Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT -5

I've read through this thread as carefully as I could and I didn't see an answer to this yet: The log out of PSN workaround: do you have to do that every time you start WOHD? Or does it fix the problem after the first time?

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

I think the most shocking thing about this update for me was getting to see how many people actually use PA online. 5/7 phantom games last night were PA enabled.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Quote Originally Posted by aerobie View Post
    I've read through this thread as carefully as I could and I didn't see an answer to this yet: The log out of PSN workaround: do you have to do that every time you start WOHD? Or does it fix the problem after the first time?
    Couldn't say but yesterday when the game froze at startup I used the workaround. This morning I forgot about it but it didn't freeze. Hopefully, that means they've fixed things up a bit, server side.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

how many of you feels something strange in the handling?

yesterday i've no time to test some out, now i've just finished some races of OFF-LINE game, i've used only the archetypal ships, the poles apart ones, feisar-harimau-assegai then triakis-piranha-auricom

-now seems there's no edge beetween the ships of the same kind, feisar seems heavier than before, harimau too, now harimau seems even a 8 handling ship if not under

the heavier ships feels lighter and lighter heavier, than before

-TRIAKIS seems SPEEDIER and LIGHTER!

-seems the handling edge have been closed now beetwen the extremes
    personaly i don't like this thing, if it is true

i'm very confused, someone should come out and confirm this things, if these tweaks have been done for real , or these are just all tricks of mind, or many people will turn crazy!

i've noticed other many things but for now i want to focus/talk/get in depht on this argument which i'm more keen and worried about

guys PLAY OFF-LINE TOO!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by Golgofier View Post
    Couldn't say but yesterday when the game froze at startup I used the workaround. This morning I forgot about it but it didn't freeze. Hopefully, that means they've fixed things up a bit, server side.
    I've read another workaround for the freeze was to delete the saved data. So, I think it's not a server side fix, but saved data were updated after playing yesterday allowing the game to works fine after 1 use of the PSN disconnection workaround

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

stinkleroy: games with PA enabled are not necessary games with PA players.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Well, the update got on to Slow-taku for the wrong reasons. And this doesn't even acknowledge the issues we've been talking about here.

Though, honestly, as I said earlier I must be playing a different game where 1.30 isn't fecking up as badly as other people are saying. I still have my save game, custom controller settings, etc. Aside from a few weird disconnects that hurt my rank, this new update is the bee's knees for now. But I will gladly take a v1.31 soon.

As for Triakis being faster, I like that. Now Triakis won't be totally useless.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

It's good to know I wasn't the only one where the controls didn't reset. I would have noticed too; I use a Saturn pad with 6 face buttons.

The new issues that have risen due to the update do need to be addressed but some of them have been blown out of proportion a bit. Fundamentally the game is still the same only with a few handling tweaks and weird barrel rolls. The thing that needs fixing the most is the freezing and pausing because that is really irritating. Icaras feels different and I've found a friend in Auricom which was unexpected.

I think we should try to be positive about this. It was a good update for features, but had a few unexpected things added in.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Cerbis

I'm not sure if it's due to my relative inexperience, but I haven't noticed any handling changes. My Piranha feels the same as it's always felt in the corners! (Why hello outer barrier, care for a cuppa tea?)

If there's any changes, perhaps it's to the camera? Somehow it feels a bit more... I'm not sure, but maybe the camera has been tweaked to follow your craft a bit better? The camera doesn't seem to feel quite as... "loose" as before.

Can anyone pinpoint any definite changes to the handling?

I haven't downloaded it yet because of the problems I am hearing about. Here a few possible constructive questions I hope could be addressed by SL

1) Is the game laggy/framerate slower due to people watching in specator mode. If so, could there be an option to turn Spectator Mode OFF

2) If the Barrel Rolls not happening due to lag cannot be fixed, Can there be an option to not download this patch?

3) I love new material for the game, but not if it is going to hurt the GAMEPLAY, that finally came into it's own in HD, where the framerate was excellent, minimal lag, and Barrel rolls worked 95% of the time.

4) Is the game the same speed as before, with the physics being what seems to be slightly different?

5) I really liked the Physics where they were, A little more grippy than pure, but less than pulse, does it feel more like pulse now?

PSN ID
    chboing

Quote Originally Posted by Amorbis View Post
    I think we should try to be positive about this. It was a good update for features, but had a few unexpected things added in.
    thx !
    totally agree
    people whinning everywhere are a bit boring imho

edit: i upped 2 or 3 multiplayer race time of mine with this new update ... so cant be THAT bad !
    Last edited by chboing; 9th April 2009 at 05:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

1}You didn't "Originally " like the Physics the way they were,You, I, and everybody else bitched about how HD differed from other Wipeouts in that regards.
    We got used to it,took a while ,but it happened [apart from Infoxicated that wouldn't have a bar of the BR situation,{could there be a reappearance?} ]

2] The handling Physics have changed ,SL's PR Department can go blue in the face trying to tell us otherwise [they haven't] but only those who know the game can truly tell.

3] BR's have DEFIANTLY changed, well the Chance of execution has, that's diminished by a huge amount,not just at the oblique points ,but most noticable at the most previously prominent points.

4] Speed changes are debatable,it depends if /how many Spectators are viewing/waiting for entry into said game.
    You get the occasional lag free game,but only if it has a full field of 8.
    That seems to be the depending factor.

5] Not having played PULSE online myself I am not qualified to answer,but from what messages I have got & replied to it would seem this is so.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    As for Triakis being faster, I like that. Now Triakis won't be totally useless.
    ok, i'm more than happy of this, i'm not happy that ships like harimau and feisar feels heavier and behave like crazy horses sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbis View Post
    If there's any changes, perhaps it's to the camera? Somehow it feels a bit more... I'm not sure, but maybe the camera has been tweaked to follow your craft a bit better? The camera doesn't seem to feel quite as... "loose" as before.
    then...definitely i'm not totally crazy, i've noticed something changed in camera too, seems the ships are slighly far, higher angle , so sligthly little on screen...am i a paranoid?
    then, if i haven't noticed this before now and there alwais was, feel free to offend me :
    at start some ship like triakis aren't entirely on the camera, the exhaust are for 1/4 cut out of screen, other ships like harimau,feisar are completely on camera and there is space leftover

definitely someone from SL or Sony must come out and say something about, or there will start a thread

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

If the update hadn't screwed up so badly then yeah, sure, great. So many people are whining because it's crap. It's perfectly justified. Besides, if I don't whine, then what am I supposed to do while I'm avoiding WipEout like the plague because it's been ruined? Maybe I'll just play offline, supposedly that's not affected too badly.

A lot of the issues seem to show a complete lack of thought. Spectators are coming top of records tables. That's ludicrous. Ship handling has changed. Why? There's no good reason for it. Barrel rolls don't work properly. If you don't like them then fine, but I've worked hard at them and now they don't work at all half the time. There were bad lag issues before, but instead of doing something to fix them them they pile on a load of stuff that makes it worse. Yeah, brilliant idea.

The whole online interface is, in my opinion, very messy now. Before we had less "features" but at least it was a fairly sleek setup and was a game I loved and had played more than any other game I've ever owned. Actually, there's a good chance I've played WipEout HD more than all other games I've owned put together. No joke!

Maybe they should have introduced things gradually and tested them out rather than shoving them all in there in one go only for the majority of them to not work well at all and for the basic game dynamic to be completely screwed.

I havent noticed any handling or physics changes (and I'd be surprised if there were any) certainly the Qirex is as it was when I set it, though admittedly thats all I used last night. I'll make an enquiry next week though.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I've been playing Wipeout before the vast majority of current players were born.

Every incarnation of this game has been slightly different.
    Some have sucked [Fusion} but this game has always had a phoenix looking over it.

This update/Patch should be considered as a basically NEW VERSION of HD.

I think,the thinking behind this update has a lot of "Be Prepared" about it.

The DLC we have all been waiting and hoping for might not of fitted in to what we have recently been playing .

A new, bold,different version,what we have been requesting WIPEOUT might hit us all very soon.

ADJUST .

If you stand still you are a target ....SL has never been a Target.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

OK, so it's a new game. So who stole my old game and how can I get it back? How does anyone have the right to:
    1. Take something I've paid for away from me?
    2. Render the hundreds of hours I've spent playing and improving all but useless?

Give me the option to also play the game as it was in its standard guise and I'll be happy. Until then I'll just be pissed.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Golgofier

Well, this is the risk every game developer runs when implementing changes in an already established game.
    Some will embrace the changes, some will not. Some will be happy with whats been done and feel it has made the game even better, while some will feel like they've been stabbed in the back and will want their old game back.

I hear what you're saying Saturn and I agree with you on some points, but not enough to sway me from playing. If you and others feel this update has completly ruined the game for you, well that really sucks and I'm sorry for you! It would be a real shame if WO lost fine players because of this. Personally though, I feel it's made an already awesome game even better, aside from the lag/glitch issues which I trust SL will sort out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Golgofier, that's a massive part of the problem. They're not sorted out many of the other issues so far. So I have little faith they can get this to work properly, no matter how much time they have.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Regardless of the minor hiccups with the update, I'm very happy with it. The new features of online are great imo. Badges make every race or tourny interesting, over and over again.

I do however hope that a fix for the framerate stutters arrives soon. It has cost me more than one race already.

I actually like how the options are displayed, it's much easier to read.(maybe not the races in a tourny, but still) I do think also that races in progress should be a dark grey instead of the blue, and full races in black or red.

The ranking system may have to grow on me. I'm not too keen on the way it reverts you back to the rank you were before the race, or races. I think it should keep those races you've completed as your added ranking. DC's happen and isn't quite fair in that regard.