Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help. This problem is ruining my Wipeout HD experience.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Yeah, this game can be like krack sometimes. lol (not that I would really know). I would just be glad to to clear the novice skill level as this issue is proving it to be very difficult with reduced available points. As far as elite skill level, well I'm not there yet. I must say, in my frustration, I have been neglecting my other PS3 games, so I may not have the patience to try and try again, although I have already tried many times on the same races. I am just surprised we are not seeing more of this. I'm wondering if it's limited to newer PS3s or a certain model? I would think the issue has gotta be software, but then it seems it should have a higher occurrence among players. Maybe WO HD may have a smaller population than some more popular games, so we only see a few instances of this (or maybe people just get pi$$ed and don't try to resolve)??? I was looking forward to racing a buddy online, but he has reconsidered buying it after hearing of my heartache

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Quote Originally Posted by loudogg View Post
    The races which display the racer's name and position on the right side of the screen will not award medals/points
    I might be stating the obvious and/or missing your point, but those are tournaments, not single races, and you only get medals/points for your total tournament score after the final race in the tournament. If you do a 4 race tournament and win all 4 races, you still only get one gold medal for winning the tournament.

Are you completing all races in the tournament, placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd and qualifying for a medal, and still not recieving it?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Speaking for myself, the problem was occuring in single races (possibly tournaments, as well, but definitely single races).

Timezone
    GMT -6

Ahh thanks Okam, you may be on to something there as I believe in my case this was happening on just the tournaments. Perhaps I was shutting it down too early after not being awarded a medal and moving on to another cell. If this is the case, I will feel like a total fool, but it wouldn't be the first time. Thanks for the input and I will check it out when I get home tonight.
    ---
    Ding Ding Ding... gues who gets the idiot award for the day..ME! You were right Okam, I just wasnt finishing out the whole tournament thinking it was a single race or something. Sorry you guys for wasting your time, but I appreciate the feedback. Thanks Okam for saving me from a surely frustrating weekend. So in my case, this was NOT a bug afterall, just a case of me being a dumba$$. Thread over man!
    Last edited by Task; 18th January 2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Haha, well I'm glad you got it sorted anyway See you online!