Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

a day and night cycle patch would be nice...

I'm really impressed with the Burnout Paradise one and how they give players the option of syncing the day and night cycle to the PS3s clock...

SL...maybe taking a leaf out of Criterion's book is not such a bad thing...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

when i see the treatment burnout paradise and motorstorm has been subjected...

c'mon these games has sell so much well?! yesterday i've download the motorstorm pacifict rift demo, tastes are tastes ok, and yes the game is funny, but actually i don't think that it is any better that wipeout hd

burnout i do not have seen yet, but i think if in the places of cars there're ag crafts it would be much cool and sure would like to me
    c'mon guys after have raced on an ag craft there's no turning back! cars became obsolete, after wipeout experience there is any turning back!

by the way, at SL all seems dead, anyone has seen colin or crob around recently...umm pretty suspicious

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

You guys have me thinking when talking about Burnout Paradise. It's a great game. I've been a fan of the series and had Paradise on the first day. It's certainly much different than the earlier releases. Completely open environment. Which brings me to the point of not getting too OT here.

I think it would be cool (maybe) if you had open worlds in Wipeout. Not necessarily replacing the tracks which is after all the heart of Wipeout but different "worlds" that you could fly around in all over the place. You could still have the weapon pickups and have races for point A to point B but how you got there would be up to you. Or a free-for-all elimination mode. Fly anywhere picking up weapons and blasting anyone in you way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

cool ideas craw

uff in meantime SL could release some single packs before the big DLC ,if they still working on something big, as motorstorm or burnout have done who have packs with one or two cars only and then the big dlc with updates modes ec.ec.

maybe a single pack with one ot two crafts... ehm van uber...anyone or just one team and one track, or some new team...or puma I? how cool was puma I in pure! what a design was that!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think any DLC will follow the same route it has done for PULSE,content wise [Hopefully with US release this time]
    That being one or two extra craft and two additional tracks each download pack,and eventually having four download packs in total.
    This would makes sense if you count the amount of empty cells in the different grids.[129 or 131 I've forgotten,but it works out exactly]
    Going on how the format is within the current Campaign mode.
    It allows for one TT,SL [at each speed] and Zone event on an additional eight tracks,and also allows for additional Tournaments at each speed with the added tracks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

i wish you work at studio liverpool blackwiggle!
    wow so with 1 or 2 extra ship with each additional pack, where you find enough ship hehehehe, tracks wise we have in abundance, but ships...umm pretty intriguing

by the way this game really needs some more extra 1 or 2 modes, the reintroduction of elimination mode is priority i think, cause many many people miss it, then that head2head mode who appears in the game features in early development and in the end has been scrapped

anyway your reasoning work, actually that is the best scenario possible, i think, sure many more events with the new tracks will be needed( as in pulse right? in pulse you have the campaign event too with the new dlc tracks & ship , right? ) ... US realase is assured by the moment will be a dlc, at this moment the game still going too well for scrap an US dlc release

PSN ID
    Crobweb

Quote Originally Posted by darkfaerytales View Post
    ...umm pretty suspicious
    Still here - why suspicious?

Yeah, but even if they do they won't release anything else new the week after. It'll probably be another couple of months before we get more dlc after the first release of dlc. It's just not good enough! They should be releasing new stuff every week! In fact, they should make Sony allow them to update the PSN Store every day rather than every Thursday! Daily DLC is the only acceptable solution; right now Studio Liverpool are just lazy gits! If Wipeout wasn't totally awesome I would so not be playing it all the time! Get your act together!

N.B. The dlc had better be free!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I dunno guys, I have the feeling we will be getting something before the end of the year...*

*that's pure guessing, and wishful thinking, of course.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I remember Asa saying he was getting a present from SL before Xmas,and that was ages ago.
    So something must be completed and ready to go.
    So I think your guess could be correct elhabib.

I don't really care about when it is, but when they release track packs I hope they do it via patching (like the Battlefield games do). By which I mean: everyone get's a new version update for the game which includes the new tracks, and in the store you can buy and download an unlock key. If you buy the key you can play on the new tracks in single player / split screen, and you can host and join online games using those tracks. If you don't buy the key then you can still join online games with those tracks, but nothing else. Same with teams: if you buy the key you get to play as the new teams, if you don't then you still get to join games where other people are using them.

Actually, that must be how they'll release it, right? Splitting the online games up into people who have expansions and people who don't would be retarded (think about how many variations there would be with 2 track packs, never mind 3 or more).

I agree. That`s how it`s done in Everybody`s Golf and it works very well. If it`s not done like that it will be a dog`s dinner online, basically.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

HAHAA how are you crob!?

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

wipeout hd is too big a release to muck about. They should take the warhawk route and have a proper expansion. Forget lots of little track/craft updates. Forget a disc based release. They need to think Wipeout XD. The X stands for extreme!

8 tracks, 8 craft, improved community based multiplayer, and home integration. They could turn it into a yearly release, like a Madden. Wipeout 09. Sweet!

Why not? The community is here, and well pay for it. I don't mind waiting for it either. The engine is all done, and the physics work fine.

It either that or they need to work on a new colony wars/krazy ivan/destruction derby/barbarian/gpolice.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Maybe Wipeout HD could be like GT5's prologue. Keep building onto it, before one massive update would you probably pay for to update to the full final version.

personally i'd like them to take their time and make an awesome new wipeout, taking some stuff from HD and a lot from the series as a whole and come back with a full release, with full features, fully tested and kick ass. Also new colony wars on the ps3? YES!

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I doubt a new one will come around too quickly, itll be a hell of a task to polish the gameplay further.

If they can Iron out the bugs, make some subtle gameplay changes, add in an invite function, add more information to the record tables (clicking on individual players to see wins/losses etc), add a few weapons, tracks, and teams; and HD could go from potentially the best wipeout ever, to undeniably the best wipeout ever.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    personally i'd like them to take their time and make an awesome new wipeout, taking some stuff from HD and a lot from the series as a whole and come back with a full release, with full features, fully tested and kick ass. Also new colony wars on the ps3? YES!
    not before a new rollcage...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

^HAHAHA!
    That would be awesome! RC with HD's graphics yehaaw \o/

eL I'm with you I wish we get something before the end of the year

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

so there're rumors and hopes of a content release before xmas or before end of the year...i wonder when since xmas holidays comes in 10-12 days and the end of year will coming in 20 days, and there aren't any official word yet