Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 'Zico Liu' is a very popular person

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Lightbulb

I just beat Zico 5 minutes ago... not having played for a few months, it took me a good hour to get from 32-something to around 31.15, getting into the groove again and also getting used to external view (because it makes the BR onto the bridge easier), and I was stuck around that time for a while despite nailing all the BRs and racing a clean line, side shifting, etc.

Then I realised something - when doing the 2nd BR over the little hill (the place where you see some people do 2 BRs back to back), I was getting too much air, missing the speed pad on the downward slope!

/facepalm, I should know better ^^

After my realisation it took just a few more laps to go from 31.05 to 30.70, bagging the trophy. So my tip for those who might be struggling with the last 0.5 seconds is to keep airtime to a minimum for the first two BRs, and definitely make sure you land on the speed pad after BR#2 - its easy to go past it if you arent careful. It looks kinda cool to fly high over that whole hill, and it feels fast, but your ship is faster on the ground than in the air. Set motion control to pitch and you can easily control how much air you are getting.

Hope that helps, good luck to anyone still working on this one, it feels pretty damn good to hear that trophy "bling" sound when you finally succeed

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

I got him with 2 BRs, yes. Turbo up to the skillcut, 1st BR there, then drop down to the left with sideshift after the last speedpad on the skillcut, BR No.2 on the drop, catch another speedpad on the landing.

EDIT: yay 3000th post, thanks for pointing it out KIGO. Now, where's my trophy?

yes, turbo onto the narrow bridge. hit the turbo as soon as your ship is around the inner apex of the lefthander before the jump, then pull up and BR, and try to land before the first speedpad on the bridge. After the last speedpad on the bridge, sideshift left (without turning) and BR, you should land right on the banking of the lower track, get the BR boost, then drop off to the left onto the right speedpad.
    It is also worth mentioning that I didn't use a single airbrake for that line, only sideshifting. I also used sideshift to catch the 3 diagonal speedpads on the straight after the first lefthander - no turning of the craft required.
    Ahhahhahh, eLHabib totally wins this contest in my opinion!! Nice job. And I know I'm super late and necro-posting, but I wanted to say thanks to all who posted their methods.
    I really wanted to beat Zico with 2 BRs, because that's just lovely...but to heck with it, I'm lazy. I just tied him with the 3 BR method, just not consistent enough with the bridge roll.

PSN ID
    Storm_FF

I defeated Zico just 5 minutes befor leaving for holiday... I still remember my dad shouting at me "Mario, switch off that ****ing playstation, is time to go!!" while I was doing the last BR... one of mine best wipeout memories

Yeah, zico sucks

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    FEISAR-CSY

I kept having problems on the part where the path splits.Which is the part where a BR HAS to be done to get Beat Zico.Was a real effer of a trophy.
    But I got it last year...

Timezone
    GMT -5

I don't know how to possibly to any better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vswsInDnl6U

Anyone see a spot where I could shave a second off? It's been bothering me for a very long time. tex told me I should be doing 3 BR's on the straight, but I can't do it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

If you can keep steering to a minimum, or not steer at all by using side-shifting instead [it is possible] you should be able to knock off a bit of time.

Sad reminder to see of the two comments to your YouTube video that one was from LurifaxFlux.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@wiz:
    nice video, but ur racing line is not very clean, u must get more SP to lower ur time, that's essential! try to get 14+.
    there's no need to do 3 BR on the bridge to get a 26.67!
    i did the WR without the triple BR on bridge (with the triple BR a 25.9 is possible!)
    my setup:
    X=accelerate (10%)
    O=absorb
    triangle=change camera
    square=fire
    R2=SSright (90%)
    L2=SSleft (90%)
    d-pad=steering (100%)
    i dont use sixaxis, so no motion pitch.
    if u want to train the triple BR on bridge, use EG-X HD, best ship for me to do BRs
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 2nd November 2010 at 11:37 PM.