Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sebenco Climb & Chengou Project on Phantom Elite

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I'm not sure about in the campaign, sorry if I misread your post. I thought you were talking about the arcade perfect trophy. I know you can turn the weapons off and still get arcade perfect. The best thing you can do is stick at it and practice. Try and learn a new racing line and if you're blowing up a lot you might want to switch ship for a short while if if has low shield or try to be a bit more conservative with your weapons usage, if you don't already try to absorb more to keep high energy.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Just did it! Was in the lead by the end of lap 2 and just ran for it!

Changed to the Feisar for this one.

My plan of action was to absorb everything except turbo's auto pilots and shields.

I reckon arcade perfect will be a doddle in comparison to that!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I'll post my video now since I had done it a bit for this type of thread:

Chengou Project Phantom Elite

PSN ID
    JamboGT

Thats a great run there as well.
    Have decided to platinum the game so thats campaign done!

Next up Zico!

I don't want this to seem like i'm putting people down or that i'm big headed but i'm 100% sure this is easyer now with the 1.30 update. I tryed these before the update and had problems getting into the top 3 but since the update i did both first try and as i'm not a phantom pilot i can't put it down to practice? Some else who's already done this give it a try and tell us what you think.

PSN ID
    JamboGT

I had most of them done Gold before as I had the game from launch. However due to some hard drive error my game save was lost and I had to redo a lot!

I have to be honest I found t harder (from memory) as there seemed to be a huge number of bombs and mines. It may have been the same earlier (or easier) but i don't remember it as such.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I re race the whole of Meltdown against Elite and found it easier than before,but I honestly put it down to practice more than any changes in the way the offline plays.

Even if you don't race Phantom all that often,if you put in enough time in Rapier [especially online against tough opponents ] you are bound to have gotten better,and therefore found it easier.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hum hum, how strange.
    I'm started to run campaign in Elite last week end and now I have 3 medals missing.
    Guess what? Chengou, Sebenco and the Tournament (didn't try this one yet... not ready).
    So I searched '"sebenco climb" phantom' in google and I landed here...
    Apparently I'm facing a usual issue.
    Well, I have to practice

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

This is surely one of the only ridiculous things in WipEout HD that gets to me, and I don't think I'll ever not have issues with it. It took ages to figure out whether I just suck on Chenghou Project, or if the AI is actually given some sort of boost to enrage me.

Personally, I kinda laugh at people that always "blame the game".. but after acing the Zone event on this track on the first go, nailing the speed laps usually on the first go... and being able to win the other races on other tracks within first ten tries.. this track is completely different with the AI for races to me. Sometimes you get lucky and win by over a second, but majority of the time you have the track mastered and you still just have no chance, coming in the bottom three six seconds behind...

I hate myself for taking the "blame the game" route on this one.. but surely, hopefully, you get what I mean? I don't have this issue on any other track :/ It really gets to me.

PSN ID
    MiguelX69

I really had a bad time on this track's when I first platinum'ed the game... I had really to try over and over... Now that I have a new account, here I go to platinum it again... Wish me luck...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Dark-Twisted

I understand Miguel, I've started a new account too, and am close to re-platinuming it. Most of the stuff felt much easier now that I'm more experienced, but Chenghou still has no mercy

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

The Zone and Speed Lap events in the campaign are easier to medal than the single races and tournaments, I find.

Chenghou Phantom Elite was certainly the most difficult for me, but now I can get into first well before the start of the last lap pretty easily. It's not ridiculously difficult for the hardest setting in the game.

Before anyone else complains about this event, be sure to mention whether you have elite gold medals in every other event AND whether your PS3 fried on you while trying to get it on a hot July 4th and giving you the YLOD, destroying your saved game and anything you didn't sync online. Yep. It can get more frustrating, believe me.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I'd try using Feisar and see how you get on

PSN ID
    shapealot

ive had the yellow light of death twice now losing everything, had to play through campaign to unlock the tracks and ships and lost all my ghosts. i got my current ps3 the day fury came out so i made myself go back and re-do all my old times (beat them all except 4 BSB times ), so in a wierd way im glad it happened.

anyway bit off topic there. these 2 tracks are unforgiving if you make any mistakes and the AI can be brutal with the weapons, as everybody keeps saying its just down to practice. why not have a few goes at the time trial of each track before you race to get a feel for the track without the distraction of "QUAKE, MISSILE, ROCKETS, CONTENDER ELIMINATED"

PSN ID
    slimjim2097

it took me many a time to beat those courses i did exactly as shapealot said

subenco wasnt too hard for me cos you got so many BR you can stick in to win.
    chengu project was hard cos it has less options for BR

but for me sol forward was the hardest.even with two br per lap and a perfect run i had trouble winning and had to rely on A.I playing poorly to win.

i'm having major problem with chenghou on phantom-elite...
    the A.I. opponents have gone berserk and and they drive like they are cheating!beside that they are throwing bombs and mines only on me,i am really frustrated!
    i have no serious problems with the other tracks, only chengou :'(
    the only gold medals i am missing on phantom-elite are chenghou and the tournament...
    i have to admit that i found beating zico and zeus easier than the chenghou race alone!
    i guess i need more practice...

scary thing is when you are finally good enough to beat chengu on phantom elite you will still be average online in a phantom race on chengu with many players .thats how good the standard of many players who play phantom.
    elite golds means you are ready to really start to learn from the pros out their playing.

the standard on many online players is shockingly good..

no one should ever feel gutted when they dont win a race due to this fact.just racing to your best is one should need to do.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

I'm going to put my WO bluray in a mixer !!!!
    At least one hour on sebenco and couldn't get better than 4th place...

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Just did Elite Campaign again, so my feeling on it is, always go for the speed pads first and any weapons you pick up make sure you use it to good effect. Learn the shortcuts/Boost BRs as the AI just can't live with it.