Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: cheating the ZONE

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    With the "select boost" trick - even Speed Lap times could be considered glitched.
    Ok, i will ask SL to delete ALL my laptimes, and also to suppress the br and shortcut possibilities, like that everybody will enjoy with high ranked scores, and if it's not sufficient we'll ask them to suppress too sideshifting and speedpads.

Ah, just in case there's a totally "legal" way of being as fast as the select-boost trick on anulpha forward and reverse (maybe faster but hard to perform), but you can wait till snowing in hell before i share any video of it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Nice ideas leungbok, and why not personalize online ranking with only bots in order to be first in each case ?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't consider and never have the Boost BR start a cheat.

You just found a LEGITIMATE way to be faster,good for you,and thank you for sharing it with us.

Just the REAL GLITCHES have stuffed it up,look at the zone scores with perfect laps under 15 in the top 130 pages of the online records .

I had my nieces boyfriend stuff my records up....I had absolutely NO choice but to slog at it till I could eradicate the bloody thing [I eventually did it after only reaching zone 65 ] and totally smashed the bastard at zone 75
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 20th July 2009 at 02:20 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I know that mate I make a HUGE difference between the glitch which don't need any skill and are total random and the tricks which needs great timing and precision !

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

What about barrel rolls on sol 2 in zone mode? Is that cheating? On the slower speeds it can be quite random for hitting them.

PSN ID
    Wotan998

Lol , no !!! Barrel Roll isn't a cheat . That's an option and u can use it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Fully agree with you Christian, and don't get upset by those who think BsB is a cheat, let them think 'n dream it is possible to beat you if BsB was not exisiting at all but we all know they are wrong ( where they were before 1.30 ?? : not sure i remind their names into top10 )

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

No I don't think thats a glitch, thats taking advantage of your surroundings. It takes skill to pull them off lap after lap without making an error costing you 1% of energy and the perfect lap and zone - its counterproductive if you make a mistake so it takes skill to do it consistently (something I'm yet to master).

There are other BR opportunities in Zone if you look hard enough.

My opinion of the BSB is the same - it is taking advantage of the circumstances that have been presented themselves. I wouldn't have even thought to do something like that but hats off, its a superb move and just takes Speed laps to another level as Welly, PS and now Kingheim have taken zone to another level with their scores.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

BR's in zone are legit [as if you can avoid them sometimes],being able to regain your shield energy at high zones is and art unto itself.

I've got rather good at doing that at between zone 50-60 .

I don't believe I'm typing this,but something strange has happened.

I actually like zone mode now.

PSN ID
    pirhapac

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    ( where they were before 1.30 ?? : not sure i remind their names into top10 )
    nice snip asa lol ( " et pan! ")

Timezone
    GMT -5

WTF is the entire country of France on their period or something?

I feel that the boost select boost trick is a glitch - deal with it. The original times for SL existed before a software change - which I'm 99% positive was not implemented for this purpose. Are you clever? Yes. Does it require skill? Yup. Do I feel it's cheap? Yes.

So deal. No need to get your panties in a bunch over this. And FWIW - I'm positive I could break into the top 10 if I implemented this trick - I mean I'm 13th global WITHOUT doing it....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

BRs add a very nice tactical element to ZONE.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    I actually like zone mode now.

Btw; Congrats for doing Zone Zeus!

@IH8YOU: true

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I'm positive I could break into the top 10 if I implemented this trick - I mean I'm 13th global WITHOUT doing it....
    Phantom class ?
    And no, i'm not clever ! I don't even know that it's the country which determines the mentality !! I stupidly thought that everyone on earth were made by the same standards (with cultural and life level sometimes differents) !

And also, there's many tracks where select-boost is useless (except vin f, ub f, ap f & r) at phantom speed. So no reason that you couldn't reach top ten on these !!
    Last edited by leungbok; 20th July 2009 at 04:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

No it's rest day in the Tour De France so they have nothing better to do than to personally piss you off.

Just beat the time,I can't but I don't consider those that can cheats.

PSN ID
    chboing

i'm positive i could beat hussein bolt if i used the same socks .

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

if you think about it...the AP glitch isnt a glitch...just bad positioning, thus bad trackdesign.

It made feel bad though...doing it. On the other hand, it did made me pick up the single player mode again...and this time without PA. I think zone promotes the whole "flying without PA", and thats a good thing. I reached zone 40 (wich is the highest I ever gotten), and gotten the urge to play again without the PA on. Its actually pretty easy when your used to the online mayhem. I think allot of players keep playing with PA on, even though they are pretty good without...but thats another discussion.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Security blanket

I was amazed when I saw what the zone glitch is, if I saw the right video anyway. I always thought respawning took away energy in Zone. It did in Pure, I think. So I guess the "zone glitch" is just a design oversight, much like boost - select - boost is a design oversight. Of course people will and should use BSB, there`s no need for any paranoia here. It also doesn`t mean we have to think it`s a good design oversight for the game. I think we can move on can`t we? HD is a fairly glitched up game if you want to be perfectionist about it - I usually do! I`m trying to get over it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by chboing View Post
    i'm positive i could beat hussein bolt if i used the same socks .
    I'm sure I could beat John Holmes if I had the right underpants on.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

LOL