Thread: Ubermall reverse shortcut glitch

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Ubermall reverse shortcut glitch

I was doing TT's on Ubermall reverse the other day and I was able to consistently nail the shortcut,but something just didn't seem right.

I race in cockpit mode, so glitches don't immediately seem obvious,but I was pretty sure I was hitting the outside of the wall on a few occasions whilst doing the shortcut,and by rights I should of respawned,but I didn't,I just kept going as if nothing wrong had happened.

I finally managed to capture these images that proves what I thought was going on,actually was happening.

PSN ID
    chboing

you ****ing cheater !!!

j/k i think everybody that has tried to take this shortcut experienced this ... more or less

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It only happens if you "Take off" aiming in between the building and the pole.

If you aim for the left pot plant that stick out of the pole it gives you the best exit line,problem is if your just a fraction late taking off you end up flying too high and smash into the ceiling/wall at the top of the hump.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

I've managed to be stuck on the plant for 5-6 seconds, very funny.
    And if you ever try this online, prepare to suffer if you miss it, as your ship might fall back
    on the track completely vertically and will take up to 10 seconds to respawn.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I tried it online for the first time in a tournament 2 days ago,got it right and it won me the race.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

umm, this never happens to me, but this isn't the only case of " fusion through the track " don't know if any of you have noticed that but in moa therma rev. as well in the chicane before the tunnel and big mag loop, when you use a quite wide ship like mirage in a precise point of the track when your ship tilt from right to left for turning the ship side go under the track surface...

this kind of stuff aren't nice for nothing

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

This is normal though, SL probably designed the whole racing physics and
    collisions with a simple ship (probably a cylinder), and then all the existing
    ships are using this model but with other visuals / geometries.

So there is no collision with the geometry of the ship itself but with this
    cylinder model. Which is good and bad, good because otherwise everyone would be
    flying the smallest possible ship = Icaras, bad because of some glitches.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i remenber, in another thread, about the " real " dimensions and proportions of the AG ships , that a programer, maybe crob, i don't remenber, stated that the ship are around 14 meters long , more or less, and 5 to 6/6,50 meters wide...so in some cases there's a difference of 1,50m...it ain't so slighty...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The wall under the track also flickers when you take this shortcut (appear/disappear).

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

are you sure each of the ships don't have their own collision parameters?
    i find the auricom much more difficult to get through the chicane (ubermall forward) than say, another unwieldy ship like piranha.
    could just be psychosomatic i guess, my mind likes to play tricks on me.

back on topis: i don't think i've ever managed to get this glitch but then again i've only tried with icarus.
    maybe i'll see if you can do it with every ship...

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I can't even nail the shortcut. Saw it on youtube and it looked easy enough but every time I try it I just fly into something and end up in the shopping centre. When is the correct time to boost?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I boost right after the 3rd boostpad before the chicane leading to the mini hill, i usually up a little my nose to point to the direction of the top of the hill; i am passing between the mall and the pillar with plants on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Do you happen to have the link for the Youtube video of this, i woundnt mind seeing how this operation is done. All i found is a few random videos and #3 World Ranking Ubermall Foward Phantom Lap....

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

Thanks for that Asayyeah. Will have to put more practice in. Half the problem for me is I hit the first pad which knocks me off line a bit and miss the 2nd. I was leaving it until near at the little S bend and boosting there.

Kigo - I don't have the link personally. I'm sure it was through this site that I found it though. Not much to trawl through then !!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Thats cool

I found a really interesting shortcut on Moa Therma, but the ship ended up in the water, then into an empty void

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

umm for me sound strange as well that the ship don't have their own different collision parametters, at least chassis kind by chassis kind

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

About collisions, I can notice how Icaras hits the environment without actually hitting it,
    same for AG-Systems (front of the ship), so that's made me realize there wasn't
    any real collision but an approximation with another model, which is standard way
    in games anyway, because it's a lot faster to process.

And it's good because that way, every ship design is good, no disadvantages if the ship
    is bigger than another, but damn it's bad when I see my ship hitting/scraping the wall
    without any real collision!
    And the gitch darkfaeraytales is talking about (ship sinking into the track) probably
    comes from this as well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

sure if they use a triangular shape it works better , since most of the ship are large on back and very narrow in the front, even better if they divide into 2 models , triangular for 1 hulled crafts and rectangular for 2 hulled crafts