Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no Eliminator mode?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sturm_Fury

Question Why no Eliminator mode?

Ok, I've done a couple searches already, but I haven't found this discussed yet...if it has, and I've missed it, I apologize.

Anyway, am I the only one who misses Eliminator mode, from Pulse? It's not my favourite mode, but I love playing it now and then. It's fun, it's violent, it's a quick way to build up loyalty points if you're needing any, and...well, I guess that's it, but it would also help with that AG Assassin trophy, if you're going for trophies, not to mention it would give the more heavily shielded craft like Triakis and Auricom a place to really shine...

Do any of you think this might, or should, be added as future DLC? Or is it pretty much not missed at all?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It was really fun in Wipeout Pulse, but in the end I think Studio Liverpool knew it would take longer to program Eliminator mode into the game, and it would definitely push the game over that coveted 1 GB of disk space (but that's less relevant).

But you're right, this would be really awesome as a DLC feature in the near future.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

I definately support the idea of adding elimination mode to Wipeout HD. It is tons of fun, requires different strategies aswell as being very challenging.
    Adding elimination mode together with a new trophy ("Mass Murderer" = 200 online kills) would be great!

PSN ID
    Axellink

I'm assuming this will make it to the game as a DLC. I have a feeling the next DLC could be a huge one which will be worth another £10 or so. I mean we haven't heard much from the boys in SL, so my assumption is that they are hard at work on something good as usual.

New tracks, buffed up online mode, eliminator mode, new crafts plus a couple of bug fixes = a very good DLC to me. I hope they don't go the "mini DLC" route which is annoying. As i would like to have everyone basically have all the features, instead of parts of them.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I definately support the idea of adding elimination mode to Wipeout HD. It is tons of fun, requires different strategies aswell as being very challenging.
    Adding elimination mode together with a new trophy ("Mass Murderer" = 200 online kills) would be great!
    Already done that, lol

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...kis+eliminator

Im ready for HD eliminator mode.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I assume then we don't want the Shurikens or EMP from Pulse, or do we? It doesn't matter to me, personally, but it would be nice to hear what everyone else thinks.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Shurikens are irritating fly discs of **** that bring your ship to a hault. EMP, are fantastic need them in HD for sure, bam, and you hit the ****s all around you in one weapon, fantastic.
    Last edited by Lance; 11th November 2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: QUOTATION ELIMINATED. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sturm_Fury

EMP? You mean the Repulsor?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Yes. Damn, it has been awhile since I played Pulse. -_-

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

Man i'd kill for Eliminator in HD, The Replusor is so much fun

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yes repulsors are hell fun. When you hear the sheila on Pulse saying "Repulsor", and your shield is below 25% your fate is pretty much sealed.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Going back, once more, to that early spec sheet it looked like they had eliminator planned originally. In fact a lot of stuff on that sheet never saw the light of day which is probably why the game was so cheap.

I'd to guess there were technicalities with it that would have caused even more delay. Would it not kill the frame rate as well what with 100 weapons going off at once?

The silence from SL isn't necessarily a good thing either, maybe I missed it but has anyone stated how well the game did? Last time I looked at the record table for Venita K forward single race records there were over 192,000 entries now some might be more than one account on the same Playstation but is that good? I really have no idea what is considered a success for a download only game.

yeah there will be multiple accounts for one purchase, but there may also be people who have just downloaded the game and never connect to upload their times, so it`s hard to say. But 190,000 (ish) x £11.99 would be, erm, a LOT, I think, when you consider there are no materials to distribute and there seems to have been very little promotional costs compared to a full price game.

Anyway that`s guesswork, on topic I don`t see much value in Eliminator mode if it`s not multiplayer. From my point of view, in Pulse it was all explosions and not really much interesting gameplay. Then of course there are people for whom almost every multiplayer race is Eliminator already.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I enjoyed it in Pulse, it was a more enjoyable way for me to get huge amounts of team loyalty points at once instead of playing Zone mode which I'm not fond of.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yeah, all this silence from SL is suspicious...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sturm_Fury

Same here, Rapier...I didn't like Zone until HD came out...now, I absolutely LOVE it! The graphics, sound, and sound effects REALLY draw me into it...it's one of my favourite modes now.

But, in Pulse...yeah, I use (still play it, when I'm at work, lol) Eliminator mode to rack up the loyalty points pretty quickly...and in a more fun way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i've read somewhere here in this forum some time ago like near the end of october that the game has sell just over pure did , so it's pretty well, isn't?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

It's sold over a million copies?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

If it hasn't hit a million downloads by now I'd be shocked. This is the best PSN game available for the money. I could pay $60 for it.

SSSHH. Don't let Sony hear you say that; they're greedy enough already.