Negcon use on hd may very well be possible, if you are good with electronics, which I am not. I plugged in a few playstation to pc adaptors into the ps3 just to try and see. What I got was a mixed bag. At first I couldn't get the negcon to select, but then I plugged in the madcatz wheel, that has digital, and negcon settings on it, so I could switch between the two. I got into the game, and this was what I discovered. The twist does work for steering, but somewhat odd, in that there are not as many degrees of movement(which isn't bad), but the real problem was having to turn the negcon too far to the left or right to get the movement you wanted. Someone with the Knowhow, could probably tighten the negcon up. The second problem was that only 4 buttons out of the 6 worked. button 1 and 2 controlled the pitch (the dpad did as well, and even turned too). I am sure someone could figure the button config out as well, in that you only need really 5 buttons, 6 if you like to look back. Back to the dpad for me though, until I can find a wheel that works.

ON a side note, the expensive logitech wheel without the pedals was ASS, in that it wouldn't turn until you hit 40 degrees. I am sure the one with the foot pedals is the same. An older version does the same thing unfortunately, since there was button relocation on that one. Anyone know of a wheel that you can set twist sensitivity to wherever you want?