Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOME will become the new venue for online GG

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default HOME will become the new venue for online GG

I've been beta trialing Sony's "HOME" and it is just like "Second Life".
    Brilliant for GG's.
    I could see Avalon having a "Club House" real soon...there is a max amount of people that can be members of one "Club House" atm.
    Same amount the amount of bits as the Nintedo --,hope that gets sorted.
    Can't give much away.
    But if it works as it is designed to do ,well SONY is on a very BIG WINNER.

Sure makes the new XBOX's new updated look truly Toyish and more suited for 5 to 10 year old's.
    HOME is FAR slicker than that.

One problem is the resolution is defaulted to 720p so some switching will occur if you are using higher video resolutions,just thought I'd mention it.
    Also have 6gb free space on your HD at least otherwise forget it.

It will become an open Beta trial within the next few days.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 29th November 2008 at 08:54 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

oh yeah can't wait to try that -damn more virtuality lol- . Klax75 mentioned here http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...89&postcount=1 he founded some kind of zoner outpost, but as he said it would be great to have an "official" wipeoutzone club house in the near future (when everyone could be involved).

I'll probably take a long rest after that week-end, but yeah, why not an avalon club house too one day lol

PSN ID
    Axellink

Meh give me a friends list and the option to invite peeps to a game and then I'm happy. All these added extras just don't do it for me.

The club house seems cool, but isn't that the same as these forums? Well I will try it, but I'm not holding my breath TBH.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I like the fact that unlike the forums, you see the person you invite as there Avatar, you can talk, then it will launch the game from within Home itself. So you can all hang out in your club house (a Instance) and then talk WipeOut and invite people and go directly to the games from there. Once you are done it takes you back to Home.

So far I've set up WarHawk games using Home and launched it. Wasn't even the PSN version, was the disc one.

As far as I know you can be in more then one club, so WipeOutZone could be one, Avalon could be another.

On my WipeOut Fans club, I've got about 20-22 people joining. I've had people invite requests every day when I log on.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Ill be waiting for the fee for the club house before I get excited about it. If it is too much or monthly well... :/ But I've already said that on the other thread.
    One thing's for sure though, I will gladly meet up with you guys for some WipEout games once it is available.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well somebody has already taken the AVALON name,I joined that as I thought that was the one Klax75 had started ]I'll find out more about this group and report back] and I joined another group just called Wipeout that has a club house.
    I'll have to ask Klax75 if he managed to launch WOHD from within HOME,some games will launch others not.
    You don't need a club house,you can have a party and launch a game anywhere.
    Already abusive morons there,I don't think they realize that everything they say and do is being monitored,and I can see it getting very crowded when the public beta goes out.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    It will become an open Beta trial within the next few days.
    Oh really? Thats Fantastic!...but 6GB..that whould take 2 weeks of straight downloading from my place

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

I've been using the beta for about a week or so. It's cool but it must be a young guy thing. Actually because of a glitch with my account I can't log into it since it says I'm too young but my 10 year old kid can and he loves it. To me it seems like more work than anything.

I remember a few years ago I got The Sims free through some promotion and I loaded it on my Mac and that was about it. A couple of weeks later my whole family was totally addicted to it. Finally they got me to get on it and set up a person. Way too much trouble. I told them that there's no reason to play the Sims since I live the Sims everyday. My life is a big Sims. I have to worry about all the crap that the game has but it's for real.

Anyway I digress... I suppose it would be great for a meeting place but I don't really see the advantage. It's just as easy to go to the game and see a game/tournament and join.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I know what you mean,but I'm not a young pup myself anymore and I still found the whole thing intriguing.
    But it's early days with HOME,who knows where or which direction the whole thing heads.
    Anybody that has just got the beta code is basically only testing the internet loading, I'm under the impression that the long term beta testers have already got most of the known bugs/glitches listed.

Klax75 I searched for your group and whichever way I spell it it doesn't come up,I'll try again later.

I'm just wondering if they will wipe the slate clean with all the beta test input and re launch it afresh, or if they will leave what people have made and just add another more definitive patch for final release.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

My club is called WipeOut Fans with the tag Wip3Out. Not sure which you have to search for. Since WipeOutZone isn't my website I didn't feel comfortable using that name. I do have a posting on the on the message boards in the club telling people to visit WipeOutZone.com

So far I have gotten WarHawk to work with Home with out any trouble. As it goes right now I can't see WOHD yet, but I am assuming since it is beta it will be added. I will try the original Resistance with Home

Hopefully soon you will be able to customize your club more. So I can put Cold Storage playing in the club, and have the Behind the Scene WipeOut Video going on the video screen would be cool. And have all the team artwork on the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNova View Post
    Oh really? Thats Fantastic!...but 6GB..that whould take 2 weeks of straight downloading from my place
    If the release works like the beta. I only had to download a small program then I had to allocate 3 gigs to Home. But it only downloads things I go to. The Central Plaza it will ask me if I want to download. Same with the Movie Theater, Bowling Alley, Mall. So you can choose not to download them, and the downloads can also be done in the background.
    Last edited by klax75; 30th November 2008 at 05:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Oh thank GOD...now to play the waiting game...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well it's a bit more than 3 gig for the initial download [3077mb] I wrote down how big the files were as they dowloaded.
    It partitions your PS3 hard drive by the way, so it remains uncorrupted by other media.
    The plaza,shopping mall,HT and bowling ally are all 42.6mb each.
    Joining and visiting a Club House is roughly the same.

I tried WipeOut Fans and got zilch,tried Wip3Out and got the same result,I've only tried twice.....is it a O as in the letter OH or 0 as in number zero?
    That might be where I've got it wrong.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Just sent you a invite BlackWiggle.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Great cheers.
    How do we post messages on the club board by the way,I've only seen messages posted by the starter of a club and haven't found a way of pinning a reply on the board?

By the way,if you play the arcade machines and get to a certain level it unlocks extra clothes you can wear in HOME.
    Here is a link to what level and what reward you get.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...hread.id=38313
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 30th November 2008 at 08:34 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I'll promote you to sub-leader once you join, then you might/should be able to use the post board.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

When you downloaded HOME,which SCEE board did it direct you to to post comments?
    I know it is being assembled in Ireland and I've been directed to the UK site,just wondering if it's different for US based people.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Not sure, when I downloaded it I don't remember it giving me a specific address for the forum. Which at the time I thought was weird since it made reference to forum feedback but never gave me a address to go to.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you close HOME and restart it you will get the internet address to report to at the opening page.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Hmm I don't all I get is a message of the day screen about the Thanksgiving Pool party, that was on Thursday. No address on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Strange.
    Here's the site to report to anyway if you so choose to.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...=b_EN_PS3_Home