Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Zico Liu' is a very popular person

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Elhabib.
    From the start line and before you side shifted across the 3 diagonal S/Pads,did you take the tightest line around the corner[which would means 1 or 2 less S/Pads hit] or did you hit all the S/pads by taking the corner wider?

And if it was the tightest line,was there a specific way you took the first corner? :Side shifting.

I'm starting to think the tighter line might be the option,as even though you hit more S/Pads you are actually having to travel further across the track to line up for the 3 diagonal S/Pads,which actually costs you time.

Is that the case?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Zackdem

Personnally, I tried to side shift in the first left corner, it help me to gain a few time. after I use the 4 br lap. The 3rd br before the bridge makes me going since I'm still not able to perform it each lap, but it's better than before.
    I reached 30.97 so I'll continue this way to beat it (soon

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Right,

This trophy is beginning to give me the immense ****ing ****s. 3 BRs to get under 30.82 is BS, 4 BR is possible with a perfect racing line, but 5 BR is the way a certain trophy.

Where about can you get the 5th BR on the course? And what are the best ways to get that nasty bitch of a BR onto the skybridge? If anybody has got a video of the way i love to see it.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I feel it's somewhat of a cheat to use videos - but I'm sure that hasn't stopped 90% of players from looking. Just look up "zico" on Youtube.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Where about can you get the 5th BR on the course? And what are the best ways to get that nasty bitch of a BR onto the skybridge? If anybody has got a video of the way i love to see it.
    i haven't got a video (there's a truckload on the 'tube), but i'll do my best to explain.
    1. after you boost off the bump to catch some air.
    2. land as far to the right as possible and aim left when you take off to do the 2nd BR
    3. the bost should kick in on the crest of the hill which gives you more air for a 3rd.
    4. people have told me you can sideshift the left-hander (before the 3 pads in arrowhead formation) and get a BR here. i couldn't do it cos i'm rubbish but it's not crucial.
    5. the toughie: take as tighter line as possible and then get as high on the bank as possible so that your sort of diagonal when you take off. i used motion for pitch here to help but you don't actually need it but it greatly improved my consistency. get the LRL off as quickly as possible. if it helps, switch to d-pad (if you're a stick user). this makes it somewhat easier.
    6. standard procedure: drop and BR onto the pad
    7. crack open the champers.

Alternatively, follow a ghost so you get the line right.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

cygnuzy was the first one to post the video. I thank him many beaucoup a lot of times

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

KIGO: even without the hard BR (onto the bridge) you can get 30.55 with only 3
    BR, if your lines are perfect that is, trust me on that, I did many 30.45 with
    only 3 BR (with Icaras, add maximum 0.10 sec for Piranha).

But yeah, I suggest you do that 4th BR, the 5th BR is completely useless, it
    doesn't give you any boost advantage.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Well, all I know is that I made a valiant attempt yesterday. On lap 97, I did everything perfectly (or so I thought), nailing 4 BR, including the last while dropping onto the speed pad from the bridge, and I still didn't beat Zico's time. I believe I got 31.48 or something...I forget. I was bewildered and have no clue why I failed (maybe I thought I hit that last speed pad, but just missed it?). At least I got my 99 laps trophy...lol. I'll attempt the feat again some other time for sure though...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I can see another controller coming to a early demise in Western Australia shortly.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

LOUDandPROUD: use tighter racing lines

Timezone
    GMT -5

Jason - Connavar is right - taking the corners as tight as possible (without contacting, over steering, or airbraking) is KEY. I've had laps with all barrel rolls but bad lines - that gave me a slower time than a lap with GOOD lines and missed BRs.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Gotcha, fellas...thanks for the tips!

I was trying this over the weekend, I'm down to 30.86! it's a killer. I'm sure if I do another session I will get the time though. Tried about 30 laps last night and got around the 30.90 mark so I'm quietly confident.

It's really all about my line now, it's never tight enough when I come off the pads at the start (when I hit them all that is). My line from the three speed pads all the way to the overpass jump is dire and the barrel roll on the overpass jump is 50/50 at this stage.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Is it possible to complete zico without that BR roll onto the skybridge?

not sure, it bags you quite a lot of time. you could try and get your lines perfect and turbo onto the bridge instead but i don't know if that'll be fast enough.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I think it is possible to Beat Zico and not do the roll onto the bridge by sideshifting instead of turning and tight lines.

I normally use the D-pad to control but found the barrel roll onto the bridge easier with the analogue, in fact, I found it a lot easier generally to BR with the stick.

I found the best way to roll onto the overpass was really tight to the left hand side and then you seem naturally to go right. Go as far right as poss and turn 45 degrees left, I pull down and then hope like feck that it works.

Have to say that Beating Zico was a proud moment especially after a 30.83 4 laps previously. I really thought after that lap I'd never do it but got a 30.69 in the end I think.

That and Zone Zeus have been the hardest trophies (so far) to get. 50 online kills is hard for different reasons for me.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox073 View Post
    I normally use the D-pad to control but found the barrel roll onto the bridge easier with the analogue, in fact, I found it a lot easier generally to BR with the stick.
    really? the stick? i find it so much less consistent. each to his own though. i got desperate so i ended up using two fingers on the pad, one left, one right. i'm pretty sure it's doable without the bridge BR if you get 3 from the turbo as opposed to just 2. i'll have a go this weekend

PSN ID
    Greenix

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Is it possible to complete zico without that BR roll onto the skybridge?
    Yep, I did it that way. Doing the barrel roll onto the 'skill cut' was just bugging me off to bad

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Sweet. I might try that. So 2 BR on that jump into the dip, and one off the skybridge, so 3. Is that even possible... I guess you got it. Did you happen to knock it up in 3 or 4 BRs? Cause i can only seem to find 3 with your good strategy.

i'm not sure if it's that much faster but you can chain 3 from the turbo jump. it's in an earlier post in the thread.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O877da...eature=related this shows the x3 chain but it might be faster to just do 2 and get the lines/float perfect. hope this helps.