Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Harimau the weakest craft in the game??

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

funniest line ever!!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    ProblemSolver, you said you've beaten the best players on some fury tracks,
    but I think some of them don't really master those tracks. ...
    I know what you wanna say, but I don't mean it that way -- would be too easy.
    It's not that some of the best players lack practise on the Fury tracks. And I
    honestly don't play these tracks more than any other top10 player here. And as
    Vartazian said, some players know the Fury tracks quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    ... At least next time we play, try to choose HD tracks, I haven't had time to
    practice on the Fury ones yet for instance. About FEISAR/AG-SYS, there isn't so
    much difference, just watch the TT or SL you can accomplish with both ships, I
    don't think it will really matter in a race.
    Hey Connavar, we played together one time. I choose any track while hosting.
    About FEISAR and AG-SYS. There isn't much of a difference, but still, the thrust
    advantage of AG-SYS against FEISAR matters, esp. in a race.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

harimau HD is my actual No.1! off topic: its cockpit looks like the "y-wing"-cockpit from the original STAR WARS movies. 2nd place 4 me goes to feisar HD, cause it looks like the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA starfighter. yesterday i watched BLADERUNNER (again), it seems to me the flying police-car influenced the design of mirage HD. btt: i dont think harimau HD is the weakest ship. in the beginning of my wipEout HD "career" 4 me it was the 1 & only choice to beat the elite-AI on phantom class.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    Probably, but you must improve first your time
    without that last BR. I managed a 21.62 with only one BR and multiple laps at
    21.6X before i finally succeeded in that BR to improve at 21.54. Yes the last BR
    can help to a rank 1 but you must also be on a 21.6X potentially lap ! You
    definitely must try fury icaras for that track !
    Hey I got my first non-ZONE rank 1 on TJ Reverse, Phantom, TT : 1.52.89
    using Harimau+.

I took a week off from trying to set any new records to rethink the way of
    how I'm controlling the craft on phantom-racing. Problem is, I'm rather used
    to control the ZONE craft in a very dynamic fashion because everything is
    ever changing in ZONE, whereas on phantom-racing everything is static. On
    phantom-racing there is no need to stabilize the craft for example. A fixed input
    sequence is enough, the same steering pattern will be applyed on each lap.
    I just needed to find a way on how I could incorperate this into my way of
    steering. After some experimentation it seems like that I've found what I
    was looking for. I somehow started anew, like someone who had never played
    any WipEout before, to tricker my mind in adopting something new -- which
    isn't easy to say at least. Well, today I decided to give it a go on a track
    I really know about; Talon's Junction Reverse. After an hour I was quite
    pleased having set the new TT record over there, and this run wasn't even a
    good one from my side, I missed a lot of pads. So the record is quite beatable
    esp. when performing BRs before start/finish, like you did on SL, leungbok.
    However, I'm getting better on BRs as well.

Lets see if I can now pull a 21.6x on TJ (R).
    Last edited by ProblemSolver; 28th October 2009 at 04:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

ProblemSolver: I know you could choose the track of course, but we did only
    1 race lol!! It's just that I was curious to see how good you were, without being
    10 seconds behind

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I personally use the craft all the time (Fury Version). It's light and can speed up fairly quickly. The HD version isn't as terrible in my opinion. Try the craft first, don't base on stats.

Is Harimau really that bad?
    Should i consider changing the team? With what?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Fireuser1995

I kinda like Harimau, really. They are my 3rd favorite team. Even thought I got eliminated twice with them. But I got careless both those times. The stats suggests that they have the second weakest shielding in the game. But stats isn't everything.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Eeeeeeuuuuuhhhmmmm, it's not, not if i have anything to say about it
    http://wipeoutrankings.com/index.php...=0&f=1&s=-1&o=

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Dittos. Harimau is the BEST for Phantom, and probably Rapier too. It is all about how you race, but I contend that Harimau is the BEST in the hands of a master pilot. Everyone flies Icaras, but few master it. The true benefits of the Harimau lie with a skilled pilot. You can't go off stats alone, but if you did I'd argue that with the second best speed below Icaras and Piranha and waaay better handling, it excels. Icaras is the best in my opinion for Venom Flash, and possibly Rapier.

It really depends on the speed class. That extra handling is significant in Phantom class. Thrust is irrelevant, and top speed really only matters on straights. FEISAR is too slow, Icaras handles too poorly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I kind of disagree with that lol, Icaras is OP and everyone knows it
    That doesn't mean you'll fly good with it, it still depends on the pilot, but i break most my Harimau records with Icaras rather easily (alt account), but i just don't like seeing everyone hopping in an Ica assuming they'll do much better, i love seeing variation in the lobbies, instead of all Icas, but that's not the reason why i fly Harimau, simply put, Harimau is ****ing sexxxyyyyyy :-D, i simply fly what i enjoy flying, and usually that's based on design of the ship

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Harimau-HD is under-powered for sure, it has the same stats as Assegai-HD but with less thrust. But Harimau-Fury is either the no. 2 or no.1 best ship in the game, (and one of the most used) i don't think anyone can really argue against that. If you want under-powered craft look at ships with high shields, triakis, auricom, qirex... they are just out classed.

But if you want my opinion, i think EG-X is the actual worst (especially if you compare it's fury to the other furys), it has NO stats. Don't believe me? compare it to Goteki 45, Assegai, and AG-systems. They just have better stats than it. EG-X's only saving grace is its 85-90 speed-thrust combo that just barely keeps it from being completely pointless.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

There's a lot of hidden stats as well though, look at icaras's booty shake for example

I really like Harimau HD as well (also because it's super sexy) it flies real smooth ^^
    There's a very old thread on here somewhere where one of the devs listed most of the hidden stats, but i can't remember them from the top of my hat

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Oh yeah, i heard Hellfire talking about the hidden stats. what are they exactly? Is there anyone who has documented a chart or something?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    I kind of disagree with that lol, Icaras is OP and everyone knows it
    That doesn't mean you'll fly good with it, it still depends on the pilot, but i break most my Harimau records with Icaras rather easily (alt account), but i just don't like seeing everyone hopping in an Ica assuming they'll do much better, i love seeing variation in the lobbies, instead of all Icas, but that's not the reason why i fly Harimau, simply put, Harimau is ****ing sexxxyyyyyy :-D, i simply fly what i enjoy flying, and usually that's based on design of the ship

Cipher
    Well it is OP and yet it isn't. It is a risk vs reward craft. Icaras is almost perfectly optimized for frequent barrel rollers (like myself!) but how one deals with the low shield strength is really where the extra skill is needed. For speed laps and TT's, yes; Icaras is a bit OP. But that is different that a race setting.

You are correct Cipher when you say that people assume that they'll fly better with Icaras. I like to think that I've mastered the Icaras personally, and when I see a bunch of Icaras ships in a lobby, I know that a lot of pilots are just using it because of the handling stats and the speed stats without truly knowing the full potential. The HD version rolls slightly faster and is easier to get certain rolls than the Fury counterpart. It also is a stiffer ride making ideal lines a little easier which is the hidden stats for the Icaras. The same is true for Piranha. The HD rolls much faster, and gets more air because it is lighter.

But DAMN if the Harimau Fury isn't the sexiest ship to fly. No question there. The only other ship that I personally find almost as sexy is the HD Piranha.

Once again, it is really the pilot skill that is the most important aspect of it. I have no need for weapons, and I absorb everything to roll instead. Which is in my opinion, the way to master the Icaras. It seems like the perfect Green Racing ship. I either win or get destroyered in Flash and Venom.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    The only other ship that I personally find almost as sexy is the HD Piranha.
    Only I'm allowed to call my freaky fish sexy

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Well, i went and did a comparison of the visible stats. I compared the lowest ships in each stat to the highest in each stat. should i post my findings here or is that too off topic?

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Ah. So these are the hidden stats then. it's unfortunate that we may never know the exact specs on all the race craft though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

In a wep off race though, the best ship is imo ag fury due to its thrust.
    Since overtaking is a complex thing against good players, you have the best options to win a race when u r in front. With ag fury you keep your start position or you can even overtake some icaras and hatimau.

Edit: The sexiest ship is icaras hd silver skin close view <33
    And the best roller is auricom - i take him in red colour sometimes, when i dont feel pressure because of other player.
    It is a really tough ship.
    Last edited by xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix; 8th February 2015 at 01:03 AM.