Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: HD pilots not in the zone?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It's also "Wake up with the controller in your lap and the game still running" time
    Lol Blackwiggle, Ive done that also. Evolite had sent me 4 messages wondering why i hadn't replied. I was in the land of nod with a empty bottle of JD next to me.

IH8YOU: Is Heinz Ketchup from Japan, I raced him a while ago with another Japanese racer who was really good. I asked to be his friend but he hasn't replied and now, without looking at the ps3 don't remember what his name was. Cerium was there as well he might recall what it was.

There seem to be loads of good Japanese pilots out there but not on this forum. I think they could make a pretty good team up.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

It was reach_big8 (or something close to).

He was pretty good. Won a few of the races by a solid 3-5 seconds.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yes, heinz-ketchup is from Japan - at least his flag is set to that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Come to think of it, he must of got the idea for the name from the Japanese flag.
    Looks like a giant blob of Ketchup in the middle of a table cloth.
    I've raced him before as well,I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand English as I've sent him messages with no reply.
    On the Australian server his name comes up in Japanese and then is translated into English after a short time.
    I remember when WOHD was first released in Japan [a lot later than everywhere else] and there was one person that completed the game in 6 days,never see him now after he finished it.
    There is nowhere near the amount of Japanese players as I thought there would be,which is more the pity.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

I lived in Japan for a while and most japanese are quite poor at english and are very self concious about it. Took me half a year to get my neighbour to even try and say *anything* in english and this is even while helping her with her english homework (we were both university students).

Japanese pilots are always such gracious hosts, giving you ample time to select a ship, making sure there are enough people, never leave if they are losing, etc. None of that "Yay! A third player! We can start that 12 race tournament now, I'll just hit START RACE right away, they don't need to select a ship, the default one will do!" crap.

That said, bring on the japanese so I can practice my japanese language skills (I suck, and I need practice).
    Last edited by okam; 17th January 2009 at 11:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Actually, so far I have found the japanese players to be the first to leave their own, full room after the first couple of races I beat them in...

PSN ID
    Greenix

sadly I aggree with habib, although reach_big8 hasn't and I remember a few others who don't, I'd like to think its more the issue of lag that causes them to leave?

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Well reach-big7 has accepted my invitation.
    So we will see how it goes from there
    Ive always found the Japanese players gracious in defeat and in victory

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I've played against heinz-ketchup many times too...he's definitely good. And I think he's just being cute with that name...as in, Heinz ketchup is supposed to be slow, but he is certainly not.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've been in a few ALL Japanese rooms before - for some reason they're huge on no-weapons races, and same-make races.

I do agree, though - beat them once or twice, and the herd thins out quickly.

I was even playing by their rules - maybe having a different flag in the room ruins aesthetic consistency? Maybe it's because I smell bad?

Dunno.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

does anyone on here go by the psn djv1nc3? he's pretty nifty in a triakis

Timezone
    GMT -5

I don't think he likes me very much. (seriously) Maybe he took my moniker a little too literally?

i got that feeling too. i congratulated him on his racing and his ability with a triakis (which i can't pilot for S**t). welcome to the way he rejected me: .................
    nothing, not a sausage. i'll convert him into a zoner yet (unless he's already here on the quiet)!

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Who is Judus? He's pretty determined whoever he is.

PSN ID
    Greenix

Judus is one of the Team England racers silly!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

and a fast one too.

then again, most of englands fast these days

does anyone on here go by the name of cyn0_? had a good tourny with him which ended in a draw. miles better than me though
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 23rd January 2009 at 11:02 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    abukii

Arrow

Ive played against Cyno. He is pretty good, but IIRC, hed join the tourney and race a few, then leave.

I played 5 Tournies in a row the other night (50 tracks total, 250 laps). The first 3 tournies, I came in first and the rest 2nd. I ran into an excellent pilot that was either trailing very close behind me [in points] or outright beating me. After the first few races, I thought that this guy/girl was more a veteran than me...Nihmx was his name. After my system froze during the 6th race, I had to restart. I ended up just leaving. So he sent me a FR and I added him. Come to find out, he had only gotten WO HD a week or so earlier. I was floored. If he had that much skill that early on, imagine what skill hed have in, say, 15 more years

Now, Videoman190 and I were pretty much battling for 1st all 5 of the races. As you can see, he won lol. Another pilot I want to credit is redrawandgone. Very, very good pilot.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Been playing early in the morning lately, I've met lots of new friends from playing at 7AM, mostly from the U.S.A.

The two that stick in my mind the most are BlackReign and thefellow3j, I was having great trouble with both of them.

Never seen them before, hope I see them again.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

I also played against cyn0...last night. I believe I beat him in a flash tourney, then lost to him big in a rapier tourney. He was piloting Piranha. He's good.