Thread: Is Harimau the weakest craft in the game??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Default Is Harimau the weakest craft in the game??

I ask after a few hectic avalon races, where i was repeatedly getting knocked off the track. Every time i brushed paint with another craft I swear I was on the losing side (except elhabibs assagi, that was a real battle!) Originally I thought if you had the racing line you can essentially "shove" another craft aside, but wellingtons feisar just wasnt budging

Not to be biast though, I got involved in a few online races using the other craft, and noticed i was happily barging my way through, especially with triakis and ag. I know it wasnt the same quality of competition, so difficult to really judge unless I was against you guys.

Just wondered on your thoughts. No doubt everyone feels hard done by when they get crashed into regardless of ship, but hey

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

no, why? the weakest...maybe the most underdog or the most underrated

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Figlarz

Hey, my Feisar got slammed by Wellington's Feisar too !!! This isn't fair, because I am always loosing with him And it happens always when try to slam anyone. Maybe I can't just slam? I prefer more "technical" driving so it is a huge problem for me :/

PSN ID
    pildog

Whatever craft I use I seem to get knocked all over the place, not just the Harimau and the Assegai.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I never understood the reason for that craft to exist. Why bother with it's weak stats? If people like the looks than just make is a skin or something. This craft feel so light and there is nothing in it that makes me, personally, pilot it.

Every other craft feels much better to me, not to mention, there is atleast one area where each craft is strong in, but with Harimau...

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Besides, that thing looks like moulded play-doh where the colours have fused and it's stuck like that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

not to offense anyone. sincerely i don't undertand some people, i never understand and never still, what the hell you want, end up in racing with less teams possible? i don't understand certain people around who scream " rid off harimau " " what the sense " " why there's a ship like harimau " " what its existence mean " and or whatever non-sense rant , you don't like it simply don't get it , don't use it, do not race with it...
    many people like it, i like to race with harimau for ex., why people around complains that harimau is in hd really never understand.
    why? i can tell you why, because too much people around wants to win and the thing end there, don't matter anything else, only win, some people really don't give a **** about fun
    WTF if it should be for some people future wipeouts will have 4-6 teams , cause others do not own the super magick win factor

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Harimau is good. Although it doesn't stand out in any area apart from looks, I still like it. More than Assegai (No offense) because of the awesome yellow and black skin (Assegai's are all the same sadly :/)

But to be honest I like all the teams. They're just all so well balanced. Now if only VanUber and Tigron could pop in without being 'teh ship' that would make the family complete.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
    I never understood the reason for that craft to exist. Why bother with it's weak stats?
    Take a look a the phantom leader board.
    This weaker stat ship is leading the way a good few times.

@elhabib
    Wow, your opinion on Harimau is the total opposite to mine

First its handling - you reckon its more pinpoint than AG? I feel the total opposite. With AG its so accurate, you can stab at it to constantly correct yourself. With Harimau I have to try and fly super smoothly, never trying to have to correct myself, and try to use sideshifts instead of airbrakes where i can, cos the top end speed is where i need to be. A totally different drive to AG. I find it flies more like an understearing assegai, though I like that, i keep oversteering face first into walls with assegai

And for Harimau being good for SL. Surely not? Its fast but not that fast. I swear Ive pushed my harimau on anulpha pass reverse to the absolute limit and still cant beat those icarus times.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

On straight tracks, both Assegai and Harimau are at a clear disadvantage compared to Icaras. But for really technical tracks, I think Harimau is very good for TT.
    'Like an understeering Assegai' - that's a very good description, actually!

I always found Harimau more pinpoint than AG-Sys, but you have definitely more playtime with Harimau, so your description is more accurate for sure.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

My point was not to rain down hate on Harimau, but was about trying to understand why it's there in the first place.

From my own experience with HD, I have piloted all crafts, some alot more than other, but what I came to realize is that the only thing that matters, the bottom line is - Acceleration (Thrust). Speed has no sure effect (As a Faiser pilot can out run an Icaras pilot on 90% of the tracks, with exception AP). Shield, well, As above, it never seems to be the attribute that can make or break a race.

That leaves only Handling, and, well, that is also not a race maker/breaker. I came to realize that each craft handles differently not because of it's stats, but because of the way it feels (Lighter - Heavier). This is no GT or LFS, where every aspect of a car is important in it's own way.

Also, like Sideshow mentioned, those stat distributions can be correct (or atleast the way it works). I have seen both Harimau and Icaras on the phantom leader boards. Meaning handling is not a factor in the long run. And neither speed for that matter.

You play it as you feel it, and Harimau may feel good to some, but overall, it feels extremely light, and with no power (with Assagai is feels right for the look of the craft - no weight on front). Icaras for comparison feels like it has a very good center of gravity, and so are the rest of the high speed crafts.

So what makes Harimau a craft to use? It has crap stats, that in the end doesn't mean a thing as we can see on the leader boards or in races. It is only a skin to use, just like Piranha and Triakis. But why give it no real edge? It's like it doesn't have anything to stand out form the rest. Every other craft has, so why not this one?
    Last edited by H3avyM3tal; 2nd December 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    MetaKraken (formerly MechaKraken)

In my opinion, the Icaras is the weakest ship and that Plasma (a weapon) can easily destroy the Icaras in two hits. Harimau is slightly stronger and that it has very good handling and can survive any weapons that is inflicted against Harimau, except for Plasma.