Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Zico Liu' is a very popular person

PSN ID
    Seraphim1982

Wasn't too long ago that I did this but after a few hundred laps I was feeling the frustration, I hit every BR that was needed and got a 30.83!!! If Zico had been in the room at that moment I would have thrown him through my plasma screen

Learnt to tighten up the racing line and got a 30.67 in the end so yay me. Really should have used the opportunity to learn sideshifting though, still can't use it to save my life.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Moriarty79

I'm feeling very well...
    After Zico's i think will be invincible!!!!!!!!!1
    )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

30''79

omg, what a good feeling, with only 1h of woHD in a month, i decided to give Zico a new try.
    and guess what? sideshifting made me gain 0"20
    thx to advice i found here!

I beat this guy ages ago, took hundreds of laps.

Still haven't beat Zone Zeus though.

PSN ID
    FatScarf

I beat Zico then an hour later beat Zone Zeus, utilising the adrenaline rush from finally getting that damn laptime beat </gloat>

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TehRedScar

I just beat zico for a buddy who couldn't get it, 15 laps is all it took.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

I decided yesterday it was time to get serious about this. 100 laps done, 30.97... So close, and yet so far...

EDIT. Just want to wave my flag. Another 60 laps and I ended up at 30.82. I'm never doing another Venom speedlap on Anulpha. Ever.
    Last edited by mic-dk; 10th June 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

just got my zico, earlier today i made a major breakthrough and set a new PB of 31.13, which was 0.2 better than my old PB. then after watching BSG for a couple of hours i decided to have another go. 4 laps pass by without any significant result, but on ther 5 lap all hell breaks loose and i hit every sideshift better than ever before, the 2x BR on the mid straight lands perfectly on the speedpad on the hump, went up the hill, and managed the sideshift to get the dubble speedpads. in the last turn before the overpass i look back... the ghost is nowhere to be seen. i dont risk frakking up the overpass BR and go straight for the cleanest line. BR down on the to the ritght side wall just before the speedpad and launch for the finish. on the sixed lap i hear a trophy ding right after i pass the first corner, i stop dead in my tracks on the mid straightand look up to the top right of the screen. there it is the fabled beat zico trophy. i turn my head to look at the time its 30.65...WOOOOT

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

for you Chainsaw!

Even though you beat me by almost 0.2 second. That hurts...
    Ah well, a trophy is a trophy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

here some new tactics to increase the chances of making zico history http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Good work Leungbok! That second method is great - reminds me of my skateboarding days

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

Quote Originally Posted by Motorsagmannen View Post
    just got my zico, earlier today i made a major breakthrough and set a new PB of 31.13, which was 0.2 better than my old PB. then after watching BSG for a couple of hours i decided to have another go. 4 laps pass by without any significant result, but on ther 5 lap all hell breaks loose and i hit every sideshift better than ever before, the 2x BR on the mid straight lands perfectly on the speedpad on the hump, went up the hill, and managed the sideshift to get the dubble speedpads. in the last turn before the overpass i look back... the ghost is nowhere to be seen. i dont risk frakking up the overpass BR and go straight for the cleanest line. BR down on the to the ritght side wall just before the speedpad and launch for the finish. on the sixed lap i hear a trophy ding right after i pass the first corner, i stop dead in my tracks on the mid straightand look up to the top right of the screen. there it is the fabled beat zico trophy. i turn my head to look at the time its 30.65...WOOOOT
    That's pretty much how it happened for me. I never could get that overpass BR, but suddenly I pulled a clean lap hitting every speed pad, and sideshifting like a god... knew I had a lead on my 31.2s ghost and just went for a new PB not risking botching the BR. Then I crossed the line... looked at my time... 30.82... had a bit of nervousness... heard the ding... and nearly fainted.

Quote Originally Posted by leungbok View Post
    here some new tactics to increase the chances of making zico history http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mn8hVOwG8
    Wow, that is awesome... 6 barrel rolls! I had no idea that was even possible.
    Last edited by Thegide; 12th June 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Thegide

[accidental double post - please delete]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

@mic-dk, true it's a trick similar to an "ollie air" (or a "bunny up", i was a bmx freestyler when i was a teenager ).
    @Thegide, the actual leader of the anulpha sl venom ranking (a great website creator from belgium ), is able to perform 7 and even 8 br in one lap

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

8? what the bloody hell?! that's mental

PSN ID
    Aero-R

I DID IT !!!

Holy *$!&, I never thought it was possible with my handling because I'm new in Wipeout with this HD (although I played a few hours in 1995 in the original one), and now only Zone Zeus left for the 100% of the trophies !!. Oh %&$"( I'm shocked now, I just arrived sooner than normally from the job today because of a few free hours, and I said myself... lets go with a few tries now that with the patch I can't cancel the lap from before...

I did now 190 laps (before the patch I think I did 340 or so too), and I was stuck in 31:07. Later in 31:06, much later in 30:97, and that was much for me... but later I did a few things better and I was doing 30:89 so I said... OK I'm on a point where it'll be hard to improve, but if I'm going out now that I've the skillz in the hands... it'll be hard to get later into this again...

So I kept trying and later by coincidende I founded that the best thing at the first turn was, after the 3 initial panels on the first turn, not going left by turning but just by double pressing L2 so that saved a bit of time. Then 2 Barrel Rolls without touching the walls (I didn't touch any one of the panels in the group of 3, or the 2 ones at the hill in the other turn, but I did touch the one later when you're "going down"). After that, there goes the part that I was doing worse (the 2 turns before the pass): I was loosing so much time there, and with the time I founded that taking them using only the Analog Stick as much as near to the wall, was the best line (I took 2 panels in the group of 3 before the pass). Barrel Roll before the pass, then the 4 panels, then left with the Analog Atick, Barrel Roll and when falling I did it above the Speed Panel. Result = 30.70. I can't believe it.

I did it using the DUAL SHOCK 3 to pitch up and down the nose. The Barrel Rolls were done with the D-Pad while with the Analog Stick I was doing corrections in the air line.

But the most important: Thanks everybody that is helping here, thanks Studio Liverpool for this gem, and thanks Zico for had put the limit so high, because although it get me mad at the beginning, now I'm proud of what I've done, I never though when I bought this game that I'll be decent at it, and now I'm even looking for designs to do myself a few T-Shirts.

I'll upload the Ghosts to the eLhabib's site to help others if possible.

W'O'', this is the future.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBhO9OvHuKI

(beat zico with internal view, no tricks involved)

PSN ID
    Aero-R

I did it also with internal view, but you did it in one second less, good job. My lap was exactly like yours recorded in the video, except for 2 things:

- You do 3 Barrel Rolls after the first turn. I never knew how people do three there, I only can do two, I don't get the air (even up-pitching) to do a third. I think that my problem is that I'm used to do the first one so soon, so I don't leave space for two later but only one.
    - After falling from the pass, I used one of those 2 speed panels before the finish line.

I've been always wondering why most of the WipEout pilots use the external view. Is easier from that one to them? I've tried it but I honestly don't like it, with the internal one I've a better speed feeling and I get crazy with the Barrel Roll movements or while driving through an explosion, I do love it. In fact, I've done everything in WipEout HD always with this view.

Most of the high ranks in Zone are with the external one, but I use all the "racing" games in internal view or cockpit view always to get more realism, so I think I'm always used to it and that's maybe why I can't handle the external views (I need to see the turning point as soon as possible).
    Last edited by Aero-R; 14th June 2009 at 04:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Thanks, I used internal view for the first 3 months, then switched to external
    far, and I play much better now with external than internal, including BRs and
    racing lines... but that's probably because I got used to this view.

Here I did the video with a friend, just for fun, even if one plays worse with
    internal, it looks phenomenal, that's really the way Wipeout should be played

Don't forget that the default view is an external one ... that matters a lot,
    if default had been internal, you would have seen many more internal cockpit
    players.

PSN ID
    Aero-R

Yeah you're right. I still remember how my first seconds in WipEout HD were when I bought it: I was in the start line of Vineta K and before the GO moment, I was already asking myself if there wasn't an option to change the camera. Seconds later I founded the right button by pressing many of them and I the dream started there.