Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is wipEout HD LAN-capable?

Two PS3s!?!?!?!?

[doesn't even have oNe. ]

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I shared my experiences before in this thread, with 3 PS3s in 1 room. It worked fine, but today I wondered how the controllers were assigned to each PS3?

How will all 8 controllers know which ship to control on the 8 different PS3s? Does anybody know?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

That's not a problem. The controllers are bluetooth devices, which have to be identified by the system (by plugging them in with usb). They won't accidentally affect another system.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I don't factually know but I can make a pretty good assumption.

They connect via bluetooth, so need a hardware network address. Those addresses are unique and need to be paired with a ps3 in order to work together. Luckily this process is very easy. It also leaves open the opportunity to theoretically have a lot of ps3's and controllers in one room, like hundreds. The amount is limited by bluetooth bandwith and controller consumption of it, which I don't know either way without looking it up and testing...I presume they use bluetooth 2 which has fair bandwith and the controllers using very little of it, so my guess is we could stack like 50 ps3's and that amount quadruppeled of controllers in one room and use them uninterrupted by eachother.

And after all that babble I hope I'm right
    Last edited by AnErare; 25th February 2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: eLhabib was faster :)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Cool, thanks guys for the answer! Now we only need it to be the first of May.