Thread: Are highscores reliable ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    superpj1

Default Are highscores reliable ?

Hi all !

I'm wondering if highscores are reliable ...

In Speed Lap mode, there is someone who owns the world record of almost all races in Venom, Flash, Rapier and Phantom (!) which is truly unbelievable. But the same guy barely appears on any other rankings (multiplayer, etc.). How is it possible ? Unless the guy spends days and nights playing SOLELY Speeds Lap and no other mode, which I can't believe.

Are there known issues of fake highscores in Wipeout HD ?
    Last edited by superpj1; 26th December 2008 at 08:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

No known issues, but most of the guys who own the top scores frequent this board, and yes, they are very fast and practice SL and TT often.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Frankly I doubt that only one man can own nearly all the Sleep Lap records of Venom, Flash, Rapier and Phantom. He must be exploiting some glitches and that would explain why his results are so low on the other race modes (it's easier when you have 99 laps to try). Some results are insane take for example the world record in Vineta K reverse / Venom >>> 0:26:14 seconds, ie 2 SECONDS faster than the second best time in the world (0:28:26). Venom being the slowest, top scores should be close but they're not !

I think the ghost race should be sent to Studio Liverpool everytime a world record is broken to check whether it's real or not
    Last edited by superpj1; 27th December 2008 at 12:28 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Must be talking about FJ's times.

I think all his lap times are legit, he's pretty nuts.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I disagree about almost everything, first if someone is really good at the game,
    he's probably really good in all classes and all tracks, so it would be logical
    to have the best player(s) on top of everything.

Also you say the gaps should be wider on phantom than venom, I disagree, because
    venom is much slower, a Barrel Roll would have that much more impact, hence
    increasing the gaps.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Must be talking about FJ's times.

I think all his lap times are legit, he's pretty nuts.
    ALL his lap times are legit: i beat him on chengou ..wellinton beat him on reverse..im just near lot of his record ..end..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Who is FJ?
    I must of missed something,but I can't see what it was.

PSN ID
    chboing

Quote Originally Posted by superpj1 View Post
    Frankly I doubt that only one man can own nearly all the Sleep Lap records of Venom, Flash, Rapier and Phantom. He must be exploiting some glitches and that would explain why his results are so low on the other race modes (it's easier when you have 99 laps to try). Some results are insane take for example the world record in Vineta K reverse / Venom >>> 0:26:14 seconds, ie 2 SECONDS faster than the second best time in the world (0:28:26). Venom being the slowest, top scores should be close but they're not !

I think the ghost race should be sent to Studio Liverpool everytime a world record is broken to check whether it's real or not
    +, he usually does not have a ps3 connection to internet, so he just doesnt play multiplayer often, that's all.
    He's just very very good, and plays much more than anybody here i think

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

You can download some Flashback jack's ghosts on the website www.wipEoutHD-ghosts.com , just try to follow one and look if its behaviour is weird (freakin' fast i'm sure )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Unless the guy spends days and nights playing SOLELY Speeds Lap and no other mode, which I can't believe.
    8 D Yup, that's him alright!
    The guy loves Speed Lap. He will race a track until he knows every curve and bump. He'd be online more, but he doesn't have a reliable internet connection.

Laeke: Indeed, there is a long history of certain tracks being more hotly contested than others. Typically the first track is the one that most people will try for a record on. Later tracks get a lot less attention. Sometimes you'll even have tracks that almost nobody will play. So with a bit of effort, you can almost always find some leaderboard that you can be on top on!

PSN ID
    superpj1

Thanks for the link leungbok

I can see that SL is being more and more contested, in Phantom speed at least, because fj's records are slowing being beaten one by one. Competition is getting exciting !

PSN ID
    pirhapac

lol dont worry for fbj..22 days no connected..so when he will connect..u will see lot of new record ( like a 19.01 on ubermall)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Pirahpac & Mike, you guys are f*****g crazy. This competition is now insane. I'll probably give up soon in my desperate search of perfection. LOL
    Last edited by kanar; 7th January 2009 at 08:34 AM.

PSN ID
    superpj1

I'm starting to put a few TOP10 times on Venom and Flash like #5 on AnulphaPass Reverse / Flash I've noticed it's virtually impossible to beat the world record on some tracks unless you interact with the landscape to make additionnal barrel rolls so sometimes you need luck more than skill

Darxinus has beaten fj's record on AnulphaPass Venom ! RESPECT !