Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HD Patch 1.20?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

The game didn't slow down anymore like before, on Chenghou Project, so I can't pinpoint the exact reason ... maybe the PS3 was doing stuff in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
    Ha, ha, bingo! Chengou and Sol2.

Funny, I don't race with AG-Systems very often, but that is the ship I used to get the 8-race trophy. I normally use Feisar for phantom racing, I will check out the tips for Chengou and Sol2 though.
    If I may, Chenghou Project: Feisar ship, go to #1 spot as fast as you can, to avoid all the middle fight, use barrel rolls and turbos (absorb the other items), should be #1 in the lap 2, if you are 3 seconds behind on lap 3, you can already restart. Once there, that's the hardest part: surviving, the AI is going to throw missiles, quakes and more, keep barrel rolling, and prey to receive a shield!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default patch 1.20 yes or no?

i've read around many people had suffer lag problems ,stutter game and lost of fluidity and other minor bugs after download 1.2 patch, all really annoying issues, i've already have sudden problems of frame rates , in the last days my game had begin to lose frames in certain circumstances or certain tracks and really i do not know why, maybe after the last 1.1 download and i've discover these bugs only now,'cause i'm sure 100% that my game just after being downloaded and the month after have never sufferred any frame rate lost

so what i should do? try to download 1.2 patch and risk?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I"ve found it seems to be related to the amount of friends activity alerts that are popping up on your screen,also just around the same time a split time appears.
    Something or things are causing small interrupts to the game now where it didn't happen before,well not as noticeably.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Just download it mate. It only slows down when your friends are signing in which you can always turn off. Besides you will be missing out from all the multi player fun dude.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes, disable the message and logon notifications. It solves the micro stutters you may experience. Although it sucks because you will never know when people will send you a message when you play

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

so...you say that if i disable the notifications the stutters will dissapear?
    what it have to do...i have stutters on metropia always in the same point of the track, on moa therma in the " flatlander trophy " point of the track and occasionally when there's big mess on screen, i have a full hd samsung series 5 new purchased six months ago...is it normal? you tell me that the problem is the notification on screen, i have race always off-line , till yesterday i've my adsl disabled...
    so...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's not racing online that makes any difference.
    It's the fact that when people on your friends list log in or out or send you a message,anything that sends an alert that pops up on the top right of your screen.
    That's what is what we have found that is causing the glitches.

If you say you are getting problems at exactly the same place on those tracks,well I would suspect that an area on your hard drive that holds that game information is mis reading that sector.
    The cause of that could be when you originally downloaded WOHD it was over a sector of your HD that had previously had something else on it [game demos for example]that had repeatably been written to/erased on a few occasions,leaving a bad disc sector that is only now starting to make it's presence known.

That's something Sony will hopefully fix in a patch sometime; I don't give a crap when my friends become online/offline, but I do want to see when I get a message. Lumping both together in the one disable option is retarded.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

blackwidge, when i've dowloaded wohd on 25 semptember 6 p.m. i've practically nothing on my ps3 harddisk then i've never deleted nothing a apart maybe some photos and a couple of downloaded mp3...so sincerelly i don't understand, i still breaking my head trying to know what it could be, i'm sure this stutters do not exist the first times i've start to play wohd
    what i could do now?

Default Mod message.

This is the third time I've had to merge a new thread on the subject of the 1.20 patch with an already existing earlier thread. Please do not start another one. [glares at the ir/responsible persons who know whom they are]

-------

And please stay on topic, gentlemen; this is not a piloting tips thread.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok, sorry lance
    by the way, anyone can help me? what could be to cause this stutters

p.s. sorry if maybe do not have understand well this already, but what do the new patch? adds difficulty levels on SL zone and TT on racebox?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Lumping both together in the one disable option is retarded.
    Yes I agree that online/offline notifications and message notifications should be enabled seperately. Hopefully in future firmware.

I had my first taste of post 1.20 issues. I get a mini freeze sometimes on Metropia, just before the start/finish. It`s relatively rare, but I think it`s always in the same place and not related to friends notifications.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok lunar listen to me, this freeze occurs in the stripped section hairpin just before start grid?

everytime i pass on that section of metropia forward or revese, even in zone mode , my game stutter, but when i use an autopilot it do not occurs...

p.s. i'm still playing with 1.1 version of the game

I would say it`s there, yes. Probably just as you are coming out of the bend on forward. It doesn`t happen every lap to me, and I haven`t seen it on reverse, but sounds like the same place. I never had it before 1.2, but you aren`t on 1.2, so who knows?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i'm pretty sure i haven't any of these stutters problems before 1.1 patch, my game did run smooth as hell i remenber well, yes now stutters occurs when you bend your ship to extreme like on the " flatlander trophy " part on moa therma
    i'm back now from a little woHD session and i've noticed some micro-tear on screen...what it could be really don't know

some of you do know if this could have to do with ps3 hardware problems?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Why don't you download the new patch?
    If your game is already having problems without it [1.1 patch], you have nothing to lose by trying it.[1.2 patch]
    If it actually makes it even worse [I doubt this will be the case because I'm under the impression something else is happening here]you could get a USB stick and put all your saved game data and ghosts on that.
    Then delete the game and saved data from your PS3,then download and reinstall the game from the PStore,update to the latest patch again,then reinstall your game save data back to your PS3.
    If the problem is still happening after going through the deletion and re installation of the game,well I'd say it's a problem with a sector of you hard drive.
    You could download another game of the same size prior to re installing WO HD that would take up that sector of the disc,then WOHD would be installed on a previously unused sector when you download it afterwards.
    If you still have problems after that,then you might need to change you hard drive.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i have fear the new patch bring on new issues...

are you sure the method you described work ,friend?
    the strange thing is that my ps3 has roughly 6 months and wipeout hd was actually the first game i've download...these stutters and tears aren't there a month ago...if it isn't the patch , what could be?
    you know if maybe the more stuff you have on your hard disk stored, could cause these kind of problems? i have a 40 giga , now i have 24 giga free space, this is strange too ,anyway...cause 24 giga free aren't few
    could be the hdmi cable or the tv monitor?

i have a samsung 32" LE32A558p3 full HD lcd , do you know this TV model?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

HDMI problem most likely,but you say you did not have this problem before the 1.1 patch,plus the fact that it happens at the same spot on the same tracks every time makes me doubt it,but HDMI is the cause of so many problems it would not surprise me if a new one appeared.

Have you tried no HDMI?
    Try component instead at 720p and see if the problem is still happening,then you will of narrowed down what the problem might be.

If you have a lot of music in different formats [MP3,AAC etc]that might cause a problem.

Have you got a personal playlist that you use for WO?
    If you have, try going back to the default soundtrack and see if the problem still happens.

The only way to nail what the problem is,is by going through the whole thing methodically, eliminating possibilities along the way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

now, that you have point it ,yes god, i've a lot of music in different format,damn! i have create a lot of playlist a lot, i have all mp3 and one or two wma that as you know i do not can play with wipeout...

sincerelly i have suspect this from times, that could be the music since now that you do me to think it all start when i've begin to load a lot of music

another fact is, i have a very long hdmi cable, i've listen around that hdmi cables should be the shorter possible? is it true? but my hdmi cable have gold connectors does it count?

when i play the game with default playlist the problem remains, another strange thing to point is that in the selection screen when you can rotate and observe the ships sometimes appears little whites between the seams , for exemple ag-sys left side beetwen the seams of its nose pannels, or on the feisar when you look at it from the front inside the nose air vent
    sometimes if you pay attention can spot those white tiny points in the conjunction seams on the tracks
    is the game that a part the known astonishing graphics have this little flaws or could be another problem of mine?

ah i've try to run hdmi at 720p the problems dissapears , and another strange thing when i race with the internal view at 1080p there aren't problems too, all run smooth ( i'm not sure about the distant view i run always with external close )

that's all my experience friend
    and thank you very much for all the attention and suggestion you still give to me mate

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well if you tried HDMI at 720p and it was OK that means you are getting signal loss,white snowing effect is also caused by signal loss.
    It doesn't matter if the HDMI cable is gold plated at the ends,what matters is both the length and the quality [thickness of cable usually gives this away]

I've got a 5m HDMI cable of good quality that is well shielded [thick]
    Anything over 5m really needs a HDMI signal booster.