Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most ridiculous thing, ever.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

Default The most ridiculous thing, ever.

I figured some of you would enjoy some more of the bad luck I have when playing this game.

Chengou reverse. After the RBR corner, managed to clip a bomb and got sent off the edge. Respawned just in time to catch a quake... and get thrown off the edge. Respawn again directly on a bomb which then threw me against the nub and then off the track.

I'm pretty sure I was ahead of him at the time, but I blame Wotan for most of this. I will get that kill I promised you, wowo. I will... Eventually...

PSN ID
    chboing

ahahaha

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

Thats just bad luck, but we all have been there. lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

holy crap and i thought me being quaked 20 meters from finish line was a bad luck

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    PainAndTears

yeah when i was going for the arcade perfect trophy, the AI destroyed me twice. once with a missile and once with a plasma bolt. and today online someone destroyed me on Vineta K reverse, and the game spawned me in the pit 4 times in a row. And surprisingly I still wasn't last place. LOL I have had a lot of bad luck online lately. I wish I had my games recorded so you could see the abuse I take lol.
    Last edited by Lance; 4th July 2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Read the WipeoutZone guidelines in the announcements thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Ah ah Cerium this is exactly the type of thing I'm experiencing each time I'm hosting for a bunch. I'm really too much intoxicated with speed lap myself, so the "Ping Rulez" thing makes me racing online like a clown most of the times. We're all experiencing these crazy moments, struggling for not rage quitting ah ah. And sometimes a deux ex machina thing happens, you're suddenly feeling like playing offline for one race, and you're enjoying a great moment. Wipeout is an awesome game cos' the online universe is global. But we still don't have all this ****ing optic fiber gah. Can't wait ah ah
    Last edited by kanar; 4th July 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    xxShivenxx

thought i'd just add to the thread of woe...

raced through sebenco reverse (my final track for my final trophy - arcade perfect) and i came first...

cept i drawed for first place...

i didn't get the damn trophy...

i didn't get my platnum...

and i can't do it again

i know how you feel Cerium... (there needs to be a controller snapping emote...)

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

Haha, unlucky.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Quote Originally Posted by RedScar View Post
    Thats just bad luck, but we all have been there. lol
    SO true. I remember being on my game a few days back. In a feisar, on Vineta K forward. And I was doing so good, I lapped a craft, which proceeded to rocket me, then I got missile'd, then I ended up with a third place finish.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MAMUTHcz

this happened to me today...last lap on chenghou, second place, energy critical going crazy and im like 2 meters from first guy. Punched that turbo ive been saving, but crushing straight into wall. Fortunately my wreckage had enough momentum to fly thru finish line and be on the first place!!! i was like WHAT???!!!:O

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

On the race to zone 100 on Anulpha Pass, which was a very tough one to
    say at least, I was on a very very good run, already close to zone 100,
    as a fruit fly crossed my LCD all of a sudden. I couldn't even recover! xD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Last night ,Avalon,Ubermall,start the race,running second,bomb dropped directly in front of me just before track splits,run straight into bomb,full impact into wall,sitting there with a sign over my head saying "Shoot Me", get missiled then quaked.
    Not the best first 500m of a race that I have even had.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Yep, every other race is like that for me. Crazy weapons I gotta say the thing I hate the most is leading the whole race for 5 laps and then slamming into a bomb that someone at the back of the pack has left for me. Whhyyyy?? This happened to me on Metropia rev the other day. Last lap, 2.5 seconds ahead, last big corner, 2 bombs one after another...4th place finish. I think my controller took most of the punishment

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Remember the last race of our double ladder match, cat
    Whhyyyy??

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

Tip for the day: Never autopilot what would be the last part of the race.

I saw a bomb for like six seconds and I was panicking and there was nothing that I could do about it. I had to watch the autopilot drive like a dumbass right into it. Race was over and I gave up first place for it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You can cancel Autopilot while it is active,or only partially use it,which even description makes more sense to you,just press the absorb button and it will stop.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    handmade_lion

I had not known that. But I'll change my tip anyway. Never "trust" an autopilot to finish a race.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Oh Crap, I always do that, I just press AP then look away and type on the compy if I gotta finish the race

Assuming its not that close that is....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Quote Originally Posted by xxShivenxx View Post
    thought i'd just add to the thread of woe...

raced through sebenco reverse (my final track for my final trophy - arcade perfect) and i came first...

cept i drawed for first place...

i didn't get the damn trophy...

i didn't get my platnum...

and i can't do it again

i know how you feel Cerium... (there needs to be a controller snapping emote...)
    This happened to me too. I played al the tracks in the normal order and didn't get the trophy. Had to back-track through almost all the reverse tracks (winning them a second time!) and found out I had missed one: AP reverse.

By the way, sometimes you can get incredibly lucky (in stead of unlucky). I managed to win CP reverse getting auto pilots just before the sharpest turn of the track, 4 laps out of 5.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Remember the last race of our double ladder match, cat
    Whhyyyy??
    Haha Leung...well after so many draws I decided to be tactical. And it worked