Thread: NEGCON on HD

Default NEGCON on HD

Negcon use on hd may very well be possible, if you are good with electronics, which I am not. I plugged in a few playstation to pc adaptors into the ps3 just to try and see. What I got was a mixed bag. At first I couldn't get the negcon to select, but then I plugged in the madcatz wheel, that has digital, and negcon settings on it, so I could switch between the two. I got into the game, and this was what I discovered. The twist does work for steering, but somewhat odd, in that there are not as many degrees of movement(which isn't bad), but the real problem was having to turn the negcon too far to the left or right to get the movement you wanted. Someone with the Knowhow, could probably tighten the negcon up. The second problem was that only 4 buttons out of the 6 worked. button 1 and 2 controlled the pitch (the dpad did as well, and even turned too). I am sure someone could figure the button config out as well, in that you only need really 5 buttons, 6 if you like to look back. Back to the dpad for me though, until I can find a wheel that works.

ON a side note, the expensive logitech wheel without the pedals was ASS, in that it wouldn't turn until you hit 40 degrees. I am sure the one with the foot pedals is the same. An older version does the same thing unfortunately, since there was button relocation on that one. Anyone know of a wheel that you can set twist sensitivity to wherever you want?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

And the award for most determined man ever goes to Mr Sartwell

RR, thou speakst truth.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

omg, if someone could get this to work we could have something brilliant on our hands...

i cant use the PS controllers analog sticks, im far too used to the 360 ones being in a superior position (lol, fanboy bait)

one doesnt even have a ps3 to play HD on anymore, had to give my friends one back, so it doesnt apply to me anywho.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Wow, Jabberjaw, you are a man on a mission

I'm amazed that this worked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    ... you only need really 5 buttons, 6 if you like to look back.
    So, six buttons for Asayyeah, five for everybody else?

Really amazing that you got it to work, Al, even if it wasn`t perfect. Rear view freezes the game online anyway, so if there`s no button for it it`s no big deal. It sounds close..... and maybe the dpad could do pitch and also activate Barrel Rolls while the twist takes car of the steering.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

the problem is that hardware is controled with assembly so there will be an interactive driver in the game or ps3 fw or both that needs to be moded

prehaps we can wait for the ps3 to be hacked

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Al i know you can do it : your famous last-year- sentence " there's no reason to not find a solution" is spot on.
    All my best wishes for that tricky mission !

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax1978 View Post
    prehaps we can wait for the ps3 to be hacked
    Nah lets hope that doesn't happen, I don't want the integrity of the game destroyed just so some select few people can use a Neggie on PS3.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    ON a side note, the expensive logitech wheel without the pedals was ASS, in that it wouldn't turn until you hit 40 degrees. I am sure the one with the foot pedals is the same. An older version does the same thing unfortunately, since there was button relocation on that one. Anyone know of a wheel that you can set twist sensitivity to wherever you want?
    There is this wheel a lot of hardcore racers use, but it is expensive. It might work, and the paddles might be able to work for air brakes, and the red buttons for pitch.
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga...s/131&cl=us,en

The best wheel control system for WipeOut would actually not be a racing wheel at all. It would most likely be a Yoke
    http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/yoke.htm
    Then add this for airbrakes, since airbrakes in WipeOut work as rudders. Turning the craft, and the stick is for roll.
    http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/rudder.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Nah lets hope that doesn't happen, I don't want the integrity of the game destroyed just so some select few people can use a Neggie on PS3.
    I agree, I've seen this controller before and for me personally physically I can't use it. It's hard enough for me when playing racing games online competing with guys using Logitech G25's. When my only option is for the PS3 controller, or when I play Live for Speed a XBox 360 controller hooked to my MacPro running bootcamp.
    Last edited by klax75; 29th October 2008 at 12:45 PM.

+1000 RR. PS3 security is a wonderful thing and makes the game so much more fun online, I wouldn`t give it up for anything.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

honestly ps3 controller is already great and sometimes i can feel a smooth neggie feeling ( especially that shortcut on reverse chenghou where you have to pitch up while turning right & left in the air with your turbo )

Ok it won't never be like an old Neggie, nonetheless i agree with the 'twin-Stephens' : no hacks possible, everyone with the same controller and best of all the famous jaymod ( which is giving a serious advantage for pure & pulse but also a fantastic feeling when racing) is completely useless with HD.

Does that logitech wheel have adjustable steering to anywhere you want, not just two settings? every logitech wheel so far does not turn fast enough for wipeout, and it is not even close. The buttons off on that other part of the wheel setup is not good because you cannot drive with one hand on the wheel. It looks like the two red buttons would need to be programmed for left and right (for barrel rolls), and the two triggers for weapons and absorb, wait, no pitch control, this would not work right, since you need buttons as pitch control as well since there is no dpad on the wheel itself. If you used the two triggers as this, you would only have 3 buttons left on the wheel for 5 functions

I have no idea how to rewire the negcon, I do have a slightly busted one I could look at though. The dpad up and down could be rewired, or 1 and 2 to be different functions.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Klax75

I have never used the G25, physically I can't use a steel wheel system so never look in to one. I know on Live for Speed G25 is what everyone shoots to get.

A Yoke would be the best bet, again though I have never used one. Since a yoke has roll, and pitch all based on the wheel it self. The controls in WipeOut are a cross between a motorcycle simulation, because you have to pitch forward and back to gain and decrease speed, in first person view it feels like it when you lean in to the turns. Also cross that with a flight simulation because airbrakes act pretty much like rudders.

I have do on a CH HOTAS, which I can use that, since in flight sims, you arm movements aren't as constant or as extremely as a driving racing game. But never been able to use foot pedals since my feet don't touch the floor. lol.
    Last edited by Lance; 29th October 2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated.