Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different difficulty of the tracks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default Different difficulty of the tracks

i don't know if the later games tracks are like in the 2097/W3O era were the tracks was designed to fit a specific difficulty level and put / unlocked in a crescent order
    i wonder this cause i think in HD if the tracks are meant to follow a difficulty progression order , i find tracks like ubermall and sol 2 far more easy and viable than tracks like chenghou or even vineta k

what's you opinion?
    what do you think is the easyest and the hardest tracks? what's your order?

for me the easyest is anulpha pass reverse, and the more technicall and hard are sebenco, chenghou project forward

oh and i find in general the tracks are more easy than the ones was in past games

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i dont like vineta K for the soul purpose that it doesnt really have a wipEout feel to it. Much too narrow and nothing that really defines it as a wipEout track.sol 2 is amazing, visually and structure wise. ubermall has some sick BR combos and track skips. i hated chengou project for the longest time, reversed and forwards, even in pure , but im actually starting to like it now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Actually, I find Moa Therma forward the easiest track in the game. At least the easiest one to be competitive. It's just a wide highway, and doesn't even have any real corners to cut (Anulpha Pass R has).

The hardest ones, imho, are Sebenco R and Chenghou R. But you are right, the tracks don't 'build up' in difficulty progressively, as they used to in past games.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Anulpha Pass is the easiest to me. Sebenco and Chenghou are the hardest. I'm speaking of forward directions only, haven't done the reverses too much yet, still working on re-defeating the grid at Elite and earning the various other trophies (guess I'll get to the reverses when Arcade Perfect comes about).

I should add that Vineta K is my least favorite, and my brother's as well. Something isn't right about it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I too really dislike Vineta K. Primarily the long narrow tunnel. It feels extremely clastrophobic to me. Almost more technical than Chenghou, because I can't hold a great line unless I use the joystick as it has too many sweeping turns that don't work well with a full turn you get with the d-pad.

As far as rating the tracks, I definitely think that there is not too much change in difficulty on them. Each has it's tough sections.

Well, except Anulpha and Moa Therma, those play like wide open weapon fests. Especially Moa Therma. So many big areas that are open for weapon fire there.

From a technical standpoint I would rate Chenghou as the toughest track. To consistently hold a strong racing line requires lots of pitch control, airbraking, and side shifting. I think it's why I love it so much.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Try Sebenco Reverse then Rubix

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Weird how tastes differ - Vineta K is one of my favorites, especially reverse. You have to race super clean because it's so narrow, which makes up for the lack of harsh turns.

I agree Chenghou is possibly the toughest track. Sebenco is hard, but requires a smaller range of techniques I think: cut close on the corners, sideshift. Maybe I`m not factoring in barrel rolls, and I am less than great on either, though. Vineta K rocks for me just because it is the first Pure track, it feels fast, and I have had so many fun moments racing it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Chenghou reverse & ubermall reverse for the hardest track
    Vineta K & Moa the easiest ( both way)

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Easiest; Moa Therma and Anulpha Pass both ways.

Hardest; Chenghou Project (normal) Ubermall (reverse)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

haven't played the reverse tracks much, but i think the hardest track (for me at least) is sol2. something about -right, right, right, right, slight left, right doesn't appeal to me. I also think vineta is tricky because of the lack of gradual turns- i use the d-pad so its difficult to follow a good line. anulpha, moa, and metropia are all fairly easy. Sebenco is awesome. i hated it at first but then realised the turns are all about the approach- and its really fun trying to set yourself on the right path. Chengou's inverse camber will always be tricky, but once you learn how the hit the chicane, it' not so bad. Ubermall rocks as well, love taking finger off x at that sharp chicane to hear the engine kick back in- great sound , plus that boost plus barrel roll bit is awesome, love how that spectator protection thing is gone.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    ElSuperNova

For me the easiest track is Moa Therma Forward, i mustve put 2000 laps on that track

I dont see why you guys are saying Sebenco (r) is hard, i love it!

What Really makes me tick is Chengou, ive had such a terrible experience with that track, im not even going to see what the reverse is

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I like Venita K because of the very fact its so narrow and fast, but then I also enjoy the wideness that Moa Therma provides since it's easier to move out the way if you spot a bomb or mines ahead. Of course its got all those wide open straights which are good for smashing people with weaponry, always a joy

As for the tracks I don't feel they progressively get harder or the order they appear in would need changing. Harder tracks I'd have to say were Ubermall reverse and Chenghou forwards. Easier ones Anulpha reverse and Moa Therma in both directions.

PSN ID
    il_Nik - il_nonno_nanni - francygirl - no_stame_tocar

Hi again, mates.

easiest: Moa Therma

hardest: Chengou Project (5 explosion of mine in one race oh God, it's my fav track ) )

Just one point: I have a little experience on reverse tracks, so all the reverses are like HELL for me

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Weird how tastes differ - Vineta K is one of my favorites, especially reverse. You have to race super clean because it's so narrow, which makes up for the lack of harsh turns.
    I quite like Vineta K reverse.
    Hitting an early BR, plus slick flying through the tunnel and down the straight, and you quickly realise who's on it and whos not.

Sol2 reverse is probably the hardest in my opinion, some nasty turns hit you on bumbs, though with some slick sideshifting your quick times can feel very rewarding

Ubermall reverse isnt exactly a doddle either. Easy to clip walls on high speed corners and lose buckets of time, plus the chicane before the jump is nowhere near as simple as it is normally.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I haven't played enough of the reverse tracks to comment on the difficulty of tracks per se-- I mean, in terms of *general* difficulty for time trialing and multiplayer.

What I can say is that I struggle *a lot* with Sol 2 in getting first place finishes with "elite" AI. I don't know if that reflects my poor racing lines or missed barrel roll opportunities or whatever.

Anybody else in this position?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Make sure you use the right pitch when turning those corners, a nice smooth turn through the corner is what you want, don't swing too far out either. Once you nails the corners and pitch the Elite AI aren't so Elite anymore, I laugh in the face of those trophy collection people on other forums who whine they are too hard to beat and we can't get the trophies wah wah wah.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    ~snip~smashing people with weaponry, always a joy
    Hm... now there's a quote for Rob's random quotation feature for the front page.

PSN ID
    chboing

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    I haven't played enough of the reverse tracks to comment on the difficulty of tracks per se-- I mean, in terms of *general* difficulty for time trialing and multiplayer.

What I can say is that I struggle *a lot* with Sol 2 in getting first place finishes with "elite" AI. I don't know if that reflects my poor racing lines or missed barrel roll opportunities or whatever.

Anybody else in this position?
    same for me, havent really tried the reverse track except online.

I sure had a really hard time to get this gold medal elite on Sol2, i didnt make any BR nor used pitching that much still need to improve this part, just had some luck with weapon

now all i need is chengou elite, and the last tournament, then i'll have my elite campaign trophy and i'll be happy.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Ubermall F and Metropia R are the easiest for me

Ubermall R is hard because the design is stupid. Especially the the 2nd chicane before the ramp. I mean even when autopilot gets that turn wrong you know that isn't right