Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Zico Liu' is a very popular person

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I think trying to beat Zico now would be a lot less challenging than before the update. The thing that really p1ssed me off before was that you could only try and do it every other lap which meant hundreds of pointless laps round AP. At least since the update you can cancel your boost and save it for the end of each lap. The other thing that annoyed me was it was venom class - i'd have much preferred any other speed class for this one particularly on AP as zone zeus is (pretty much) only achievable on AP, or is definitely easier on this track.

With Zeus it was a much more gradual progression towards the trophy. Each time you got a higher zone or super zen, subsonic, mach1, zone 70, you knew it was possible to do and its so satisfying when you finally hit zone 75.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Zone Zues is possible on Moa Therma, a few have achieved this, im getting fairly close to it.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Is there any other Platinum trophy that is 'technically' more challenging to get than Wipeout?... thanks largely to these two trophies?

There are many games require you to spend 60 hours in a week to get trophies... *cough Killzone 2, or play for a billion years... *cough Warhawk... but % for % this game must rank as one of the hardest to me..

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

There is probably more challenging than this, but certainly not better, those
    trophies are perfectly crafted, and cover all the aspects of the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    afatsuoM

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiatlarge View Post
    Is there any other Platinum trophy that is 'technically' more challenging to get than Wipeout?... thanks largely to these two trophies?

There are many games require you to spend 60 hours in a week to get trophies... *cough Killzone 2, or play for a billion years... *cough Warhawk... but % for % this game must rank as one of the hardest to me..
    Some of the Super Stardust HD trophies are really challenging as well. Especially "Late Boomer" and "Shock and Awe".

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Quote Originally Posted by afatsuoM View Post
    Some of the Super Stardust HD trophies are really challenging as well. Especially "Late Boomer" and "Shock and Awe".
    Funnily enough I have all the SSHD trophies except those two...

S&A I think is quite achievable, and have come close on occasions... usually to be undone by everything turning to custard in the space of only 5 seconds.... but LB... wow, that trophy is something else.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

As connavar said, wipeout platine trophy suits well to the game itself.

Some games require you to buy an extension, wich is 10€, to get all trophy, that's not acceptable!
    Others need you to finish them so many times that it's not even funny.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

ARgh : I HATE ZICO!!!

with a session with lot of laps (over 50) i reached the time of 30.98!!!
    maybe there is a better place to use the turbo (i use it befor the 3 speed pads, nose up, to get a BR, and another after.)

my main problem is the BR before the upper part of the track (the line!) i can't make it each lap, and need more practice with it to have more succesfull laps, then i could work on imporving the time!

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

That is (IMO) the best place to use the boost but make sure that you don't put your nose too far in the air. You ideally want just enough air to be able to pull off the BR.

With the one on the bridge it is just practice, stay tight left on the bend until you naturally pull away, go as far right as possible, nose up, aim 45 degrees left and then it is a bit easier to pull it off.

Also try and sideshift as much as possible as this will save fractions of seconds and it may be just enough to do it for you.

Keep going, at least if you mess the lap up you can cancel your speedpad and not have to do it all over again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Spece2goin, make sure to finish the session, normally I never improve my time
    after 50 laps but today I did a perfect lap on the 99th lap!!!
    You can imagine how happy I was

I think I ran about 40-50 sessions on this particular event, now I hope nobody
    beats me lol... (and I agree with silverfox, sideshifting is very important)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

thanks to both of you for the advice.

unfortunately, i didn't have time to finish the session, i got BB trophy invite.
    and there is also a trophy for completing 99 laps, i was going to...

and i use sideshifting too, maybe not enough, for exemple, at the place there are 3 pads in triangle, i use sideshift to got the one on the left + the middle one
    i think it's the only turn where to use it, as the others are easy curves, where you go easily on the apex. (except for pads)

then, i got the good idea of what lap to make (fyi : that was my second attempt on this trophy)

i just need to practice...

ty

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Its a tricky one, no doubt about it. I always came extremely close to getting the trophy, but somehow it always eluded me. Until I got some tips from reading some thread over at game faqs about side-shifting over the speed pads. And lo and behold I got up one morning, and 15 minutes later the trophy was mine.

It involves skill thats for sure, but some luck as you can see from my case. I did had alot of sessions but on that morning I managed to exceute everything the way it was suppsed to be. So you should also always be at your best.

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

I still can not do it. Venom leaves so much room for mistakes it requires the least interference with the ship it's inertia..

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

From my experience it's one of the most painful trophies as there is no, btw NO, room for mistakes and in the end so little progress - in comparison w/ the Zone trophies. My hit rate for the BR on the ramp was only 10%, I think. Until I finally got it, I was so 'good' at AP venom (checking every possible location/corner to sideshift) that I nearly made it w/o this BR. In the end I made daily session w/ 20 or 30 laps each. That meant 10 to 15 hot laps before v1.30. And with luck I found that my timing for this pita BR was totally messed up. Overall I think I flew somewhere between 600 and 700 laps to get it.

And the really bad experience was, when I made everything right until the BR down the ramp. I f*cked that BR up 3 or 4 times. But you can and will make it

btw, I usually fly d-pad but for that trophy I changed to stick.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    KUKUSHKA

I didnt find this one particularly hard. Just watched few youtube vids on where to br and then did it in 140 laps

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

i literally shat myself when i did it on the 2nd lap on my 2nd account.
    luck was certainly with me that day...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Well, decided to make another honest attempt at beating Zico today (I've made well over 200 laps in attempts so far)...70 laps gone by...on lap 71 I got ahead of my ghost again...and VIOLA! A 30.73! Frickin' finally! Damn, that felt good! All I have left is Zone Zeus for transcendence! That's gonna be tough for me, as I'm not much into Zone mode, but if I got Air-Breaker, I should be able to get Zone Zeus, eventually...and who knows...maybe I'll grow to love Zone?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Moriarty79

I beated Zico monday!!!
    The key to beat him is the BR at the begin of the brige/ramp.
    Do it and beat Zico!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

Or don't do it and still beat Zico like me

I still can't master that BR onto the bridge. But I pulled 3 BR (triple pads, immediately after over the crest into the narrow tunnel, and off the bridge) and finished with a 30.82. Sideshifting works wonders for shaving off time.

Now if only I could get the bridge BR, I could probably get my time down to 30.3 or something.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Congrats, Moriarty79! Feels great, doesn't it?!