Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapons Hit

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

For some reason if I'm racing online, I can fly THROUGH the bomb at some instances and not be affected, but I can't go around them cos they'll blow up... must be like driving through a hurricane - inside the eye you're okay, but step out of it and you're f***ed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

My guess is that this is due to synchronisation inaccuracies online: the bomb will actually sometimes be in a slightly different spot than it appears. Your best bet is to go around it WIDE

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Or keep going through it - not like I can keep up with Wellington or any of the other elite pilots at this sage, so why not gamble?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

It's a weird one because mines work absolutely fine, they are exactly where they appear to be. Not sure at all what's so different about the bombs, I've been hit by one on the opposite side of the track before!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Cripes! Now that is a glitch.

By the way, are you working on a Wipeout HD FAQ?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'd love to, but my time is severely limited now because of my course. If it happens, it'll be a very long way off.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Cool

I agree with chboing...if you have a lighter craft be prepared to get bumped/tossed around easier...and the higher leveled shield craft do have greater resistance compared to the harimu or dare i say the ag systems craft ...my team uses traikis for this very reason (the only con is that we can't accelerate as fast as a lighter craft, but with how we race..(rapier class) you need all the shield life you got, it can be rough out there , and a turbo is by far the best acclerator out there, or the famous barrel roll

Mig6, Praporshcihk of EFT

EFT...Challenging the World...one team at a time

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm not 100% sure,it's just that I get the impression that the "weight" of the craft effects it's ability to lift enough to BR on the more obscure places around the different tracks.

Anybody else find this?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Actually, yah, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I've noticed that too. Anyone else?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Actually, I am getting more airtime with my heavy Auricom than I used to get with Assegai...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

I've never noticed that difference according to ship weight. I think it's about speed and nose pitch more than anything

I`m not sure about it, but I`ve always suspected that different ships have different amounts of "float" and therefore ability to BR and jump walls. On Moa Therma you can jump a wall to your left after the long mag strip quite easily in Auricom, but in Goteki it is much less reliable to do this as it doesn`t seem to get as much airtime. Quite a few BRs seem harder to get in Goteki than some other ships. Whether it`s actually a different amount of "floatiness" or just the outcome of different handling and speed characteristics I don`t know.

It seemed to be that BRs are harder in the more agile (i.e. better handling) ships.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i think for the most part that's probably right, although i find it a royal pita to br an icarus compared to my overused AG. but i supposed i'm more used to the AG so that might be part of it.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Ive swapped round a few teams in my time on this game. Im currently on Harimau and they do get pushed around very easily compared to say Auricom or Mirage. I couldnt say if it is linked to shields but there is definitely a difference between teams.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

why someone don't take his time and verify all this statements instead to come out with this " supposed " stuff about ship weight,ait time and so on

with all the respect but even if it would be , not that have much sense to me that a ship like goteki have less air time and less advantage in jumps & BR since isn't the heavier craft and is the ONE WITH MORE THRUST of all...

anyway the amount of height ( altitude ) in which one ship float from the ground different ship by ship has sense to me and it could easily be, since the so called " anti gravity generator " that one circular or rectangular things that emit light and/or spin below the ship could be set at 4 meter for a certain team or 4,5 / 5 meter for another team
    , it would be easily verifiable in two player mode and put two ships side by side...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

We are trying to verify the matter by posting our findings.
    It's not like you can walk out onto the track and measure this stuff.

All craft will be riding at the same height at the start,the anti gravity generator would of been adjusted for the weight of the craft,and be set at a constant specific gravity [neutral buoyancy]

It's only when the craft is moving upwards that gravity would have an effect.

It would stand to reason then,that the weight of the craft would have an baring on the amount of lift it would get from a nose raising maneuver over a small hump in the track,that is unless the craft is already in an upward bounce.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I have been using Goteki 45 and Triakis a lot lately (as they don't have many loyalty points). When with Goteki 45 - if I missile hits me - I stop dead in my tracks every time. Granted, it accelerates decently, but I still hit a brick wall every time a weapon contacts me.

Now the Triakis, on the other hand - is like a rolling truck full of bricks. A missile hits me dead on, and I just think someone farted in the seat. It just slows down - ever so slightly - compared to Goteki.

I've noticed this with other weapons, but Missiles are fairly consistent with impact power. (unlike rockets, mines and bombs) Either a missile hits you or it misses - but rarely does it's effects vary from impact to impact.

Then again, I could just be smoking a huge brick of crack here, and imagined every bit of what I just wrote.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Is there any difference between the speed classes and/or the difficulty setting? I just started working on the elite races a few days ago and it feels like my ship (usually assegai) is hit harder in elite than on skilled, and also harder than when racing other players online.

Of course it might just *feel* that way, but as far as I can remember from skilled, a rocket would knock me around a little, push me off my line and slow me down a little, but on elite I come to a complete stop most of the time. I dont remember anything like that from when I was working on the campaign the first time around (except for those nasty cases when the side of your ship is hit as you go around a corner, and the impact slams you into the walls, causing you to take two separate hits that both slow you down). They seem to do the same amount of damage to your shields though.
    Last edited by okam; 17th January 2009 at 11:32 AM.