Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Aliasing,Stutters,Frame loss,Slowdown how many of you have these problems...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default Bad Aliasing,Stutters,Frame loss,Slowdown how many of you have these problems...

bad aliasing,stutters,frame loss slowdown ans the " white snowing effect " how many of you have these problems and what could be the cause?

as far i'm concerned about , i have problems of aliasing that at this time i do not know if it's the game who are in this way or it's a problem of mine, since i never seen the game in another console on another tv of another person i cannot know for sure, i have stutters frame loss and tears on screen maybe very little noticeable for a person who don't know the game or videogames in general but certain i notice it...then i have white tiny points or lines who appears inside the " seams " who link together the piece of graphics in which all the things in the games are build ,for a practical exemple in the slits beetwen the pannels of some ships, ag sys sides for exemple or the inside sides of the feisar nose vent , how many of you have this effect known as " snow whiting " like a friend here ( blackwiggle ) had let me know

the game still astonishing but after long sessions of playing all these issues can become very annoying

what could be the cause of all these issues? hardware or cables connection? or other?

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

No issues here, looks great as always.

Probably cause I spent over $100 on a proper HDMI cable.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

some cables do not have enough bandwidth for hdmi 1.3:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#HDMI_1.3

i am going to try 1.3 cables next week

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

actually i have a 1.3 cable...

i'm gonna hit my head on the wall

Could be a cable connection problem, try another HDMI cable (NOT an overpriced, super expensive one...<$40), also try component out (the red/green/blue cables), and finally, see if you can play the game on a friend's PS3 or at a demo kiosk, and look for those same artifacts.

Are these problems noticeable from 6 ft away or only when you're looking right at the screen?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes are slightly noticeable even at a distance, the aliasing and a sort of... i cannot know how to explain myself,ehm tremor but i think it's an aliasing thing

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Can you take screenshots?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes i can...i already have 278 or some...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

here's a video; i tried to link the high quality video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elgAU5Ltu0g&fmt=6

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

What resolution are you running at?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i think he have already tell that run at 1080p in another thread, it is right friend?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

i'm running at 1080p

I ordered some better HDMI cables from amazon, so i'll let you guys know on monday/tuesday if anything improves.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok let us know , thank you

BTW i have same aliasing effect as you plus the whiting effect and stutter-slowdown

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

From what I read here it doesn't sound like a bad HDMI cable to me. If you are experiencing white flakes between polygon edges, I'm suspecting your PS3's graphics card is having a problem. Are you experiencing similar problems with any other games? Are you experiencing the same problems with wipEout if you lower the resolution?

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

would lean towards your gfx card overheating/falling over.

is ps3 in well ventilated area, not on floor, etc, etc? If its getting hot you should be able to hear as the fan ramps up a lot. might be full of dust if you have kept it in bad area or have pets/smokers/carpet There is a fan test you can do that should clear lots of dust without you having to take it to bits. Forgotten how but can google for instructions.

/edit oh just saw the other thread, so sounds like it isnt the impending death of your ps3 after all, phew
    Last edited by rushin; 5th December 2008 at 08:50 AM.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

White flakes
    Otherwise known as Sebenco Climb.

Seriously, I don't know what to suggest.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

Is anyone else running 1080p and getting any aliasing? It's most noticeable while stationary and using the nose-camera at the start of the race (your camera should sway back and forth because of the nose-cam). Vineta K and Sol 2 were the two tracks I tested the most.

Aliasing is NOT a big deal; while going full speed it's almost impossible to notice or care about something that trivial.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Figlarz

Yesterday I had some framerate drops, but that was first (and the last) time.

I never got any skipping issues until the new update came along, now I get them every once in a while, very annoying, like an old pc game without enough memory

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok, just to make order on the facts:

-my playstation do not emit any strange rumors, nor the fan seems to go under pressure even after a couple of hours of playing, yes playstation turn very hot after a while but i know it is regular , right?

-outside the game issues i've described my ps3 do perform all the other things without any problems find ( play music, the sound is optimal, copy stuff, play films, dvd,wma, mp3,downloads,go on internet ec ec. without any sign or problems )

-if i run with hdmi cable at lower resolution the aliasing and snow whiting remains at 576p the aliasing turn unbearable but it's because i still watching it in a hd tv, the aliasing & company remains but the stutters,tears and slowdown disappears as it seems
    ( i will try with the scart cable and on an sd tv and let you know soon )

-if you try to search and take a look on the web you will find many MANY stuff about aliasing and ps3 games, try to search on google " ps3 aliasing " or " ps3 aliasing problems " "ps3 have antialiasing" and so on, as it seems ps3 do not have an antialiasing filter, many many other games have these kind of problems, i do not know anyway if it the case of wipeout hd...

-now i'm really really VERY confused