Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Sebenco Climb Help Please!

PSN ID
    Dwb_SWE

Question Some Sebenco Climb Help Please!

I used to play WO 2027 back in the late 90's, and now i play WO HD like a newborn child : ) But I'm a total newbie compared to all of you!

I'm trying to unlock meltdown in campaign mode! I don't know how many hours i've spent trying to get some scores on the Sebenco Climb and Chenghou Project tracks! Sebenco Climb especially is a nightmare I just se the other ships disappear and i get to 4:th place at best... I have tried all the ships but nothing helps, what is that i do wrong? Is there some secrets to this track that i've missed? same goes for Chenghou Project in DROP ZONE in campaign mode
    I think I'm starting to loose hope here..

My control is set like this:
    L2 = Air breaks
    R2 = Air breaks
    L1 = Fire
    L2 = Absorb
    X = accelerate

Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

It's kinda hard figuring out what you might be doing wrong without any further description of what's causing you problems. As it is, I can only give you the standard advice: stop hitting walls

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    knaeg

Play more pal

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    stop hitting walls
    Easier said than done

You can watch my video here. Try to imitate. It's all about practice, keep going in Racebox speed lap and then try for the race with the AI.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I had so much trouble with Sebenco Climb when I first started, but switching from a fast ship to one with better handling helped tons. Nail those turns, hit all the speed pads, if you get turbo pickups you might want to save them for the straight downhill before the tunnel or the slope up and out of the tunnel (else they might throw you into a wall, or off the track entirely), work in a barrel roll somewhere if you can, mind your pitch...

I have to beat this thing on elite phantom at some point, haven't dared trying yet
    Last edited by okam; 15th January 2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: added some text

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The trick is to side shift rather than holding either left or right air brake when taking those sharp corners,that's one of the big differences between HD and 2097
    Begin by taking the corners wide and flattening them out,then slowly you can take them sharper the better you get at side shifting.
    Keeping your crafts nose pitched up for all bar the downhill part is a must.
    Learn to keep your nose up when first hitting that downhill bit so you have enough height to barrel roll boost down it,this is a racing winning maneuver you should master on this track.
    Nose pitched down is not needed on any track in HD,that need has been removed from the game.
    You want a ship with high thrust and great handling for sebenco....AG-Systems and Fiesar are the best craft to use,they are both the best for Chenghou as well,with Assagai coming in a close 3rd ,only it's weak shields let it down.

PSN ID
    Dwb_SWE

Wow! Thanks for all of your tips! Thought i was the only one having problems with this particular track! And i know that playing, playing and playing some more makes perfect! : )

Darkdrium777 Thanks for the tube link this dude playing in the video knows how to steer wow!

and blackwiggle thanks for your "Walk Thru" Many tips there, i think i need to learn to "Shift" better. And try some barrel roll's, i kind of figured that this track is made for BR's : ) But I don't master it yet. But i think I'm up and coming! So watch out! *JOKE*

Thanks all! This forum is so nice!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

That dude is me, if you hadn't noticed

Good luck!

Try with the speed lap first, you get 99 laps to practice with the ship, which is a good way of learning the track. After, put on the AI and the weapons

PSN ID
    Dwb_SWE

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    That dude is me, if you hadn't noticed

Good luck!

Try with the speed lap first, you get 99 laps to practice with the ship, which is a good way of learning the track. After, put on the AI and the weapons
    Wow! You are the DUDE!! Wish i can get there sometime! ****e! Holy Macaroni Batman!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

LOL there are other pilots way better than me (Someone beat the record I did in that video, just as an example.. )

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

it may seem a silly thing to say but try to nail the start (as in immediately after 'go'). i didn't work this out until i already had the campaign done and dusted and it would've helped to know it before. you can start airbraking/turning earlier that you mihgt think so just give it a whirl in speed lap and you'll be sorted. if all else fails, copy darkdrium's moves, he knows what he's doing

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    You can watch my video here. Try to imitate.
    Thats a good video, very nice racing lines all the way through. What music track is that in the background? I like it!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Music is Energy Flow by Vitae, taken from the game Kinetica on PS2.
    From the video description

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

I saw that but didnt realise it was the name of the track....

Sebenco Climb can be hard...which I found odd, since it was the easiest track for me in pure! In HD though, I found that switching from Harimau to Assegai let me win without much difficulty. It may sound weird, but try turning the music down to 0 for the really hard ones, I find it helps 'slow' the game down, makes it easier to take good lines, follow the speed pads, etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Just practise is all I can say. I was rubbish at it at the start, now it's my favorite track.
    Last edited by djKyoto; 19th January 2009 at 03:02 AM.

here-here! closely followed by sol 2. i guess i'm just a sucker for hairpins . sebenco is made a lot easier by using sideshifts to the max, they're a godsend in case of a messed-up entry to a turn.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I love Sebenco because it's barrel roll CITY from Flash on up.

In no word of a lie, I've pulled 8 unassisted barrel rolls in ONE lap on Flash. Meaning I didn't have to use a turbo or ram into a wall to accomplish this. (unlike Sol2)

Problem is, I can never do it when it counts (with a fast ship), my thumb gets performance anxiety - so I've yet to set a record by doing it. It's mainly just a bunch of fun to pull off.

8?! i can only think of 7, let alone performing them. i'm pretty sure one of them doesn't even work!

Timezone
    GMT -5

Okay so the 8th one is KINDA assisted. As you drop down after the tunnel you barrel roll and pitch up on that right-hand corner. You can get the ship on top of the left wall - and then you side shift off the wall just before the finish line and you can BR there. I've only done that one twice - ever. But it IS possible!

Now as for getting all 8 in one lap - that's damn near impossible in Flash - your odds get much better in Rapier.