Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sebenco Climb & Chengou Project on Phantom Elite

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

Default Sebenco Climb & Chengou Project on Phantom Elite

Greetings.

I've been playing HD for a couple of months now, but recently i really went trophy hunting.

I've got all the gold elite medals accept two.
    I just can't seem to master Sebenco Climb & Chengou Project. I find these tracks really hard, especially some hard corners.

The CPU really makes it a pain in the ass. Not because they take that good lines, but because there always blocking my ship on these really tight roads.

This may al sound a little bit nooby for some of you guys, but i'm not an 'ace pilot' yet. And still learning.

So do you got some tips for me? Maybe icarus just isn't the best ship for these tracks, or need to change some settings?

Thanks

P.S.: My First language isn't English, so there maybe some spell/grammar errors

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I would say that Icarus is not your best bet to try and make first place on Elite on this particular tracks.

Better off with a ship that has higher acceleration and better handling. Like an Assegai or AG Systems instead. With all the hard corners, being able to shoot out of them with high acceleration on the ship really helps out.

Also, makes sure you are blasting the enemy ships every chance you get. Slowing the down is very important to taking first on these courses.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Learn to turn using side-shifting on sebenco, and hope for speed boosts to use on the way out of the tunnel. That way, you can fly over the zig-zag section and shave alot of time. This 'trick' really helped me drive way ahead of the pack. Also, use barrel roles on some occasions if you can.

On CP, well, the only tricky part is the tight left corner. Master it and you master the track really.

And as some else already said here in the forums: Use mainly speed boosts and autopilots (ad shields). Absord the rest.

Edit: I managed them with Icaras, just have patience, you become better with each try
    Last edited by H3avyM3tal; 16th December 2008 at 03:39 PM.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I agree with what Heavy Metal is saying, boots and auto-pilots can be your best friends against the elite AI. Saving a boost to perform a shortcut or a barrel roll can get you ahead and saving an auto-pilot for the nasty sections, which there is plenty of on Chenghou and Sebenco .

As an Icaras pilot too I'd change ship for these tracks. Better handling and a chunkier shield will get you through easier.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Well, what a backup here guys lol: 3 great answers in less than one hour! FrenkyV, I PMed you some links to the good & "forgotten" threads here. See ya
    Last edited by kanar; 16th December 2008 at 03:50 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

A demonstration for Sebenco Reverse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gqbuuSkB4

Now I quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    1. Speed. Speed all the way. Hit all the pads, and do all the BRs. Very important. I found that out when trying to beat Chengou on Venom. The lead AI was putting a 7 secs lead after half the first lap. When you hit all the speed pads, you get back to him up his ass at the last lap, so passing him is no trouble from there. So speed first, weapons later.
    2. About weapons, on tracks with BRs like Chengou: absorb only and use when you don't need to absorb. Because you will be doing BRs primarily, and they take off 15%. When on a track with no BRs though, fire, always (Except when it's mines or Bomb and you're in eight, that is common sense). Absorb when you only get hit.

Also, if you get hit more than two times, you need to restart. Unless you are really lucky you will not be able to get first place.
    If you respect these two tips, you'll see it becomes much easier.

Remember: Speed first, weapons later.
    As you can see, I hit most of the speed pads on my run through Sebenco Reverse, and did only few of the possible BRs. If you do a lot more of them (And crash less), you will be much faster, and possibly even go under the 2 minutes mark in Single race. Practice the line with the ship you prefer, then hit the racebox to do it with the AI

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

lol FrenkyV needed advices, & we gave him an avalanche of tips. Remember : WipeoutZone rules.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

Thumbs up

Yes indeed. And so quick!

Thx all you guys, i've already discovered that 'shortcut' over the zig-zag part at climb.

I'll guess ill change to Assegai for now, i've just saw that with that ship i've gotten the fastest time's anyway on these tracks.

Thx again
    Last edited by Task; 17th December 2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Removed quote of previous post

I would say use ag systems for sebenco, and feisar for chengchou

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i used feisar for both, actually for most of them. but the extra maneuverability it gives you will be great for the 2 tracks, but you must be a crack shot with your weapons to compensate for your slower speed

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Just takes practise. I left doing the Elite arcade for a while after I was useless at CP, Sol2 and *gasp* SC, but I came back after a week or 2 and found them all relatively easy. Oddly I did none of them in my beloved AG-S ship. I had more luck with Feisar / Goteki 45.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zackdem

Personnaly, I used Harimau for these 2 tracks, for me it was the good ship with good handling (I found it a little bit "lighter" than assegai,but maybe I just play too much with it) & speed.

The only thing when you have average skills like me is that the AI make you going nuts: on one try you can finish 2nd or 3rd with an average time (2'12 or around), and on the next you can finish 8th with a not so bad time and the 1st place AI is close to beat the world record. you need a strong willpower to prevent you throwing the gamepad on the walls.
    I use SL sessions to train, made a few days pause and try again, and it works better.
    Be sure to take all the weapon pad you can when you are first on the last lap, because you can be sure that the 2nd or 3rd AI is just behind you, waiting for a speed boost (and they surely have it if you let them go on a pad)and beat you on the last straight

PSN ID
    kgb1971

I think i used Harimau for these two tracks, I was also using Icarus but kept getting pasted.

On Sebenco, personally I would use the Turbo at the top of the hill going into the tunnel as using it coming out of the tunnel takes good timing which at the time i didn't have. You need to master side shift to get round the track smoothly try not to to take the corners too wide.

On Chengou, Take the hard left, wide and earlier than you think. Also time can be lost on the long sweeping left. Try to keep your nose down right round this part as it will stop you jumping about too much (still learning this myself).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
    just have patience, you become better with each try
    8 D Or, as might have been said before, Practice Leads To Perfection!

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Yeah, it's (lots of) practice (sideshifting) and maybe some luck. Get some AP or Turbo and you will make it - use it at the right point. But only if you know the track and imho take the right ship (I preferred AG, Feisar for S/C and C/P). The biggest pain was S/C forward ... I flew record after record but never managed it better than 2nd. After 2 nights and dreams about improving my skills I finally made it. For elite pilot I had to do it again *sigh* this time practice hit me. I made it in my 3rd attempt w/o much luck regarding the extras. Same was for all the other back tracks that I mostly never practiced. Not that much of a problem. Got elite pilot after three nights of ~2 h racing. W/ only 4 trophies missing I have to go for the zone an zico (I'm not that good w/ barrel rols) events.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I don't think that a thing such as 'the right ship' exists. I used Icaras on all tracks and got elite campaign. I think it was great practice, but the thing with elite AI is that there are times when they are ELITE and times when they are elite. That and getting lots of speed boosts on SC and it is quite easy.

Only when you play against real people online do you understand that the AI is not the real threat

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Ok, than it's even more practice. I did not get the 90deg turns or the long left turn in S/C managed w/ Icaras. After all, luck is when the AI is elite != ELITE . More Online races is the next thing if zone sucks big time. Need to do some more eliminations.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FrenkyV

Frustrating!!!

I've been in front two times on SC, but then those words of doom from a women's mouth "ROCKET"... And boom....

But i've been using Harimau now, its going better ^O^

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

I'm not sure for the trophy mates, but without weapons the elite ai is not that strong.