Thread: So.. Where are all the Piranha players??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Default So.. Where are all the Piranha players??

Does anybody else almost never see them?? Or when they do, are rarely world beating players (no offense to any guys here i dont know about! )

I've had the pleasure of racing with quite a few zoners now, and I cant recall a single one of you guys, or indeed anyone else, using Piranha.

I generally never went for the speed over agility kind of wipeout teams, but are icarus really that much better to warrent so many people using them over piranha and triakis?

Shame really, I think the 3rd piranha skin looks sweet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

hey Haydn,

My 2 cents, because I was a piranha pilot for pulse & tried to continue that career for hd... here, maybe you remember : http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=38
    But some times after, I realized that: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...1&postcount=48
    I noticed a kind of "technical correction" on each track, by an average of 0.15(same racing line, brs-haven't tried to improve anulpha reverse-). What's my point? Piranha is reserved to experts, I mean you can't escape from the wall if your racing line isn't perfect. Well, that's for TT or SL of course, because online your big shield is a great advantage for sure. But you have to master the floaty fish before. It's more than practice at this point I think.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I was a Piranha pilot since Wip3out up until HD. I use Piranha in Pulse so upon buying HD I used them out of favouritism. I tried using different ships after I completed the campaign and found Icaras gave me the extra edge thanks to the increased thrust and handling. I do miss Piranha's shield though, I could really have done with it online sometimes.

I might see what I think of Piranha now that I've been an Icaras pilot for two months. You never know, I might go back! (or not )

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Ceiu

I fly piranha pretty much full time -- except when I'm attempting that awful zone trophy (which, by the way, is incredibly difficult thanks to the goofy 100% handling that bloody zone ship has).

Sadly, most of the time I see someone else playing piranha online, they're also using pilot assist; so they generally don't do that well anyway...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I started using Piranha more now, switching between it, Icaras and Ag. Managed to win some phantom tournaments, and to my surprise it is much easier to control than I imagined. So far I like it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TreAtzTMA

I've started using Piranha again lately, especially for Venom/Flash class races. Don't think I got the chops for faster races.