Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Harimau the weakest craft in the game??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i was thinking upon mdhay comment about the harimau molded in play-doh , in truth the ship has something childish and toy-looking, not to make any offense, the design is gorgeous but it was a thing who was in my mind from some time

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Talking

Yeah i know Like a child designed it. Thats cos Harimau race, and save the world at the same time. Were nice guys

The Pure model wasnt the best, but personally i think the HD model is slick, and the 3rd ship skin is awesome. For ages I thought the 2nd yellow skin was the best... but nah

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    For ages I thought the 2nd yellow skin was the best... but nah
    Now them's fight'n words. The "Aqua Lung" is definitely the best.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

(Waiting for Supersocks to deliver a toy advert featuring Harimau)

I'm willing to try out the Harimau. And all the other ships I missed in Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

harimau is a blast to fly. was my weapon of choice for Pure, and had the chance to try it in Pulse when asayyeah generously got me the euro pack to put on my psp at the US convention

PS- My loyalty stays with Feisar always and forever...Who needs earth preservation any ways

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Ill be honest there are days when i test other crafts to see if i fancy a change.

Its just amazing how much speed a Harimau can lose if your lines arent perfect, and your flyings not super slick.

Sideshifting through corners where possible is even more of a bonus than normal when using Harimau. Their low thrust can sometimes take sooooooooo long to pull your ship up to top speed after airbraking hard.

I find in many non wepon races if i take a corner wide, old wellington is his feisar is flying through, though on fast high speed corner tracks like vineta k reverse where you can repeatidly sideshift over airbraking, even a high flying Icarus hitting perfect lap after lap will find it hard to pass if you get it right.

In my humble opinion, the Harimau now is like a slightly lesser version of the Van-Uber ship I loved in fusion. Despite it clearly not being the best in the series, that ship had be glued to it. Awesome hadling, almost top speed, and bugger all shields..... who needed shields when you cant get caught

I know your shields already rubbish but go on boys! drop it another little bit to make room for just a little bit more thrust!
    Last edited by OBH; 18th December 2008 at 10:29 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

umm maybe for xmas i can get a psp so finally i will can use harimau and others ships expecially van uber in pure, then i will get pulse also

actually 3 days ago i've purchased a pure copy in a shoping center before a nice evening outside with my friends for 7,90 eu, the DLC packs i've download already on my pc, so half step is done...now i need a psp

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    harimau is a blast to fly. was my weapon of choice for Pure, and had the chance to try it in Pulse when asayyeah generously got me the euro pack to put on my psp at the US convention
    You have US Pulse and the Packs... <cry, sniffle, cry>

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    knaeg

I think the difference between Assegai and Harimau's stats is compensated by Harimau's much smaller bulk, which I think represents quite an advantage in itself.

Of course, a smaller bulk means less weight, supposedly putting you in a significantly less favorable situation in case collision with another craft occurs...

This may change the outcome of a race every now and then, but I really don't think it changes anything in the long run. Whatever the craft you like to pilot is, I believe it is in your best interest to avoid collisions as much as possible, and this is when a smaller ship with very good handling has the advantage.

Fly Harimau, save the world.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

harimau smaller bulk than assegai??? are you drunk?

practically assegai is a leaf! the twin hulls are two long leaves until the cockpit and they aren't even attached from the front but from the sides and if you take a look in between you can see the empty space...it give me a feel of frailty umm brrr, have you try to rotate the ships in the teams menu and take a look friend, a deep look...have you noticed that assegai practically have two long hulls thick like a paper and under there is nothing, till the cockpit/engine then there are the two airbrakes which are thin as well and attached to the base

the only conpact part is all the stuff just around the cockpit...how you can state that harimau is less bulkier, harimau is full like a sandwich in comparison, harimau have a sort of underbelly just below the chassis...maybe assegai is wider ,yes it is, but not bulkier c'mon!
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 19th December 2008 at 12:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    knaeg

Hi darkfaerytales, first of all let me tell you how much I appreciated the way you expressed your disagreement. However, please note that I hardly ever get drunk before 5pm on Fridays.

Considering that english is not my mother tongue, I may have failed to formulate my opinion appropriately:

Even though I still think that Harimau looks lighter than Assegai, I was rather trying to emphasize on the fact that Harimau is just shorter and narrower than Assegai.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok friend in this case

can i offer to you a beer or better a red bull for the 6 pm then?

p.s. don't worry english isn't my mother tongue too

PSN ID
    Axellink

I have to agree with Darkfairy. Assagai is light as hell and not al bulky as Harimau. It's annoying really cause Assagai and Harimau should be a tad bit faster, well definately faster than Ag systems.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    knaeg

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    can i offer to you a beer or better a red bull for the 6 pm then?
    Anytime, friend

PSN ID
    Lightlord

Harimau's handling feels more precise than Assegai's allowing for it to take the lines sharper than its rival

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

the haribo ship tastes sweet, looks sweeter and drives the sweetest.
    it's not all in the stats...

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

The old harrie is the most direct responsive ship on the menu! If you do not have the nerve to test your skills with it (yeah that's right it is unforgiving) Do not request its dismissal! Only believe that true understanding will dock with your brain at some point!
    We are the motion in cockpit view league and we are coming for all your times! Yes that is right, a revolution is occurring. I have been playing on line for 5 days and have just posted my first sub 500 time, subtotal already has many top 50 times. Try motion. Go on, just try it, yes thats right it feels good yes? seductive? You did badly but you know you can do better! Mwahahahahaha!

Actually, Harimau is my favourite ship!
    Last edited by Psychotic_Fluids; 4th March 2009 at 12:41 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Atta' boy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post
    the haribo ship tastes sweet, looks sweeter and drives the sweetest.

hahahaahah i think i was the only one who feel the urge to try to bite it lookin at it displayed in the selection menu