Timezone
    GMT + 1

Airbrakes 30%
    Thrust 10%

Love that setup

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Yeah, I also use L1 and R1 for brakes. Force of habit, I can't be bothered to adjust to that marshmellow feeling of L2 and R2.
    I bought the PS3 Real triggers for $5 from Amazon to fix the marshmallow feel of L2 and R2, but I still use L1 and R1 for airbrakes in Wipeout HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

thrust: 10%
    airbrakes: 90% L2/R2
    steer: 90% d-pad, no 6axis
    rumble: active

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

thrust 10%
    airbrakes 40%

played about with 90/100% brake sensitivity, very effective when using heavier ships, but in my trusty mirage i just didnt find it as useful. worth trying it out agian though, in theory its clearly better to use 100% sensitivity.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Are you sure you don't mean it the other way around OBH? I would set airbrakes more towards 10% for the heaviest ships and more towards 100% for better handling ships. That's if I could be bothered to change it all the time, which I can't.

I think 100% sensitivity actually makes sense as a setting. It's not really the wrong way around. A setting of 100% is, I believe, more sensitive in as far as you can press a little and get a small effect, or press hard and get a bigger effect. At 10% it's not sensitive, it's almost on or off. (Is that what you mean when you say 100% is better in theory OBH, because you get more control?)

So for a heavier (or faster) ship, if you always need the full braking effect to slow down in time, then you can probably set it to 10%. If it's a light ship, and you might only need the minimum steering effect sometimes, you could set it to 100% so that you are actually able to achieve that minimum with the greater sensitivity. Depending on the ship and the particular way you apply pressure, the sensitivity required will vary in between.

I might be wrong, but this finally makes proper, good sense to me, so I'm sticking with it.

I have been trying 30 and i think its better then 80 which i was on, i can drive phantomn noticeably better in tt or sl, think of it in fractions i have 1/3 on the sensitivity so dont need to press as hard to get max brake, the threshold is better, and in my opinion the nippy crafts can go round most corners with just sideshifts and dpad except for like tight corners

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Does anyone else find that they always use full braking power regardless of settings?
    Or maybe it's a subconscious thingy?

Freaky-ass.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I'm using R1-L1 for braking. That, combined with my general hamfisted approach to the controller usually ends up in brakes on, brakes off. Nothing in between...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've just realised that I haven't changed my Air Brake settings that I found ideal for the old AG but still using on the Fury AG.

Seems some testing is in order as I'm finding the Fury AG a tad unwieldy in comparison,especially when on the Fury tracks.

Maybe it would be a nice idea for a future game update if SL allowed for you to preset Air Brake settings to load with different craft .
    It might be a bit of a shock to see a far bigger variety of craft being use online,instead of the usual 4 or 5.

Ooh you use different settings for different ships? mental!

That'd be far too confusing for me, although I can see how it might be helpful to some peeps.

Mental

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yes I do,I starting trying different combos when doing SL & TT in the weekly challenges.
    It can make the different craft handle more like each other,but still retain their basic characteristics.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

@Saturn
    Sorry for late reply!

I like 100% sensitivity for heavier ships because you can make very, very short sideshifts. Im sure a talented pilot like yourself can instantly understand how useful that can be with ships based around top speed

I found 10% excellent for helping me navigate the track in a pirahna, but i just lost so much speed every time i tap the airbrake it just wasnt worth it.

Well that was my conclusion anyway If i wasnt such a lazy bum id teach myself to use 100%, old habits die hard though

i use.....

thrust 10%
    cockpit view
    d-pad/stick
    motion sensor turned off

air brakes 100% on R2 and L2..cant see why you would use R1 and L1 because wouldnt that mean your sensativity would be 0% regardless of what you set cos their not analogue buttons but I may be wrong

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

@OBH - Don't talk to me about side-shifts. I just don't get them. I do them sometimes, but I'm fairly sure I still suck at them. What you're saying is interesting though. It's not the standard view that I've heard from most but kind of makes sense.

@ jasmin - Changing airbrake sensitivity still makes a difference with L1/R1. The Dualshock 2 had analogue buttons all round as far as I remember. Maybe the DS3 doesn't though. The main difference with L1/R1 may have a greater effect with side-shifts like OBH was saying. As for the effect on normal steering, I am starting to wonder if you might be right. Gah, I'm going to have to play the game now to try it out.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    reach-big7, FEET_Fly-back7

stick/airbrakes: □△ 100% / acceleration: R1 10%

@SR

your right about sideshift..

i have trouble when i side shift using R2 and L2 but ive got so used to this set up now i just got to suffer it. maybe i will learn r1 l1 some day.

@big reach..wow thats weird set up you use..must work well co you got super fast times to back it up

ACE-FLO is offline Banned for using a sock account Zone Pilot
    PSN ID
    ACE-FLO // Killer_LoopZ

buddha finger training exercise - Jab fingers into wall, repeat for 5 minutes daily. makes fingers so strong, you wont care for AirBrake sensitivity/response - you'll push L2 R2 harder with buddha finger... Sowwy

edit: i do buddha finger training. my L2 R2 buttons are too damn stiff on the ds3 lol
    Last edited by ACE-FLO; 27th November 2009 at 11:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    reach-big7, FEET_Fly-back7

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin-jade View Post

@big reach..wow thats weird set up you use..must work well co you got super fast times to back it up
    I think that I can do more delicate operation than using airbrakes: R1L1
    Last edited by reach-big7; 27th November 2009 at 11:36 PM.

That is a really interesting setup actually...might give it a try

Shoot/absorb?