Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Harimau the weakest craft in the game??

To answer the original question, Harimau, I think, cannot be the weakest ship in the game because Triakis is much weaker and just desperately slow. I`ve been hoping to get 100k in all ships, but really attempting this in Triakis is making me lose the will to live. Respect to all who can get any speed out of this bathtub. Wipeout HD really needs an eliminator mode add on because Triakis really needs a raison d`etre My apologies to all fans of the big grey shark, but it`s not what it used to be in 2197

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Smile

yes massive respect to all who can manouver the "military barrack", "army tub" "the camo spraggled iron-bulk"
    i salute you all cause you surely are better pilots than me.
    and as a response to this thread, i love the harimau especially in the blue and orange ( i seem to be the only one who dont adore the yellow for some reason. but still harimau is the only ship where all skins are unique.) and it handles SO wonderfully.
    i am proud to say that the multi coloured greenpeace craft is one of my absolute favourites.
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 24th March 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Okay, I used Harimau to finish my campaign on the Meltdown grid. I used to really think this team was a joke. Now they're in my top 5 right now. My friend Justin was playing HD for the first time last night and he would not use anything but Harimau once he used it the first time.

They've come a long way from Pure.

When I first tried Wipeout HD Harimau was the only ship I could really learn to control, especially when I finally switched it to Phantom (flash is for weaklings)

After racing with Harimau I got used to it on phantom speed, but why do people keep saying the ship is so terrible? I find it much easier to turn with them as a noob to wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    They've come a long way from Pure.
    Indeed. Back then Harimau really was the weakest ship all around!

Slow acceleration, medium handling, top speed and shield. With the acceleration glitch of Triakis this slow acceleration was really putting Harimau at a more considerable disadvantage than any other ship IMO, as it was not able to catch up quickly, and was not able to go very fast...

Now Harimau, while still feeling rather medium, is overall much better. The glitch that was removed helps too.
    Being a yellow/black Goteki skin user I have certain "compassion" for Harimau pilots donning the same colours

Quote Originally Posted by Horror View Post
    ~~(flash is for weaklings)~~
    Try to set a world record time in Flash [or any other class, fast or slow], and you'll see that you have to be a strongling to do it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TarotCardKiller, CrossHareManiac

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

TCK... awesome

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Goodness, I completed Elite Campaign Legend with Harimau and felt it was the easiest, so much that I worried that everyone was just going to use Harimau online and it would be boring, and that people would complain when I entered a race, "oh look, another Harimau user." Much of me still thinks this is the reason most people don't race with Harimau online.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Kind of the case with the new harimau - bit of a cliché nowadays

Oldimau looks the sexiest and drives the sexiest, nuff said.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Fury-mau is perhaps the best ship for manoeuvrability and speed, if that's what you want. It is a shame that it has succumbed to overuse. Maybe not overuse, but certainly misuse. Although it is excellent for speed laps and time trial, if a track isn't suited to Icaras it is probably suited to Harimau. Beats AG-SYS any day.

what i think about the ships...my opinion only...dont take as fact, so dont take offence...

harimau ...is good ship allround..handling is good,fast starter,

ags... is unstable and bumpy but quick on the start.

icarus ...is average but loses out on the slow conering and dosnt seem any faster than the other ships.very rarely wins from what i have seen unless in the hands of an expert.

assegai..really good ship alround.

fiesar..fiddly to control if your not used to it but is so good at handling.beware of good fiesar players they own on corners.

gotecki....super fast thrust, but only a ship for experts like varti and hellfire...too tricky for me to use.

never used any others so i havnt got an oppinion

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Definately overuse, it's all over the place (guilty overuser and abuser ).

If you don't have the skill/patience to do it in a Icaras; use the mau

harimua isnt overused as icaras.when you look at all speed classes..

triakis and auricom and qirex are rarely used for some reason..mirage is quite rare too and ags is becoming a bit scarce.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Triakis Qirex and Auricom are used plenty by me!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

In my opinion, the Icaras is the weakest ship and that Plasma (a weapon) can easily destroy the Icaras in two hits. Harimau is slightly stronger and that it has very good handling and can survive any weapons that is inflicted against Harimau, except for Plasma.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

AG-S is more tempting to me with every Phantom race. First it was just the feeling of being in first place until the first turn, then the feeling of being in first place until after the first turn, then being in first place for the whole first lap.

Of course after your speed tops out, the feeling that you're a sitting duck for cannon ammunition sets in.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    jan709

I used to be an ag-sys fan, but recently i fell for harimau. I have been pulverizing my PB's since .

As for being pushed around, i never win i somehow always get pushed aside regardless of the used craft

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Quote Originally Posted by Amorbis View Post
    Fury-mau is perhaps the best ship for manoeuvrability and speed, if that's what you want. It is a shame that it has succumbed to overuse. Maybe not overuse, but certainly misuse. Although it is excellent for speed laps and time trial, if a track isn't suited to Icaras it is probably suited to Harimau. Beats AG-SYS any day.
    True, fury ship's enhancements forgot ag-system
    Fury harimau, is now the best overall ship IMO !

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Kyonshi

I dont think Harimau is the weakest. Far from it actually.

I discussed the issue of Harimau against Assegai in a post on Gamefaqs months ago. I stated that Harimau isn't really inferior to Assegai because i had the feeling that Harimau feels lighter and take cornering by banking all its mass on one side in a perfectly balanced way, opposite to Assegai which i feel the tail slides sidewards to reorient the ship inside the curve, giving a feeling of heaviness and because the way the airbrakes act and are engineered.

Multiple replies to my statement were in accordance with my point of view. Harimau isn't really in the shadow of Assegai because of its "inferior" stats. It seems there's definitely a difference of mass and velocity between the 2 ships, as well as different behavior in navigation.

Harimau is just perfectly balanced in its conception. That's why i use it. I can't pilot Assegai adequately because of the way it behaves.