Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parts that still cause you trouble?

Timezone
    GMT + 8

Oh that's where I'm BRing already trent, when I was talking about going over those speed pads I meant the first ones just after the starting line and round the corner. I probably should've made it a bit clearer, sorry. I mean basically the line I use is more or less the ones in the youtube vids... In theory I think mine could be a little better than some of those vids actually, not necessarily the triple chain BR vid but I have a better line & use sideshift more than the guys in some of those vids. I just constantly mess up the BR on to the bridge, and sometimes when I nail that one I get so nervous that I end up messing up the one OFF the bridge (which is actually pretty easy).

EDIT: NEVERMIND I JUST GOT IT WOOOOOHHOOOOO!!! SORRY FOR CAPS BUT... WOOOHHOOO!!!

Thank god that's over with. Studio Liverpool, I love you guys and Wipeout HD is my favourite game since, well, wipeout 3, but please don't ever do that to me again, eek! WOOHOOO!
    Last edited by trk_rkd; 24th November 2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Moronic need to express gaming success.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

trk__rkd, i think i have an idea. you can go to elhabib wipeout ghost site and download a ghost that hardly beats zico. something like 30.80 or 30.75. not lower than this. try to race the ghost to see where are you losing those 0.21 secs. when i beated zico, i didn't used a single sideshift. to be honest, i used a few airbreaks. i can only tell that i made a P.L. sorry if i cant be a very good help mate :S
    good luck

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

trying to race like the autopilot still cause trouble to me

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I randomly keep going off the track on the tight left hander on Moa Therma Reverse, if I turn in early.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Ive raced more than 300 laps but still no result I make all neccessary BRs and still loosing the time somewhere . h8 u Zico

PS
    ElHabib's site does not exist atm
    Last edited by NightArh; 19th March 2010 at 12:52 PM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

0 Barrel Rolls (Phaeton)

3 Different Methods (Leungbok)

Zico with vocal tutorial (Hellfire)

Zico 3 Easy BRs (yeldar)

There's loads more out there but these are the ones I know off the top of my head

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I watched all those videos... Still no result

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Come on dude, I'm one of the worst wipers here (always lost online, even get lapped sometimes when 7 or more laps) and I got Zico at the beginning! It took me 250 laps to get it.
    For me, it's by far easier than Zeus one, even if I got Zeus on Syncopia.

NightArh, you are using sideshift through the corners right?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

I tried to pass corners in different ways with sideshift or without it... And still have time 30,97. I have no patience left for today...

I mess my laps on the bridge all the time

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

All of:

Sebenco
    Modesto
    Tech de Ra

they hand me my butt on a silver platter every time -_-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Based on the topic, I still suck at :
    - the cursed turn in Chengou Project;
    - the last turn of Ubermall;
    - Talon Junction (I hate this track);
    - Modesto (I hate it too, but a lot more!);

... and more or less every reverse track (thanks for the bloody HD campaign not including any reverse track...)

@Night: Some stuff on Sideshift (this may have been covered elsewhere in a more comprehensive, comprehensible manner but I can't find it so I'll do my best here):

Sideshift takes you in a straight line either to the left or to the right. You are also going forward when you sideshift so effectively you go in a diagonally straight line which is shorter than the curve you would take without sideshifting.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tion_small.png - This illustration shows what I mean sort of, it's the same principle.

In general you want to take lines as tight as possible through the corners, starting wide/finishing wide like in real racing (gran turismo etc...) DOES NOT HELP. It is only useful if there is a sharp corner where you need to use a bit more of the track in order to get around (or there is a speed pad on entry/exit etc...)

So if you look at the picture I linked: Imagine the space between the Straight line and the curve is the amount of time/distance you save when you sideshift - you want to make this a big as possible.
    As a general rule of thumb, sideshifting tends to work best at/during the apex of a corner so that you don't drift wide on the exit. It also helps you retain your forwards momentum because you don't have to airbrake as much.

In my 'how to beat zico' video the sideshifts are at: 0.38 , 0.40 , 0.50 , 0.52 , 0.56 , 1.01

There are way more you can do but this is enough to beat zico quite easily (hence the vid).

If you want a good way to practice, the best way is in Time Trial or Speed Lap racing against your ghosts. You will easily be able to see when sideshift is advantageous if your previous ghost does not use it.

I hope this makes sense....

Here's a really crap diagram I made a few mins ago
    Yellow = Sideshift
    Red = No Sideshift
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 19th March 2010 at 03:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Thank you Yeldar! That helped much! (5 minutes dancing )
    Zico's mug

But I had another problem I noticed... My thumb handles D-Pad not correctly so I couldnt make proper pitch and make BR in the same time. So I've enabled Dualshock's sensors and after some training got that extra BR I needed

It took the whole day to get this trophy
    Last edited by NightArh; 19th March 2010 at 05:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Congrats Dude

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Tech De Ra always gives me problems, I have a hard time getting the shortcuts and barrel rolls right. On Speed Laps skipping the first corner after using the Turbo is quite difficult when you take it at such speed, but I can't do it even when I go slow. Going up/down the steep hill is a bit weird for barrel rolls, I know you can do two rolls, but I never get enough height for the first one. :/

first hairpin on chegu project...or the last if played in reverse...

Timezone
    GMT -5

What's funny is that I nail the hairpin turn in Chenghou reverse flawlessly almost all 100% of the time now, but forwards I more often than not scrape the wall unless I'm using a vehicle with great handling. This is on phantom by the way. That's my only major block at the moment, everything else I can execute nearly perfectly.

A few BRs I manage to screw up pretty bad sometimes:
    - First BR opportunity in Ubermall forwards I sometimes miss getting back on the track completely
    - BR at the end of Moa forwards, sometimes I overshoot and just fly off the track

All I can think of at the moment, I might come back and edit this later if I think of more issues I have.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

That fecking hairpin on The Amphiseum. Everytime I try to take it during race I twat the apex.

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

The sharp right-hander on Modesto Reverse. I can never seem to be able to take that turn without hitting the wall but can do it fine on Modesto Forward