Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid messages/chat sessions

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox073 View Post
    Just don't get why some people can't take losing.
    I don't get that either. I was racing last night and out of an 8 race tournament I think I finished last in 4 of them. Never won and I had a blast. It was close and I had more fun than the races where I get out in front from the start and never look back.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    chaos80

Raced chiryu007 a couple of days ago in a tournament. Was going to win when he left and sent me a message saying "CHEATER!!!". I replied, "Yes, and you are feeble"
    Good times...
    Last edited by chaos80; 3rd March 2009 at 07:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well played sir!

PSN ID
    Assegai82

TheMaderFacker
    Yeah he's a bit of a dildo too. Got the same nonsense off him a while back when he beat me in race 1 and I went on to dominate, so I flamed the **** out of him and he promptly sent me a friend request. Denied.

PSN ID
    RobCoxy

Just don't get why some people can't take losing. If someone does me like that on the line it is a little annoying but I'm more likely to send a message to say well done or I'll get you next time rather than being nasty about it.
    I have to mention that there are plenty of people like you silverfox who, when after a close race are beaten or just beat you, send a nice "well done" or "just got you, unlucky ". Nice to know that a lot of people can take losing and are not all b*stards like chiryu and whoever else .

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

That's the kick I get out of Wipeout - when people make it difficult for you cause it's dead boring winning and winning. So when the likes of you lot come along ............. it's dead good.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Silverfox: I had a similar experience with themada... but a long time ago, I kept beating him
    so he sent me a message with "you think you're the best?", which wasn't nice at all,
    and I replied: of course not.

Then a few weeks later he tried to add me as friend, which I also denied.
    Too bad because he was pretty good.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Raced chiryu007 the other day, everything was going well, hadn't' had a peep from him all night, mainly as he was getting pasted badly. I pm'd people to tell them that it was going to be my last race, thought i would tell him as well out of politeness. WHY! The **** started flying straight away NOOOOBY! QUITTER!. Spent the next three races trying to eliminate the cheeky tosser. I left him with "Piss off **** face, nooooby ****" message before adding him to my block list. He resides there alone. What a wanker

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Elois-13

I can't remember any true "hating" message while playing on wipeout, and that's very good thing for me. WO players are very polite in general. I used to play Burnout P a while and each day I received insults, and that, sadly, made me move away from the game, after many hours. But when I play WO I'm cool, I know I play with respectful players, who play the game to have fun, and who don't take it too seriously ( except in the middle of an intense race of course ).

lol I turned it into a message of love I think

PSN ID
    CaptainWipeout

I wonder how many people have actually blocked Chiryu. It must be most of the regular WO players.

I've said before - I won't even race with the guy, which is a shame because he's good.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

raced him once, coincidentally in an auricom (which he uses), as i was 100k'ing it.
    not a peep...

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Zoth-Ommog

I think i should consider myself lucky, because i've never seen this chiryu guy.. all these "compliments" assure that i won't go anywhere close, because i have some temper when it comes to bitching and badmouthing. And i have no intend to ruin my game sessions because of a retard like him.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I've never seen him as well. He sounds like a myth at this point.
    You gotta see it to believe it!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Ive raced this ****tard before. And he is a get ****tard too.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

He ALWAYS comes up as a USA racer when I'm online.
    Connavar does as well.

???????

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Chiryu has always got a French flag whenever I see him, but you're right about connavar, I thought he was American until I joined up here...then the confusion set in

Oh and I've mentioned themadderfacker in this thread previously, another fast pilot with an attitude problem. That guy is a tool!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Something to do with the location you are using I guess... Connavar, set yourself to EU

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    designer_79

I was racing this Chiryu guy in one of my first ever online races .... It's kind of funny that the 'REAL' noobs don't get such crap from him. Well actually of course, they are not a threat to him.

And just my opinion about 'TheMadderf...er', well what else can be expected from someone giving himself this kind of nick??

But luckily enough guys like these are a clear minority , so we can have still a lot of fun together on the tracks. I just don't want to start thinking about the general tone in some online shooters, especially thinking about flaming wars on certain game-news-sites

(This was not a generalization of people playing FPS, but assuming the percentage of more immature players in this genre is certainly higher)

This said, see you on tracks soon, I have always a good time racing other zoners!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

I also consider WO players to be a lot more polite and overall more mature, I guess, than in many other online games which makes it a lot more enjoyable to me.
    Actually, I'd say one of the main things that makes this game stand above many other "racing games" is it's great fan-base. I suppose wipeouters are just a tad more civilized

That said, I would like to meet this Chiryu character and deliver a few his way

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I have bought an official PS headset for the PS3, but I can't seem to chat or hear anything. I can't even see the logo in the lobby menu when pilots are chatting. Is it even possible atm to chat in the lobby or during a game? Maybe I am doing something wrong or the headset is broken?