Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: cheating the ZONE

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

I cheated too, but im a trophy whore....so its allowed

just kidding guys, its terrible... I know... Specially now that im flying without PA, zone is really good for practice on the various tracks....ow well

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes, you made a mistake and seem to care for fairness by presenting your apologies here, which is something that the others who cheat seem to lack and that is what I truly hate. The amount of selfishness and laziness these persons exude is sickening. :-
    That zone 2000 guy who popped up. Seriously, taping the controller and taking a hike huh? If you're this much of an idiot in real life I hope you have troubles sleeping at night.

I hope you will not do this again khnemu23.

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

I used a DS3 for the first time yesterday and didn't like it :O
    I've become so used to my old sixaxis with its squeeky left analog stick that doesn't rebound back to central position anymore, that it just felt weird. Also it seemed that any slight movements with the stick wasn't moving the craft at all. It was nice to have rumble though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

I guess those cheaters would even use PA if it would be possible.

@Reezy: If mapping the airbrakes to R3 & L3 would be an advantage,
    I would do it no matter what. Btw; I actually used this layout for a few
    days. xD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    @okam: Well, I had a SIXAXIS and the accuracy of both analog stick were
    inferior. It was like heaven playing MGO with a DS3 in term of movement
    and aiming. I would quit playing WipEout HD when forced playing with a
    SIXAXIS! Further, I need the rumble pack coz it gives me an additional
    important information.

Well, my DS3 started pulling right a couple of months ago, so I had to shelve it in favor of the two SIXAXIS controllers I have. Got to zone 60 using them and plan on getting to zone 75 with them too. No prissy DS3 for Zone Zeus...the manly and challenging SIXAXIS is the only way to go for true zone purists!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

lol

Yeah have fun with your MISSINGAXIS.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    Yes, you made a mistake and seem to care for fairness by presenting your apologies here, which is something that the others who cheat seem to lack and that is what I truly hate. The amount of selfishness and laziness these persons exude is sickening. :-
    That zone 2000 guy who popped up. Seriously, taping the controller and taking a hike huh? If you're this much of an idiot in real life I hope you have troubles sleeping at night.

I hope you will not do this again khnemu23.
    2000?????? then yer just beeing an ***... pardon my french. I quit @ 76, just enough to get the trophy thats it..

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Maybe that guy have a controller that can record button pressures and repeat them later

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    Well, my DS3 started pulling right a couple of months ago, so I had to shelve it in favor of the two SIXAXIS controllers I have. Got to zone 60 using them and plan on getting to zone 75 with them too. No prissy DS3 for Zone Zeus...the manly and challenging SIXAXIS is the only way to go for true zone purists!
    IMO the sixaxis is a perfectly fine controller and I don't think one would have any problems doing zone 75+ or anything else with it, but mine is just worn out and barely functional. Especially the involentary sideshifts are pissing me off!

I have read up on the DS3 and a lot of people are claiming it's more responsive and robust, and also heavier and more solid. The sixaxis does feel a bit cheap, being so light... Since I live in the most expensive country on earth, I will wait until I go abroad next month before I get a new controller

BTW does anyone know if its possible to fix/change analog sticks that aren't properly aligned? Getting a bit fed up with auto-walking everywhere in Bioshock (allthough it was nice in Fallout).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Open it and clean it, see if something is stuck somewhere? Also I'm pretty sure you could buy a mainboard for it online, complete with battery pack, and exchange it. But that's essentially like buying a new controller.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Might be easier/cheaper to just get a new one... I'll see if I can get it open; just the screws underneath, right?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes, but if you don't know what you're doing:
    It's super easy to get it apart.
    It's a pain to get back together.

You get used to putting it back together, but I recommend you have a guide handy in case you need it.
    I also recommend washing the controller pieces, buttons, etc. (Not the mainboard!) with soap and running water, then let them dry on a towel for about half a day or so.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    IMO the sixaxis is a perfectly fine controller and I don't think one would have any problems doing zone 75+ or anything else with it, but mine is just worn out and barely functional.
    For sure, there are multiple ways to cross the street. Some ways are faster
    than others and likewise even more secure, I think.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    let them dry on a towel for about half a day or so.
    Dude, I have an expansion to play, I have no time for that Actually it looks like I don't have a small enough screwdriver for the screws, so it will have to wait anyway. Should be allright for Fury for a while, I did manage platinum with it and it's still precise enough for Skate 2 which will do me nicely.

My old PS2 controllers are still fine after 6+ years of heavy usage, so maybe I should look into getting a converter.

BTW should anyone now feel inspired to open/clean their controllers, I found this guide:
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...query.id=29340
    Last edited by okam; 22nd July 2009 at 11:12 PM. Reason: new information

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

(double post)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    OT

Problem Solver,why does your text always appear scrunched up.

Might as well ask now rather than later.

Are you writing this on DOS system?
    DOS? xD

I just once wrote the following;

Quote Originally Posted by ProblemSolver View Post
    Sorry, but reading a text in a more column-like fashion is much more
    efficient and also more pleasing (despite you have to scroll a little) than
    those badly-formated-oversized HTML layouts. For some very good reasons
    I write my text with <= 80 characters per line. There exists only one
    typesetting system which really does its job, LaTeX (wiki)! The rest is simply
    a sh!t load of crap, you name it; Word, HTML, ..., soo bad. LaTeX is Gutenberg
    in a digital form.

There is a long way to go to bring on an efficient typesetting system to the
    internet. Each research article, each book, and each newspager is far beyond
    what can be seen on the web. The problem is, you all got used to that crap a
    lot such that you now say; the way the board software does it, is the right way
    to go. Sorry, but no! ...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by okam View Post
    BTW should anyone now feel inspired to open/clean their controllers, I found this guide:
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...query.id=29340
    Rubbing alcohol if you're patient and want to get it back together soon (alcohol evaporates but applying it with a Q-tip is long), kitchen sink or bath and stir with a large spatula if you're not xD
    Because it already takes some time taking apart/putting back together.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

I'm just curious.. what does zone 2000 actually look like? Epilepsy anyone...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Is it possible to register scores online with an earlier version of the game? It seems some people are downgrading the game to exploit the glitch again for Zone Zeus.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Matt_XIII_67

Unhappy

I stoped playing zone on Anulpha Pass since there are so many cheated records. I was realy hoping SL would clean the leaderboard for the Fury release, well at least they corrected the glitch in 2.00. But just look at the amount of cheating players, the 2000 zones and now your telling some are downgrading to cheat... I just don't understand such behaviour.