Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cheating the ZONE

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Default cheating the ZONE

Well, there seems to be the first obvious cheat in WipEout HD ZONE. PSN user
    xtianoPL got the following result on ANULPHA PASS; 384181 points, 157 zones,
    and 2 perfect zones, which is virtually an impossible result. And I'm absolut
    certain that all Top10 zoners agree with me without any doubt.

xtianoPL might have found a bug by accident. I think that the craft got stuck
    into a wall without damage. He then simply waited until the points added up to
    kick me (367k pts.) from rank 1.

@SCE Studio Liverpool:
    Please contact the PSN user xtianoPL and try to fix that problem, otherwise the
    leaderboard will mess up rather soon. Thx!

Anyways, ZONE rulz! So awwwww ... can't get enough!

@all: My wishlist has only one entry; The uncut ZONE mode.
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 3rd January 2009 at 09:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Sad to see "fake" results on top of the leaderboard... I reached zone 74 yesterday... that's just my type of luck... sigh...
    But hey, Problem Solver, now you have a new goal to reach for!

I agree there`s no way anyone would get to that speed with only 2 perfect zones. He must have had 155 imperfect zones, which would mean there`s no way he could have reached 157 without blowing up. Say he only lost 1 point of shield energy on each zone, and add the 20 shield points for the 2 perfect zones, then the max he could have got to is 123 I think. I think that logic is right.

I think it`s definitely worth an email to SCEE/SL as Wipeout HD is an amazingly "clean" online game and should be kept that way. Hopefully it`s just a random occurrence and not a glitch in the game that can be exploited.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

+1, this is a fantastic experience so far, so please SL erradicate that & that weird record too : http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2121/dsc00685ro0.jpg (a stuff wotan spotted some days ago, dunno if it's cleared now...)

Timezone
    GMT + 8

yeah that's sad, obviously 157 zones with only two perfect = glitcher. might be a little presumptuous to suggest he did it deliberately although that's the explanation 99.9% of the time in these cases. shame.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

pfft ive done 200 zones with no perfects...i just havent uploaded it yet <_< >_> ...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Yeah it's impossible, I've seen another such impossible time for a speed lap
    I think, the time was about 3 seconds!!!

The best solution would be bugs removal, but that's not easy for them to fix,
    so they could add a system that checks whether a time is possible or not before
    officially posting it.

For instance, on speed laps / races / ... take the best current times, and check
    the new time, if the time is 20% faster, then it's impossible.

Or if the lap is 6 km and the turbo speed is 2,000 km/h then normally it would
    be impossible to run the lap under 10.8 seconds.
    Last edited by Connavar; 21st December 2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: layout

PSN ID
    Wotan998

New record on anulpha : 1000 zones with 3 perfects zones

I think that score confirm the existence of one glitch on zone mode ^^

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Let's ignore all the obvious details that make that record ridiculous for a second... can anyone's brain even handle almost 3 hours of zone madness without... you know... melting? I could barely get to 80 without needing to reach for the eye drops.

Also, since supersonic is the last named zone, wouldn't it eventually become impossible to take the corners since you wouldn't be getting handling upgrades anymore (I'd imagine around 150)?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

This glitch needs to be fixed asap with a patch, before it destroys the rankings.
    Removing scores from the leaderboard is not enough.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

btw related to what Connavar said : it appears few names like Ahh Quadzilla or Larikun, have been deleted , is there an explanation from SL about that ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

seriously??? those 2 great pioneers? larikun is member here (MIA since oct 11th)... what happened?
    Last edited by kanar; 26th December 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

AHH QUADZILLA is gone; I still see Larikun

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Figlarz

Well... it seems, that we have some cheaters in Poland

I still can't beat even 80 Zone, but I'm weak player, so it's nothing special. And I don't believe that ANYBODY can beat Zone 100. It's insane

Greets

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

To be honest I've always had a nagging doubt about some of those AHH QUADZILLA times.
    Especially the tracks where there is no or few places to BR [moa therma reverse] and times posted are something like 4 sec faster than Piraphac or Flashback jack.
    I just don't see where that much of a time difference can occur, when you consider that in the upper reaches of the records table for phantom speed tracks, the time difference is in the tenths of seconds.

PSN ID
    Wellington86

Actually when AHH-QUADZILLA's times were removed yesterday there were only two events he was still first in, namely VK reverse TT and AP TT. Just the day before I did well enough on the former to know that I could equal his VK reverse time, and I know that pirhapac considers his AP time to be possible.

I really think it's a bad thing that quadzilla's times have been removed. I've enjoyed playing a lot of TT in the past few weeks and I've managed with a lot of effort to beat him on some tracks, but not most. He had some great times and added to the quality at the top of the leaderboards, and I think the competition has suffered as a result of his removal. If it's still possible, I hope his times will reappear.

I also noticed that Larikun has disappeared. As far as I know both AHH-QUADZILLA and Larikun have been inactive for a long time now. So it suggests that times are removed after a certain period of inactivity. I very much hope that is not the case.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well it makes you think that SL obviously knows something we don't regarding the manner AHH QUADZILLA has achieved some of those times,otherwise they would of removed all of them.
    Anybody raced/seen QUADZILLA online EVER?
    And weren't the majority if not all of QUADZILLAS times made pretty soon after release?

And Larikun joined 7th Oct has not posted here since 11th Oct when the first patch came out.

I hope the removal of times after inactivity is not the case,that would be very unfair.
    It would mean your records would be scrubbed after 10 weeks inactivity if this were true.

I have a theory of what might be the cause of these removals if the non activity isn't the cause,but I'll wait to see if anybody else picks up on it and comments.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by Figlarz View Post
    I don't believe that ANYBODY can beat Zone 100. It's insane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hof7S2jJxxA

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    it's beyond reality but i saw it with my own eyes so it's real this guy is skilled !

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Zone doesn't actually get any faster after zone around 70 so it's all about holding it together after you hit those zones.
    The 100+ zoner posted that himself here.
    Regarding my previous post I was meaning the general SL and TT times.