Thread: I turned off pilot assist and won my first tournament online!

Default I turned off pilot assist and won my first tournament online!

Hello

I'm a new forum member and until this afternoon I used pilot assist.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to play this game properly so turned it off tonight and won my first 8 race tournament!

The best part was seeing the other 2 players in there zig-zagging all over the place!

I feel somewhat cleaner than I did earlier today

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Congratulations! You have entered the career of a true AntiGravity Pilot, which is made out of nothing but WIN.
    Welcome to the 'Zone by the way...

Exclamation

I salute you for becoming a true wipeout player !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

awesome job. nice to see the newcomers learning

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Not so much a newcomer anymore, eh?

PSN ID
    Aero-R

I'm into the same feeeling too. I bought the game like 2 weeks ago (In fact, as my 1st WipEout... because I played the 1995 one but only a few days on that year) and since the 2nd day I was looking on the net for differences on speed and so on with both modes.

Then, I disabled the Pilot Assist but days later when I knew Sol 2 I feel sad because without Pilot Assist I was kissing the walls 95%.

One week later I told myself that the line was more important, and that Pilot Assist doesn't let met go in the proper line, so I disabled it and now I'm mastering Sol 2 & Sebenco Climb without it, now only the 2nd turn in Chengou Project lefts.

Hello to all here by the way. New into the forum, and I love the zone mode !. I'm into the LastFM group for this site too.
    Last edited by Aero-R; 22nd December 2008 at 05:29 PM.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Hi everybody

I played Wipeout for the 1st time in 1995 too. I played only for 5 minutes because the game was too difficult. I had never played such a difficult racing game in my hole life ! But 1 month ago I downloaded Wipeout HD to see if playability has changed and I was happily suprised !!! The Pilot Assist makes the game much more fun to play for beginners If the creators didn't introduce that mode I am 100% sure I would've played only for 5 minutes like in 1995 but now I've been playing almost everyday for 1 month. I LOVE THIS GAME !

For the 1st time yesterday I tried disabling Pilot Assist and now I win many tournaments ! It's incredible ! Even if I crash once, it is still possible to finish 1st of the race ! Whereas with Pilot Assist it's much more difficult to win a race once you've crashed.

WIPEOUT HD ROCKS !!!

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Quote Originally Posted by comediceffect1975 View Post
    Hello

I'm a new forum member and until this afternoon I used pilot assist.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to play this game properly so turned it off tonight and won my first 8 race tournament!

The best part was seeing the other 2 players in there zig-zagging all over the place!

I feel somewhat cleaner than I did earlier today
    Congratulations! i just got my PS3 on christmas. What is your PSN tag so that i might add you as a friend. Mine is 'madwiper'.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I remember my first Wipeout experience, superPJ.

I threw myself in the gauntlet of Silverstream my very first race...and finished third or fourth I believe.

My "Pilot Assist" when learning the game was Wipeout Fusion.