Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Superpj - before launching the game - under playstation network (XMB) - press triangle - and log out of PSN. Launch the game, after it's up, log back in.

I had the same issue where it would freeze - and after I did that - it *appears to be working*

Shh, don't let it hear you say that!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Just had a couple of 20 lap Phantom speed no BR or weapon races with Klax75 and motorsagmannen.
    Icarus is defiantly the craft for that if your smooth.

PSN ID
    d4onps

could somebody kindly point the way to the game manual. i heard it's been updated with the new features and i'd like to read it. thanks!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The game manual is inside the game itself.
    Next best thing is www.wipeouthd.com

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Feisar31

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    6) The steering seems to have been tweaked slightly, as I had a noticeably easier time maintaining control of my ship and my lines. Either that, or I had a REALLY good day lol. I'm very curious as to whether or not anyone else feels the same way on this one.
    I felt I noticed something different about the ship handling as well ... hard to say though.

The leech beam is definitely a better weapon now: does it take more health too? The bomb fix and the changes to the mines are great. The collision detection for the mines seemed to be more precise: I was able to squeeze past them or around them more easily.

The glitching when people join your game is pretty awful; something really needs to be done about that. For now I'll try to join games when they aren't in progress, if there are plenty of slots available. I also had the game freeze in the middle of a race when I was hosting--had to shut off the PS3.

The automatic starting of the race has also changed, right? The timer comes up way too fast when you're coming back from an 8-player race, and I also had a race start automatically when I had left it on the ship select screen for a moment (as the host).

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

What's with people exploding at the start?

That happened a few times,not to me,but their carcasses were left strewn across the starting grid and they are a bit off putting at first,I wondered what this large black lump was lying across the track.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Those are the people that dropped at the start or in the previous race in the tournament.

I personally love it. A glorious explosion at the start of every race!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    phaeton_pl

Did anyone played ZONE mode after an update? I noticed a slight change in graphics when the "named" zones are changing? It looks like a strong light flash/more blurring effect? Or is my TV changing setting by itself? OK, I FOUND ANOTHER TOPIC.

Racing online was a big lag-fest for me, hope its due the number of players online.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think the exploding ships at the start are going to go the way the little nationality flags that used to appear near the players name [over the craft] whilst racing online.

It [the exploding ships] only happened on a few occasions then it stopped,even though the situation was the same,pity I kind of liked it,even though it really startled me when I first saw it.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Its Consistent for me. Hell you exploded a few times yourself off the finish line!

Pun intended...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Explosion = disconnected.

I have been disconnected. The worse disconnect you can get.

3-2-1-GO! Turbo start! KABOOM "Network Error" complete with screen tearing and snow. Yes, snow. Like this:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

I found that if the person disconnected out of the tournament (8 races) in lets say the 3rd race. He/She Continued to Explode at the start of every race till the 8th one was completed.. Maybe its a Bad glitch

It looks Damn cool though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Exploding ships are annoying the first times, but i don't care now.

I don't know about the bomb proximity bug before (didn't played online very much) but I find it very inaccurate today (v1.30). I evade several bomb, but it still explodes although I didn't touch it (and it wasn't another guy fault).

Contrary to the mines, you really have to be far from the bomb for it not to explode.

I want new races, eliminator, easier lecture of the online board (race in progress, races included in a tournament, etc.)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Bombs Were horribly Coded into the online system.It seemed to be that if you ran straight at it (Prior 1.3) the bomb wouldnt go off but if you went ANYWHERE in the general proximity of it, it would detonate.

1.3 has seemed to Rectify this Maybe... Once Ive "hit" a bomb that I shouldnt of "hit" Every other time it was my Crappy piloting or Another Pilots Great placement that took me out.

On a side note... anybody notice a Increased frequency of "blue" weapons popping up? Same goes for quakes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Oki, thank you for the bomb history.

For the weapons, I didn't notice anything special. I still have useless items (shield, mines, bomb, autopilot, plasma, etc.) when I'm in 2nd position, and the 1st is right in front of me u_u

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Oki, thank you for the bomb history.

For the weapons, I didn't notice anything special. I still have useless items (shield, mines, bomb, autopilot, plasma, etc.) when I'm in 2nd position, and the 1st is right in front of me u_u

PSN ID
    MR-RICO84

I think there is a definite improvement in your chance of picking up a useful weapon now! I managed to claw back about 7 seconds over the last lap and a half against a really good pilot over 8 laps (He/she was still about 6 secs a ahead (they where really really good honest guv!))
    A few weeks ago I was racing with just me and subtotal and we where almost predicting what weapons would be picked up as we went along, i.e. the guy in front getting loads of boosts and auto pilots and the guy behind get zilch.
    Now it seems you get handed everything you need to make a good fight of it every time! (If you have the skill to which I do not)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

studio liverpool have prove that they listen to the request and wishes of the people, within the limits of their power if they can do a thing, i think they do it
    some people want BR on/off, they have done
    some wants more trophies/acchievements they have put the badges & ranking
    a friend of us here and other people wants so much an on/off option for the pilot assist , they've done
    and so on

now i have one serious request, please pay attention to me and listen , please:

PLEASE SL THE SINKING PROBLEM CAN BE FIXED IN A FUTURE PATCH

this still ruin my racing experience, expecially moa therma reverse, in the chicane before the tunnel, i cannot use anymore a wider ship like mirage, everytime i do the left-right-left my ship sink considerably under the track... it's a mess...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I wonder if what you previous/total badge count awarded to you for particular "Known methods" has any outcome on what you now pick up when running over weapons pads.

A sort of AI of weapons pick ups depending on your method of online play.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Feisar31 View Post
    The collision detection for the mines seemed to be more precise: I was able to squeeze past them or around them more easily.
    Yup, I noticed this, as well!