Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

wat..

Timezone
    GMT -5

Any thoughts on the following Twitter message from ButtonMasherNZ?:
    http://twitter.com/ButtonMasherNZ/status/1933323931

Quote: "Oh a new WipeOut HD title called Ultimate Racing at E3? Sounds like fun..... but is it an expansion or a standalone product?"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

The news have been relayed by a french webzine, but I guess we will have to wait for E3 to know more about it.

Since a DLC was almost confirmed by the staff, I guess it could be a HUGE DLC with a lot of tracks and modes. But how much will it be ?

Timezone
    GMT -5

As I am sure everyone else here is, I am totally jonesing for some new WipEout content of any shape or form.
    What concerns me about this news though is the title: Ultimate Racing?! There's already a Hot Wheels game called Ultimate Racing. Hopefully, it's just a working title. I remember there was a poll here for the name of the next WipEout game, and the ideas that were propsed were much catchier than... ultimate racing...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

The name may be the subtitle for the DLC, like the packs in BURNOUT Paradise.

PSN ID
    silverfoxy

I don't think Mrs Fox and baby Fox could cope with me having a new wipeout game !! Just hope its DLC

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Like someone reminds me, Studio Liverpool (Wipeout HD) and Evolution Studios (Motorstorm) were supposed to be working together on existing and future licences for the past 6 month.

Could it be this ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I hope for E3 to see the announce of the expected DLC.

The Twitter comment could be just something invented for page hits, but if true I hope its a new game and not any DLC for HD. Wouldn`t it be better for all new content to just go into a new game so that all the MIA profiles could perhaps be liberated, and we could start again with a new and more bug free game on a clean slate?

PSN ID
    Nunalho

I dont care about the name, any DLC pack for WHD will be amazing and a day one purchase. PLEASE announce it at E3 and release it soon after!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I though of :
    - Why the DLC still isn't there ?
    - Why a new name ?

As a result I though that Wipeout Ultimate Racing could be both the dlc AND the new game.

A DLC with a lot of tracks (mainly from pulse since we know a team was working of a PS2 version) and maybe lost modes (such as eliminator), but at the same time, a Blue Ray release (what WOHD lacks) with everything out so far (game, patches and that DLC) since I think the main reason behind not releasing WOHD in blue-ray was the lack of content and the BRD release can't use the same name to avoid necessary confusion.

How does it sound ...

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Extra content would help justify a Blu-Ray realease of the game, but I doubt it would happen. The only way I can imagine WipEout HD coming to Blu-Ray would be in a PSN game bundle like what can be seen on PSP with the PSN Power Pack. Of course I could be wrong on that and it could do a Last Guy, another PSN game and come to Blu-Ray even if it is only in one territory.If a relatively small game such as The Last Guy can become a Blu-Ray title then WipEout HD should have no problem.

At the moment based simply on the name it is either a tentative name for the DLC or not real at all. I do hope, like everyone else, that something is indeed coming out sometime this year.

I agree with you Sch@dows that if it were to be a Blu-Ray release it would turn out something like that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    mic-dk900

Like silverfox I can't handle a brand new game. At least not until winter sets in again.

New tracks and modes would do just fine by me.

Ultimate Racing, if a blu-ray title implies perhaps a collection of wipeout titles...thus making it the ultimate wipeout racing experience.

bit of a silly name, but really good if true.

Very silly yes, but I think I would agree that it is as a matter of fact "ultimate racing."

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    Ultimate Racing, if a blu-ray title implies perhaps a collection of wipeout titles...thus making it the ultimate wipeout racing experience.

more precisely a collection of stuff from wipeout titles to make the ultimate wipeout in one single astonishing game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post

more precisely a collection of stuff from wipeout titles to make the ultimate wipeout in one single astonishing game

excuse me for double posting, my PC gone mad, lance please cancel one
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 29th May 2009 at 03:45 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

XL styled ships plz. Would be pretty cool if it had a collection of stuff from the older games.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ProblemSolver

Hopefully "Ultimate Racing" includes the stereoscopic effect.

PSN ID
    Constrictor4U

Yeah, would be a bargain: 9 EUR for DLC + 1999 EUR for a 46" 3D capable LCD w/ shutters. Should think about installing a 3 or 4 side vr cave in my basement

Only thing that matters for me is (DL) content - whatever that will be. And this integrated into the existing HD environment. BRay version? Ok for new CUs and for those who don't want or can to PSN download. btw, for me DL is best as often as I start WOHD I don't want to become some kind of BrayDJ.