Thread: Track Advertising & Turn Markers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Default Track Advertising & Turn Markers.

I've always found it really odd in WipeOut that the track advertising is for the teams that compete.. Not for sponsors, or for companies that promote the sport, or the league itself. How come there isn't one reference to what league we are in on track. I'd much rather see propaganda adds then a bunch of team logos.

Like zipping past on a track instead of a team logo seeing something like

"MAGEC: Mag Strips"

"Harimau Cloning: Saving the Tigers"

Adds that Harimau is 100% Bio-Fuel

Having flash on the screens that this is the F350 league, broadcast on all Satelite networks.

Or from the old WipeOut days RedBull adds.

Or adds for part suppliers, fuel suppliers, anti-gravity systems. Just weird that all the adds are just for teams that are racing, and the track names aren't a bigger part of the add campaigns.

I don't remember ever seeing a race that the adds are just for the teams racing. Unless it is a special racing league that is all using the same kind of vehicle, but then you see the manufacturer, not the individual teams.

Just think it would add more to the feel and universe of WipeOut making you feel there is a lot more going on, even when you are racing around.

Or have some screens that flash race info, such as showing a team logo, then eliminated. Since all the screens for the adds you usually have several in a row.

Would also add a little realism for the tracks, to have some reasoning to the track surface. Just not for looks. Like on the tracks, we have sections that are long smooth areas, then some with strips, then some with squares carved in. Make the track surface part of the racing, so maybe you only see squares on the track when you are coming up to certain types of turns, and then they could be on the opposite side of the track to give you advance visual it's coming. Not saying we need distance markers for braking, since we really don't break like a car does.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

There are already things on the track that indicate when to brake and take the turn. In HD it is not as easy to see as in PurE and PULSE, because the track surface is very detailed, but in PurE and PULSE the clearer lines on the track surface are the indicators you are looking for

Like here in this (huge) screenshot of Pulse, the triangles on the track tell you when to tap the airbrake, although it is still up to you to do it or not for the upcoming turn. A better example would be for the V turns on Outpost 7, there the lines really are the reference for when to brake.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I drove around Moa Therma really slow about 5-8% power and I found yellow lines on the track, very faint ones, they always seemed to be in the opposite lane then the turbo. When running it at Phantom speed they are very hard to even notice.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I found that in HD you can use the shadows falling across the tracks/side walls as braking markers.

PSN ID
    Axellink

I agree that the adverts on the tracks don't make much sense TBH. After seeing all the corporate logos on the website, I was surprised to see just the teams in the adverts which is a bit, meh.

But I guess adverts is the least of my worries, but I hope they do sort it out for the next game.

Heh, only in a Wipeout forum will you find gamers complaining about the *lack* of advertisements in their game