Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

good one h3avym3tal..:laugh

I personally hope SL are planning at least something for '09, but who knows.
    Although I did see Mr. Berry signed in earlier today(prays that's a good sign), so at least they're keeping track somewhat.

PSN ID
    Crobweb

We're always lurking - whilst I can't contribute anything to this thread (as elHabib said http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=69), may I direct your attention here for a moment:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...quality-ps3-3d

PSN ID
    Axellink

Hmmm are you hinting at the prospect of a 3D wipeout? hmmmmmmm

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Goddamn! WOHD is 3d must be the s-i-c-k-e-s-t thing ever! Amazing, I wish I was able to see it! (DLC would suffice though )

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Frank's look is in right now. I think he has started a new trend. Big Blues Brothers sunnies, nice.

This sounds like a really amazingly cool feature, looking forward Whats the RRP on those 3D sunnies? thats if/when they come out. Hopefully not as much as a DS3 controller. If those sunnies have polaroids with them ill be happy to buy them right now.

Timezone
    GMT -5

I believe you need a 3D capable display AND those polarized glasses for 3D.

Not 100%, but fairly sure.

There are electronic glasses that could use a standard display - they split the frames up and alternate between your eyes - showing each a different image. The downside - WOHD would have to drop to 30FPS in order for this type of 3D to work. We all know that wouldn't fly. SL has nobody to blame but themselves, for spoiling us.

The only other 3D technology that works with "standard" screens is the red/blue lenses. (which, are full of fail, in my opinion)

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

From what is written in that link, it's not heading for retail anytime soon. It was just Sony showing off

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    I believe you need a 3D capable display AND those polarized glasses for 3D.

Not 100%, but fairly sure.

There are electronic glasses that could use a standard display - they split the frames up and alternate between your eyes - showing each a different image. The downside - WOHD would have to drop to 30FPS in order for this type of 3D to work. We all know that wouldn't fly. SL has nobody to blame but themselves, for spoiling us.

The only other 3D technology that works with "standard" screens is the red/blue lenses. (which, are full of fail, in my opinion)
    I think you're absolutely right with your assumptions. As far as I know, those possibilities you listed are the most likely (and I do work quite a bit with 3D in my job), There's also a technique that separates layers of depth by color, but that wouldn't be applicable to a game without changing its colors completely.

From what I can see on the screenshot in the article showing GT5 3D, they're not using red/blue (cheap 3D) either, which leaves only 2 possibilities: a special screen (but as far as I can tell, this is a normal Sony TV on the picture), or interpolate the picture and effectively splitting the framerate 30/30 - which would suck in my opinion. No fancy 3D effect can replace smooth 60 frames. But then who knows, maybe the PS3 is even capable of running the game at 120 frames, splitting it 60/60? One can always dream...

Anyway, big thanks to Crob (and Nick in the other thread) for throwing us a bone. And remember, guys, while 3D is fancy and all that, what we really want is some new tracks for HD!
    Last edited by eLhabib; 8th January 2009 at 03:31 PM.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

3D huh? I just can't imagine how good that must look. For now though, I will have to second El's post, by saying new tracks would be greatly appreciated.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok crob if you are lurking certainly you know by now that:

WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT MOREEEE!!!

in case this haven't be noticed WE WANT MORE!!! WE WANT DLC by now bring this news at the office !

( just kidding...no about dlc it's true, c'mon guys 4 months has past bring up us something new )

however it's a week or more that i don't play WO HD , it isn't a good sign

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You should keep on playing, we've had some good races today

But yeah, I second that motion: MOAR!

And not too expensive

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DeepMix

im waiting for an addon to this game, i just feel it needs more tracks... and a patch for fixing some online issues lol

Timezone
    GMT -5

To beat a dead horse...

Some retro Wipeout tracks would rule.

Like the re-packaging that was done in Wipeout 3 Special Edition - you know, the one us Yanks didn't get.

Hook us up. While the dollar still has any purchasing power. Get on the ball, unless SL is open to bartering.

Silverstream in HD with the Aurora in the sky = sex, and an intensely difficult track, to boot!

Gardeuropea from 2097 - rain, thunderstorms and all, please.

Maybe a quick fix for freshness - how about some time / weather effects on existing HD tracks. Night-time tracks or sunset tracks would look pretty nifty.

Demanding customer, I know. But loyal!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

wipeout HD DESERVES and NEED at least a final total of 30-32 tracks as the previous instalments

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

IH8YOU ... those ideas would be awsome. i had the same thoughts on silverstream. the rain and lightning effect of gare d'europa would be sick too. me personally would like to see those, as well as platinum rush, the amphiseum, karbonis....and the infamous firestar, with some really cool volcano and lava effects

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Quote Originally Posted by IH8YOU View Post
    Silverstream in HD with the Aurora in the sky = sex, and an intensely difficult track, to boot!

Gardeuropea from 2097 - rain, thunderstorms and all, please.

Maybe a quick fix for freshness - how about some time / weather effects on existing HD tracks. Night-time tracks or sunset tracks would look pretty nifty.

Demanding customer, I know. But loyal!
    You read my mind dear sir.

PSN ID
    pildog

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    wipeout HD DESERVES and NEED at least a final total of 30-32 tracks as the previous instalments
    My God, imagine being a newbie and realising that you have to learn 30-32 tracks by heart to have any chance of getting anywhere in multiplayer!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Has anyone ever said there will be *no* DLC? Unless they have, I'll take that as silent confirmation that something is coming but they cannot say what or when (based on what I have seen regarding DLC in other games). IMO more ships and tracks are more likely than weather effects, but you never know

Personally I would love eliminator mode That, and all of Wipeout 3 in full HD! Also, I would like it right now please, thank you.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

It's the exact opposite okam. DLC has been confirmed by SL. We just need patience. Cause patience is a virtue. And 32 tracks would be a 9th world wonder.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Well if its allready been announced then we just wait, eh?