Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HD Patch 1.20?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I fired it up this morning and got the messege to download the 1.20 patch. So I did, and everything seems to work right now. No stuttering whatsoever, or any problems that I could see.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    meebs

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    I was doing a speedlap session on Anulpha Pass and the game had a lot of stuttering. The game wasn't running smooth anymore!
    I noticed the same thing on Anulpha Pass. It slowed down right before the ramp to go to the upper level.

Also noticed slowdown on Ubermall right after the big crest, I BR'ed and when i boosted it chugged a bit. I was on Rapier in both instances.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You can delete the game from your hard disk and re-download it, play offline only so you'll have version 1.00 (But then you have the friend's list bug , so DO NOT go online! And back up your save before deleting WOHD)
    Well looks like I'll be sitting this one out. :s

PSN ID
    love9sick

Good to see another useful patch.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I can't be the only one to have everything working correctly with this patch, can I?

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

No issues with 1.20 here.. other than the odd game hanging at the start.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
    i find this thread AS the patch is downloading...
    hope it doesnt screw me

the patch has worked fine for me so far. Could the slow down that`s been seen be related to display resolution? I`m on SD and the frame rate is fine. I don`t know if this idea makes technical sense however.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

seeing a lot of frame-rate hiccups on chenghou project, it must be a bug because it's 100% smooth and at like 4 spots in the track, the game suddenly stops for a split-second... never happened before

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

I don't think its happening with me, thought I will check it in a couple of days. But honestly, I'm flying at 1080p and everything seems to be a.ok.

PSN ID
    pildog

I haven't had any slow-downs, but I have had some games freeze on me as I was selecting my ship.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Could be the HDMI cable. Maybe they have changed something in the game that some HDMI cables are not able to deal with. I notice that when I play the game on my SD, everything is fine. but now on my 1080p TV, it does hiccup now and then when it didn't before.

Yes, I have a cheap HDMI cable

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Connavar View Post
    seeing a lot of frame-rate hiccups on chenghou project, it must be a bug because it's 100% smooth and at like 4 spots in the track, the game suddenly stops for a split-second... never happened before
    I noticed that,but I also noticed that it tends to happen just before a split time appears.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

I have had no problems with the patch, but I think I noticed something else that the patch has changed.

I was playing a single race on anulpha pass at phantom, in first position, when suddenly I got hit by a bomb.
    To me this indicates that they may have got rid of the detonation timer.
    I like this because it may help with elite AI and online mode

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

What do you mean? I still see bombs detonate on itselves after a lap. I think the timer is still there I think.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Did SL incorporate AI leveling now? I've been playing campaign tournaments that seem to start out kind of easy, then gets crazy difficult as the AI seems to get extremely aggressive, and harder to catch up to on the later tracks. I experienced this on Dropzone tournies last night.
    Last edited by Hacker X; 24th November 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Well, to me the AI is still skilled on Elite (no pun intended). Still can win on the regular courses preety easy, but much harder (As before) with courses like Uber or CHenghou or Sebenco.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Quote Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal View Post
    Well, to me the AI is still skilled on Elite (no pun intended). Still can win on the regular courses preety easy, but much harder (As before) with courses like Uber or CHenghou or Sebenco.
    Yeah, sorry, I forgot to say that I have the level on Skilled and it seems to get harder on the later tracks when playing tourney. I'll go back to Elite later as the game already gets frustrating enough when you're getting hammered by the AI's constant weapon barrage just on skilled. Even as a veteran Wipeout fan, the weapons can make for an extreme annoyance at times. One thing they definately have to fix is balancing. If the AI can hit you with a missile, rocket, or shockwave and cripple your ship to a stop, then they should get the same treatment when you nail them, rather than them just kind of slowing a bit and shaking it off. lol.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker X View Post
    Did SL incorporate AI leveling now?
    i have not yet run the latest patch, and i played dropzone last night. it was the same way for me

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    dobyblue

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    They have made it easier in Speed Lap and Time Trial.
    You can now try for Novice Times,Skilled Times or Elite Times.

Yes the Elite AI are still a [cheating] pain to beat,and I bet apart from the 8 race elite tourney the other two cells you need gold on are Chenghou and Sol2 or Sebenco.
    Ha, ha, bingo! Chengou and Sol2.

Try using AG-Systems for the tournament and Feisar for Chenghou and Sol2 and don't barrel roll on Chenghou for the first 2 laps of Phantom against the elite AI,you use up too much shields for to little gain,absorb all except turbos and autopilots.
    Have a look in the tips and tricks thread,I posted the best way I could find to beat them in meltdown.
    Funny, I don't race with AG-Systems very often, but that is the ship I used to get the 8-race trophy. I normally use Feisar for phantom racing, I will check out the tips for Chengou and Sol2 though.