Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assegai HD's reputation?

Default Assegai HD's reputation?

Is Assegai being abused and overrated in HD like it was in Pulse? I REALLY want a fresh start with this team.

"DeaFen0" used the thread title: "Too lazy to search... So I'll Just Ask."

Not the best title to let people know what you're looking for. I've gone to the trouble to provide you with a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaFen0 View Post
    Is Assegai being abused and overrated in HD like it was in Pulse? I REALLY want a fresh start with this team.
    really??? didnt know assegai was overused. And I agree with lance, stop being lazy!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

All I can tell you is that using Assegai isn't very ''original'' from what I've seen. However it isn't overrated, it's a good ship (All the ships are good).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

thats right xavier, there is no over powered ship in HD, its all how you race them, contrary to some opinion on my loyalty to feisar, i still smoke people on the track, even as the slowest ship, and have been doing it for years. its all about your play style my friend

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I agree that Assegai is totally overplayed by everyone and their mother in wipEout HD. I wish it was more of an underground team, but as it seems it has turned into the fan-favorite. Oh well - I still won't switch just for the sake of being original. I'll just pretend everyone is using Assegai because they want to be like me

And hey, I used Assegai first

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

>_>

No, I used it first! ...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I changed my allegiance from AG-SYS to Assegai back with w3o, and never looked back since...

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Their clearly overused simply because the starts show them as identical to Feisar, except better in one aspect (couldnt say off the top of my head which one, i dont really use either...). Having a whopping 7/8 racers in a game using assegai is always funny.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oh yeah well I use them constantly from the day I unlocked them in WO3... so.....MINE!

Sometimes there seems to be a lot of people using it but then I've had races where its me in Assegai surrounded by 6 Feisars, yes really. Assegai is not overrated.

Usually these clueless people who take it get whats coming to them, eliminated.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Give it a month mate. Icarus will be the most over-rated team in WO HD. Assagai is just the flavour of the month

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

yes i think the same , there's something wrong in a good way with icaras , this isn't absolutely a complain ( it's one of my favourite team ever )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I think a lot of people are defaulting to Asegai due to it's high handling and quick jump.

Personally, I'm using Mirage as I just like the feeling. I will use Assegai if I'm playing a tourney of Chenghou, Sebenco, Sol and then the reverses, as the extra handling is mighty nice without sacrificing top end and acceleration.

PSN ID
    TearsToShreds

Well, in Speed Laps and Time Trials Icaras will obviously the best ship to get good times with, especially if you consider that Piranha handles like a brick and doesn't have the acceleration Icaras has. At least it seems to be that way, maybe it's too early too say. Usually a skilled player will get better times in a faster ship than a skilled player in a more maneouverable ship (say, Assegai/Mirage/Ag-Systems). Tame the beast.

However in Multiplayer I wouldn't pick an Icaras at Phantom speeds much. Not enough shield

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Rubix, I'd say I'm the same when it comes to the feeling of a craft. I find craft like Assegai too light for me, if I'm not trying to haul the arse-end of a freight train around a corner it just doesn't feel right. But the logic is there to explain the abundance of Assegai on the grid online, most people start off in a high handling craft and see the Assegai as the perfect balance. Whether they'll ever really get to grips with the airbrakes though is another story.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

it's something strange to explain but i feel better whe i race with ship like auricom or piranha sometimes , when i use feisar for exemple i do much mistake in turns than when i race less friendly handling ship, it was more or less the same in wo3 , i like to call it " assegai syndrome " when a ship has too much handling and sensibility and tend to "overturn" when you do a turn or a corner

don't know if i've explain myself well

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Yes you have, overturning is very easy to do in Feisar, AG, Assegai.

Really I think it's probably because so many of the WO Zone members race Assegai, and beat people online by 10 seconds or more consistently. These people then start racing Assegai, etc, etc, etc.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

no but i mean that sometimes i get racelines wrong or smack in the turn ( or after a good turn) because of the excessive turn radius of certain ship, do you can undestand what i mean ? it happens to me in the old days of wo3 everytime i race with assegai

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    Personally, I'm using Mirage as I just like the feeling.
    I am using Mirage online due also to the good feeling i got with it.
    Offline it depends on the tracks ( icaras on easy tracks , others on hardest ones)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sortevik

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix42 View Post
    Yes you have, overturning is very easy to do in Feisar, AG, Assegai.
    And from my experience, it's easy to overdo it with a Goteki 45. It feels like a brick going into the corner... then when you think you're going to have time to avoid the inside wall when you straighten out, the 10 in acceleration kicks in and it plows you into the wall. Then if I try to correct, I usually end up overcompensating and hitting the outside wall...

Or maybe I'm just a bad pilot? Anyway, I was struggling last night on Outpost 7 (Pulse) with Goteki 45 and Triakis. I gave the Assegai a shot, and I nailed it.

What I can't understand is all these people flying EG-X. Is there something special about it? It seems rather mediocre to me - it isn't super fast, doesn't have super good handling, and doesn't accellerate exceptionally well.

_glitch_