Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So.. Where are all the Piranha players??

PSN ID
    subtotal

the piranha is my fave ship but phantom was a complete nightmare at first and i am still avoiding reverse track rooms online,
    if i'm too tired to concentrate i jump in the quirex or mirage

i dont like to fire at a fellow piranha either
    you are right, there arent many about

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Seems like I've seen a lot more lately. I agree that there aren't many but when WHD was first released I hardly ever saw anyone piloting one.Everyone was in an Assegai. Now there's usually at least one in a 8 player race if not more and not as many Assegai's.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

pirhana feels too heavy for me...but im very used to feisar . plus the shape and design of the ship is absolutely god awful

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

I'm not keen on the Pirahna, whilst getting the livery liberation trophy I had to fly it for a while and it just felt sluggish. I race almost exclusively in the Icarus ship and it is a rare thing for a Pirahna to finish ahead of me. I typically have more trouble from Mirage and other Icarus pilots.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

give cerium a race, i'm sure he'll put up a good fight
    thing is, i agree about it feeling sluggish, it feels like racing in flash with piranha. i quite like that sometimes; means you can just relax and still post some good times, even when they feel slow. i personally find it easier to pilot than the auricom but that may be because it's nice and pointy
    i love my big fish

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Lol I don't often fly above Flash as I don't get a lot of chance to play Wipeout and I can't keep my skills at Rapier or Phantom level without constant practise.
    Last edited by Lance; 25th February 2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Read the guidelines, please.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

well you'll get there eventually. i'm not very good at adapting so i can't fly below phantom at all otherwise i just end up making a huge mess of things when i go back to it.
    versatility isn't my strong point

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

Since some days I fly exclusively Piranha now, that has some reasons:

- As mentioned , one can argue it's general design (personally, I love it's curves) but the 3rd skin is just awesome.

- Playing WO 2097 again, and as we know there it is the unlockable 'ubercraft', though, without weapons.

- I decided to compete in a eventual WO worldcup under Chinese flag , not the Swiss one, cause China is where i will spend the next years of my life. And you should know from the WO backstory, that Piranha is a Chinese brand

- Related to the point above, no matter if for China or Switzerland, seems I would be the only competitor for either of them

- The whole challenge of flying a Piranha to the point of perfection seems very rewarding to me, not to mention it's the ultimate practice for the wicked 'Beat Zico' Trophy anyway.

- So you will defenitely see me flying Piranha in the online races from now on, Greetings to Cerium and Yeldar, hope we will meet on tracks and show them other racers Piranhas sharp teeth

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

Piranha's usually my preferred craft of choice, thanks to the supership unlockable in XL. It's been evened out/dumbed down ever since, but it's design and raw power (top speed) are second to none. Of course in modern Wipeout versions it's thrust has taken a serious hit.

Not sure if it'll be my long term WipeoutHD ship, but definitely will be the one I start with and earn all the loyalty points for first before moving onto other ships.