Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    Golgofier, that's a massive part of the problem. They're not sorted out many of the other issues so far. So I have little faith they can get this to work properly, no matter how much time they have.
    Yes I know they have failed so far in fixing some of the game issues that have been brought up since WO HD launched and expecting them so fix them now would be naive. However, the micro-lagging/glitching is completely unacceptable and I have to trust SL will do something about it. If they dont, it would be like a car manufacturer not fixing randomly detonating airbags (in lack of a better metaphor )
    Last edited by Golgofier; 9th April 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I agree, I hope so, and I like you're metaphor.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

They will sort it.

Saturn you have the satisfaction of being one of the best players ever of this [ current version] of this game,you times are proof.

You have to look ahead at the challenges that will BE.

Everybody that plays the game will now be on an even footing ,are you up to the NEXT challenge?

When it appears.

Go for that,the goal posts have been moved

I'll reply to the other stuff later, but I did not bitch about the physics in HD. I didn't expect them to be different from pulse, and they ended up being better than pure or pulse, which I liked. I've always said I like xl, but never expected those physics. I was happy that the bugs from the other two previous games were fixed, but now it seems they are back in (at least the Br thing). I'd like to play it, but am scared to dL it now. There is enough swearing in my house atm practicing pulse to add more. I guess in the end I'll download it because it will be required.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Hehe, I like your idea, blackwiggle, of something new and game-changing (and a bit ominous ) being right around the corner.
    I would be surprised if it's more than a couple of new tracks/ships but I hope I'll be proven wrong...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Fine, move the goal posts, but wait for me to score. There are still a lot of things in the game I can't do - moves I can't pull off. I wasn't where I wanted to be yet. If a whole new game came out then that would be a different matter. I could still play the old one, I could still enjoy it, and I could still progress. I could also start the new challenge of a new game with everyone else. I can't do the former, and I can't do the latter because the game is so buggy.

Am I the only one that sees that a load of crappy badges and other largely useless content has replaced a game which was truly amazing?

Am I the only one that sees a complete and utter lack of foresight in this update? A lack of effort, a lack of testing, a lack of intelligence. Half of the problems just shouldn't be there. They shouldn't need extensive online testing to find issues like the thing with the race times for spectators, or the fact that handling has completely changed.

It's a half-arsed update to renew interest in a game in order to make more money from people. It's cheap advertising. They add one or two things that devoted players actually want, such as no PA option, in the hope that they'll forgive them for ****ing up everything else. If they're gonna make a new game then fine. Put the effort in and make a new game. Don't give me some bullshit that ****s up a product I've paid for and put a hell of a lot of soul into just to make a quick buck. Can no-one else see that's what's happened? Seriously!

Anyway, that's it for me. Certain people have told me that they agree with me. Most aren't as pissed off as I am but some are. If one of them tells me it's improved then good, I'll give it another go. Until then you will not see me playing WipEout HD online.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 9th April 2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: good grammar>anger

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

About handling i haven't seen any difference atm, Ag sys seems to me the same it was before, also internal view hasn't changed imho.
    When i 1st race after solving the bug of the patch (thx RR ) I had 2 races to get back to normal feeling ( 1st was completely *****y due to control sheme changed, 2nd race : just because i am a diesal )

I haven't raced offline yet, will test during this coming weekend.

I am very impressed from the new patch and all the good job SL put in it

Of course i had those slowdowns ( mostly depending on who was the hoster), grey pad and BR not working all the time ( idem : depending on the hoster and possibly the rank into the race ) also some freakin impressive freezes for 2 sec ( only 5 of them during my 4 hours session) anyway except those , all the new features brang by SL worth more than a try ! i am addicted and only regret one thing = HD should have been released 2 or 3 years ago when i had the time i wanted for playing...

==> PLEASE SATURN : give it a go again matey , worth it and it's not because i have the 'saturn logo ' for my PS profile but for me the handling hasn't changed : have a look into your control and modify the % for airbrakes or else i am sure you can get back to your original feeling.
    Last edited by Asayyeah; 9th April 2009 at 07:13 PM.

PSN ID
    chboing

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    ==> PLEASE SATURN : give it a go again matey , worth it and it's not because i have the 'saturn logo ' for my PS profile but for me the handling hasn't changed : have a look into your control and modify the % for airbrakes or else i am sure you can get back to your original feeling.
    same advice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    I havent noticed any handling or physics changes (and I'd be surprised if there were any) certainly the Qirex is as it was when I set it, though admittedly thats all I used last night. I'll make an enquiry next week though.
    thank U colin let us know, anyway this supposed change is obviously more evident in the "opposite pole " ships, the heavier and the lighter

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    The DLC we have all been waiting and hoping for might not of fitted in to what we have recently been playing .
    not to be a whiny bitch mofo but for me this is an UPDATE ,a PATCH, to be more precise patch 1.30 the first considerable patch, i'm happy of this , just because it imply that the game is supported, but this isn't DLC,
    DLC are tracks, ships, modes, all this is good but i cannot consider it as DLC
    don't come to tell me that the DLC all we waiting for, the secret stuff they are working on since late october is this stuff because in that case i will stop playing immediately
    i repeat , all this is very good , thank U SL but i cannot believe over 6 months of working and waiting for us and we get this

don't want to sound direspectful
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 9th April 2009 at 07:32 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

The airbrakes settings hadn't changed on mine. I checked straight away when stinkleroy told me hers had. Mine were the same as ever but still felt wrong. I think my anger has passed a bit. Right now--->

I hope the next stage invloves getting over it. I miss all you frenchies already.

Come to think of it. Is it possible that the airbrakes settings had changed but that it just 'appeared' to be at 10%? It definitely said 10% for both sensitivities.

Someone suggested somewhere that maybe camera angles had changed slightly. This could explain why it feels different in external views but not cockpit view.

EDIT: Oh and I'm worried for guys like darkfaerytales that were awaiting DLC. I was thinking earlier that this could be the thing previously mentioned that SL were 'working' on. If so then that wouldn't be good for those who wanted new tracks etc. I'm off to play Pure now, I never did get anywhere with that one.
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 9th April 2009 at 07:32 PM.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

my handling feels different and i use default settings cos i'm lazy.
    maybe i'm just imagining it though (genuine comment, not sarcastic)

It is possible that Arnaud and others do not see a difference in the handling because they play first person, and use alot of different ships, or there is none? Playing in third person allows you to see your ship and it may look different as it is turning. Maybe I will try tonight on a TT before I download the extra content, then download, then try the TT again. I only want to use one ship, Is there any specific ship someone would like me to use, that they think feels different?

I am still worried about the Barrel roll bug, meaning not being able to do it. It wasn't able to be fixed for pure or pulse, and if all of this new content is staying in, is there any way to fix it? I would put my money down, that the spectator mode is causing it, does anyone who knows something about programming have any different ideas?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post

EDIT: Oh and I'm worried for guys like darkfaerytales that were awaiting DLC. I was thinking earlier that this could be the thing previously mentioned that SL were 'working' on. If so then that wouldn't be good for those who wanted new tracks etc. I'm off to play Pure now, I never did get anywhere with that one.
    ok, not to be direspectful again, but then this is not DLC, this cannot be call DLC
    these are a bunch of options and tiny nice logos and script on a screen, a nice bunch of cool graphics
    it's like to point a cat and pretend to call it horse
    at very cost to pass for a cynic mofo i cannot explain myself how people can be so glad for it

i will be very very happy & satisfied if and/or when we will get a couple of tracks,or ships, who maybe are something different from a dozen of logos on a screen and 4-5 although very cool options...

sorry for my cynical tone

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

I didn't say this was DLC. I referred to it as a thing. I can't exactly remember what we were told was coming. I just remember that some 'thing' was being worked on. I'm saying that I hope this thing isn't that thing and that DLC will still come.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i hope too, i'm not refering to what you said , i was refering in general way, colin was refering to DLC when he told us that the core team were working on something , just go back some pages in this thread and read

it sound too strange to me that they're working since fall 2008 to this patch...anyway i can't tell i'm not a programer
    Last edited by Lance; 9th April 2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Please follow the WZ guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

He also said he hadn't worked on the game in a while and that he couldn't say what DLC would be or when. There is always the risk that he has been informed by someone who either confused the term DLC or just doesn't use it as strictly as you or I. I did after all have to download something which could easily be considered content, not by me, but by others.

Still, the fact that they've updated the game at least shows that they're supporting it on some level and that is a promising sign for further support and some genuine quailty DLC. If I had new tracks and ships then I'd be more inclined to play again.

PSN ID
    YouAreFubar

Default Wow, it felt like it took an hour to read todays posts on this thread.....

I hope there is actual DLC to come! I personally like the update. The rank system could have been better, maybe giving points for being in top 3 only and losing points for being in the bottom 3, but apart from that the updates are good. Especially PA off and 20 lap races!!!! Thanks SL!!!!

The only issues I have along with others is micro-lag, the auto-save issue and more frequent online game freezes. About once a week after a few races I would be playing online and the game would just freeze and the PS3 becomes completely unresponsive. Id have to turn the PS3 off and reload to get back online. Last night in the hour and a half I played this happened twice, im hoping this doesnt become more regular because it is very annoying.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

ok, be realist, we race in the same 8 tracks with the same two courses/directions , with the same 12 model of ships of the same teams, in the same 5 variants ( modes , 6 if you count online )

now we have options that are available only for on-line not for off-line
    now we can choose to pilot assist on/off
    barrel rolls on/off
    invite friends, select for quit a lap in speed lap
    a spectator mode who is a mess...
    and badges who are like trophies , cool but you don't go anywhere with them...

options...

i know my pragmatism is annoying , but this is the truth, i'm a ****ing hard headed, i don't let me fooled so easily

i wonder how much time will past before people begin to feel the void again

we will see, if this is a strategic move to release before this patch focused on the on-line play for appeal more people ( and more new people ) so that when the flames are hot and hotter the DLC comes out , it's a brilliant move
    ,brilliant
    in the other case, and this stuff is what they were working, i rest in silence wordless...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    guggle

For what it's worth here's my thoughts:

I liked the update. Sure there's some glitches that need sorting, but the update as a whole has added to the experience of playing WipEout online. The hanging at the start was probably the most scariest part for me!! I thought that my beloved game had been trashed for good. A quick search of Google soon solved that problem though!!

I like the feature that now allows you to see ALL races - in the past most of the time you had no idea if anyone was actually racing. Also the ability to see your friends and join them is great!

Someone in an earlier post mentioned the Leech Beam seemed to slow you down more. I absolutely agree with that. I also felt the controller vibrate more violently while being leeched. The bomb proximity problem finally has been fixed, but it took a bit of getting used to. I think it was LOUDandPROUD who said in an earlier post that the physics have changed as well. I tend to agree although it's hard to nail exactly what has changed, but for the first hour or so last night I was all over the place and got severely hammered.

The spectator mode need addressing, its very jerky, and would be good if you could rotate the view of the camera. However, as I said earlier, this is just one of those glitches that I'm sure will be fixed.

All in all, a good job, and can't wait for the fixes and the next one!!!

PSN ID
    chboing

sorry bad post
    Last edited by chboing; 10th April 2009 at 08:01 AM.