Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: adhocParty to enable online play

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

hey Mad, your ps3 linked to the internet via a cable, and your ps3 will automatically use the wi-fi for the psp. Finally this ad hoc thing is easy to set up, even if you don't understand Japanese. Thanks again Kigo for the walkthrough. Maybe we could try some ad hoc party nov. 13/14/15, would be funny to try pure & pulse with it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks Kanar! I will do that. Unfortunately the Avalon weekends is totally booked for me.

I hope to test Pure tonight around 21:00, for anyone willing to play with me?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Never found anyone yesterday! But this tutorial helped me a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzTyDJSnl0

If someone wants to play Pure online, give me a nudge.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'll be up for that at some point if we can arrange it, coincidence I just charged my PSP today ready for some Pure practice tomorrow, suddenly felt the urge to return to my favorite Wipeout

Of course I'll need to do the whole Japanese account creation and download bit first if that is the method your using.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That would be awesome to race you again in Pure RRA! You know Asa and I have tried anything to get KAI running at my place, but unfortunately it didn't work. Now with ad-hoc party we can share the fun again, just like we did in Amsterdam, Liverpool and Le Havre.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Lightbulb

Will you want play WipEout Pure (PAL) monday night ? From 21.00 Paris (GMT +1).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Wow is this actually working for real now?
    Shame my horrible ping to the rest of you will screw everything up

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes, Kaori! That would be awesome. I can even be online earlier, is 20:00 ok? In which room shall we meet? C ya mondaynight. Looking forward to it.

Yes Insertcoin, Kaori already has been playing through adhoc party and it works very well. If you have the time and opportunity, you are welcome to join.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Hi insertcoin, I've played Gran Turismo with Kigo, ad hoc party worked fine.
    I've played some 3 players races too on Gran Turismo, no problems, but with 4 players, impossible to start a race... ad hoc party is always a beta !
    And I've played WipEout Pure with leungbok the first time, and with G-Superpilot the second time, no problem this times.

Glad you can come Mad-Ice, but I think 20.00 is too early for me. I hope some other racers join us.
    For the room, we should choose an empty space, (with a grey little man).
    We will use text chat for tell which room we will go.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Yes, i have raced Kaori on ad-hoc party on the PS3, there is lag involved. But it works good, anyone what to organize anything, just PM me on the PSN along with the other people that you want to race

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

We are in !
    World J, room 44 !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

Thanks Mad-Ice for this races, we have started by 3 single races, two win for the Flying Dutchman, and one for me (and the first backquake )
    Then we have done all 7 tournaments. First, betâ tournament, and we were ex eaquo, 26-26. After, Mad-Ice won 5 post tournaments, 4-0 or 3-1.
    And the last, Alpha tournament, I finally won a tournament !

Great moments tonight, thanks Mad-Ice.
    No chance for your plasma bolt on CardCity, it passed under me while I was doing a barell roll, it was an intense experience

Beating Mad-Ice on Pure even once is something to shout about I would never fail to find a way to bring the subject up in public

Sounds like great times - was there much lag? More or less than you would get on Kai, if you ever used it?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@Kaori; thank you so much mate! Indeed what a fun we had. The moment I saw your name in my PSP I was full of wonder and joy. Asa and I have done everything to get Kai working at my place, with no luck. I could only play Kai when I was at his place. And those moments were great. I hope to re-live them now.

Great racing report too! And you even forgot to tell, you killed me with a plasma bolt in the first lap of a race, forgot which track . Wanted to forget the whole moment but it is a trauma now, so I think I need therapy! On top of that you did it in a very cool way, while we both were turning around a corner.

Looking forward to coming sunday, with G-Superpilot!

@Lunar: lol mate! So download Adhoc Party and get your Goteki45 on the tracks to teach me a lesson! BTW: There was almost no lag, it was certainly better than Kai.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

An english version of Ad Hoc Party is coming on US playstation store.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...vailable-soon/

It will be easier to understand all options

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Just came here to post this

Freakin' finally! Not that setting up the system on a JPN account is that big a deal, but still-- there really was no reason not to release an english version earlier.

Now I just need to get an ethernet connection to my PS3, about 40-50 feet from our router...
    Last edited by Frances_Penfold; 13th November 2009 at 09:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Sweeeet! Now all I need is to figure a way to get a LAN connection all the way downstairs and I can join in the fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kaori714

In Europe & Australia too :
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/...oming-to-scee/

Frances Penfold, welcome in my club, I have 33 feet of ethernet cable !
    Last edited by kaori; 14th November 2009 at 10:44 AM.

this is great news and it really is going to have to be Pure practice time soon Who needs the inferior later versions of Pure anyway?

It`s really worth putting in a cable for everyone who wants to take advantage of this, as the PS3 connects to the internet much better on a cable anyway. I have about 50 metres of ethernet and it doesn`t do me any harm

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Talking

Ha! By "inferior later versions of Pure", do you mean what I think you mean?
    If so, then: (and I agree btw).
    This is really tempting me to buy a PS3, although all this advert I keep reading about is kind of putting me off. So I don't know what to do now!
    So I'll play Pure and Pulse while I decide.