Thread: note to absurd autopilot behavior: something that has happen to me today

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default note to absurd autopilot behavior: something that has happen to me today

today has happen something very strange to me when i'm playing, i was doing a race on chengou with ag-sys ,phantom class , then i've picked up an autopilot when i'm in the piranha stadium section ( the round cection with animated piranha billdoards on the high side) then i've actived it just before enter the tunnel, i've enable it in a pretty ankward position when i'm still spring over one of the bumps presents in this section, when i still was diping down i've enable it...once enabled, it have shot fast my ship,let it going to slam hard the tip of the ship agaisnt the arch of the tunnel,coming down after the hit my ship has tip over on the left side and then has continue to go, rubing up on its side on the surface of the track for 2-3 seconds until the respawn has come

i've noticed before that the autopilot can make errors, small errors if enable in pretty hard situations, it have just happens already before 2 or 3 times that the auto going to slam ,or just slightly rub agaisnt some corners...but sincerelly such thing i've never see before, i was come out of this pretty shocked and amazed, very very amused too sincerely!

i find cool to realize that the autopilot isn't anymore an annoying and impossible to replicate perfect cheat machine like in the old games...

some of you have experience some analog case as mine?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Yep, I've been screwed over on many occasions by an inappropriately timed AP. In addition to the one you mention above, the AP also has a nasty habit of flinging me off the track, especially on Ubermall reverse through the second chicane.

PSN ID
    Senture

I've had a similar one myself, same course too. After the harepin (wrong spelling?) left at the start, you get the 2 jumps and the sweeping left turn with the banked inside line. I activated the AP about a ship's length before the booster pad as I sucked at the corner at this time. The AP decided the most efficient route for me to go was to the right, over the wall and up the banked outside. Then proceded to crash into the tunnel and decided to try and drive me up the wall (it did, just outside the game), leaving me to get out of the mess once it had ended its blooper.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

8 D Yes, I'm pretty sure that's not what you mean.
    Harepin vs Hairpin
    A surprisingly common mistake to make though!

PSN ID
    Senture

Thought so . For an English man, my english sucks lol

PSN ID
    alteregorr

Hi All.

oooooh! the autopilot of HD it's far better then Pure one, but it fails sometimes in hard a strange situations....I'm testing its fail in Ubermall forward two or three times....eh eh eh!

charge an ap before the hill i make br and activate it (phantom class)....it work well in the chicane but it push my ship out of track on the left after the right bend....aaargh!!!

I note this.....
    It seems, in the start of activation of an ap, the first step it makes is the join of a center line in the track.....if you are out of this line the first effect is right and left violent shifting.....

Read you soon
    cdrom

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    ...but sincerelly such thing i've never see before, i was come out of this pretty shocked and amazed, very very amused too sincerely!

heh get yourself a copy of Wipeout Fusion..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

hehe if the autopilot is so funny then i go right now!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Dont use Auto-Pilot at that part of Cheungou Project cause reguardless of what ship your using in Phantom speed the bitch will hoop like crazy and hit the side of tunnel. Use it on the last corner before the main straight and or use it on that tight left before the jaggard jumps. Just dont trust AP, sometimes they are better use absorbed. Also they are a bitch in that narrow bit in Ubermall just before the tighting, you'll find yourself over the edge or bumping into something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

indeed,right, i still to tell this, in the narrow climb where you can barrel rolling ,once, i've anable it and pass the chicane after the climb my ship has been shooted fast on the left then bounced on the assegai o quirex billboard!

but it is too funny, sincerelly i don't give a **** to win , i play for fun not for win