it for over 3 months now, and I still haven't reached Zone 75. My advice is the same that Cerium gave you: forget about the stupid trophies, they don't mean sh*t. Go online and have some fun! (and there's lots to be had, I assure you)

And in case you haven't yet (again, just guessing) - turn off PA!
    Last edited by eLhabib; 2nd January 2009 at 09:59 AM.

it probably took me more to beat zico if i'm honest with you, it took my neighbor several weeks.
    and yes, the AI does pull bombs and mines out of it's arse when you're behind but when you get in front you're on easy street.
    i agree with what the pros have said, trophies mean the square-root of f**k all, you don't get anything for it (except maybe bragging rights, but that's a bit rude now isn't it)
    i hope you're not serious, don't drop it yet! i'll pay you not to.
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 2nd January 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BHK3

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    Agreed. Play online against some of the regulars around here for a while. Hell, after racing against the likes of Wellington, Wotan, etc., racing against the elite AI feels like a joke.

Besides, I'm one trophy away from getting platinum and not once have I ever gotten a comment or complement about it. And, try as I might, it's impossible to work into a decent pickup line (apparently girls don't care about PS3 trophies).

If trying to get the trophies isn't fun -- don't bother. There's nothing to gain by doing it other than a higher blood pressure and a waste of $20 by shelving an otherwise great game.
    Ill try online then.

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    You'd be better than most (if not all) pilots here, if you got Zico in under 300 laps, got to Zone 75 in 2 days, and didn't have trouble fighting the elite AI. If you've only been playing this game since Christmas (just guessing here), give it some time. I've been playing it for over 3 months now, and I still haven't reached Zone 75. My advice is the same that Cerium gave you: forget about the stupid trophies, they don't mean sh*t. Go online and have some fun! (and there's lots to be had, I assure you)

And in case you haven't yet (again, just guessing) - turn off PA!
    PA I used only once anyway. Ive been playing since it came out...trophies mean everything to me, even if it's just a tiny little picture, I MUST HAVE IT
    Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    it probably took me more to beat zico if i'm honest with you, it took my neighbor several weeks.
    and yes, the AI does pull bombs and mines out of it's arse when you're behind but when you get in front you're on easy street.
    i agree with what the pros have said, trophies mean the square-root of f**k all, you don't get anything for it (except maybe bragging rights, but that's a bit rude now isn't it)
    i hope you're not serious, don't drop it yet! i'll pay you not to.
    I just don't have the blood pressure for zone/zico.Im doing good in zone, suddenly I hit a certain number and start bouncing around everywhere. Zico...one barrel...and I just can't land it...it either goes halfway then stops or doesn't do anything at all.

The trophies is just...I can feel them in my grasp, just so close...so close..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I was stuck at Zone 69, like you for a while. Eventually I reached zone 75 after many attempts, in succession. (69-68-6x-...-75!!! And then I died ).

WipEout certainly isn't about giving up (Or else I think we would all be playing another game), so keep at it! You are really very close to those trophies

Tips for Zone: stay between the coloured lines on the track, focus on those lines and you won't hit walls for long enough to get to 75.

Tips for Zico, master the three other barrel rolls, and then keep trying to beat it: one lap for preparation and one lap for the attempt, and keep doing it. Eventually you will land the barrel roll onto the bridge, and since you have done / will do the three others, you'll beat Zico. Also, assign motion control to pitch only, it is much easier to pitch the controller for up when jumping onto the bridge than pressing the arrows or the stick.

i had that issue with that BR. here are three ideas: get higher on the bank; watch the videos on youtube and copy them exactly; download a ghost and copy it's line(s).

i have the same issue with zone mode, i'll be close to 100% energy between 60-70, i'll make one mistake and half a lap later i'll be swearing my tits off at the telly. i'll get there eventually, so will you.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Honestly, has anyone here beaten Zico WITHOUT advice from others, or seeing how-to videos online?

I made it a point to do just that, and it took me quite a while to figure out the necessary "tricks" required.

It was extremely frustrating for me, but it felt great once everything "clicked" (plan-wise), and then it was just a matter of having an absolute perfect lap. (which was a LOT harder than I anticipated)

Who else went this route?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well I beat him before there were any tips or tutorial videos, but it was HARD WORK. And the line I used was quite different than the one shown in those tutorial videos - I only did 2 BRs, one onto the bridge (with turbo), and one coming down from the bridge onto the speedpad to the left. Of course, the lack of the first 2 BRs (like in the video) meant that the rest of the lap had to be absolutely tight, so it took me a crazy amount of laps! I had no idea about the earlier turbo and BR spot!

i found out about the first 3 BR's by trying to do it. after multiple failed attempts i decided that the one onto the bridge was impossible. beating zico with 2 BR's?? shows how good i am, i had to do it with 5! then again i suppose that's why i had to watch the videos