Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think I'll wait until KIGO1987 installs the patch [guinea pig].

Because if anything can go wrong with electronics it will happen to him.

Be prepared for Kigo setting a new record for swear words in one post

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Vartazian

Def Like the patch so far. Already rank 8 =)

First I noticed is that Barrels are Nigh impossible right now.

The little lag spikes are a tad annoying though.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

Game works if im signed out of the PSN when I load up the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Loving this patch, the 10 laps races are fantastic, they're long enough so that the starting
    position matters less than on a 5 laps race, and you need endurance too

Now if they can solve the slowdown, we'll get a perfect game here!

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Tonight was the first night online and there was bound to be problems. I'm gonna wait and see for a few days before I make my judgement....it's just been nice to have something to get excited about in the world of wipeout again

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Just finished playing for about an hour and a half with a bunch of Zoners. My observations/experiences:

1) Had the "freeze up at the autosave info screen" deal happen, which was solved by logging out of PSN before loading the game, as already reported.

2) Plenty of lag and a lot of difficulty executing barrel rolls in the first room I was in.

3) Not nearly as much lag and much easier barrel roll execution (still not as easy as usual though) in the 2nd room I was in.

4) The bomb proximity problems have been fixed.

5) Mines have a bright green glow to them now, making them much easier to spot from a distance and in poorly lit sections of track.

6) The steering seems to have been tweaked slightly, as I had a noticeably easier time maintaining control of my ship and my lines. Either that, or I had a REALLY good day lol. I'm very curious as to whether or not anyone else feels the same way on this one.

7) Randomness of weapon pickups has been tweaked? I don't know...something seemed different. Maybe they give you what you need a little more? Not really sure...

8 - Oh, of course, I also experienced the little in-game micro-freezes on numerous occasions. Not more than twice during one race though...and sometimes not at all. Definitely has to be fixed though, as I flew off the track on Sol 2 a couple of times thanks to those little freezes.

9) Tried spectator mode and it was horrible. Somethings clearly wrong with it, as everyone I watched (good pilots) were all over the track, crashing into walls, going THROUGH walls, etc. Clearly not working properly.

10) Voice chat is WORSE, which I didn't think was possible.

Overall, I had a blast racing, even with the bugs that need fixing. Also, I concur with Soccermom completely on the whole server/bugs thing. We definitely have to be patient. This is just how it goes with these things. It will all be sorted out soon enough, for sure. I'm very happy with the direction SL went with these improvements! Lastly, I found it funny that the only badge I seemed to be getting (and I got it a whole bunch of times) was the "speed pad" badge. I assume that's for the pilot who hits the most speed pads...never realized I was so speed pad conscious or that I hit more of them than most folks (at least of the Zoners I played against tonight). Found that to be interesting. I'd really like a detailed breakout of all the badges to be posted soon!
    Last edited by LOUDandPROUD; 9th April 2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention a couple of things...

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    HISHO-JP-

The update came to japan.

The game freezes in auto save information, when started WOHD with signing up.
    The game freezes more often than older version.(While online racing, and the game room)

SL should release ver1.31 to fix them.
    Last edited by HISHO[JP]; 9th April 2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Bug must be fixed before releasing updates.

PSN ID
    Amorbis

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    3) Not nearly as much lag and much easier barrel roll execution
    6) The steering seems to have been tweaked slightly
    I have to agree with you on those two points. Barrel rolls are for some reason harder to pull off, quite hard to explain. Maybe it has to be done quicker now to prevent happy accidents? If that is the case it should be a good thing. Steering wise I found it to be slightly easier to control the 6 handling ships than usual. I've been testing out Auricom as a possible candidate for a team transition and it is easier to handle than before yesterday. Maybe it's just a trick of the mind .

Hopefully the barrell roll thing is worked out. It was finally close to being right after pure and pulse randomness, only now to be hit and miss. Surely, can this be fixed with the additional content, which seems to be causing it. Is it neccesary to download this before playing the game?

playing online - yes

Having not played the game for around 5months (development will do that to you) I put it on tonight to check out the new online patch. Early discussions on the badges and ranking aside (last October) I've kept away from it whilst it was being worked on, leaving the design in the more than capable hands of Karl Jones as I muck about on other things. Well my 30mins run out to check things out, turned into 2 and a half hours of online races and my first case of 'playstation thumb' for a good few weeks.

Minor teething problems aside (logging out to load up) I'm really happy and impressed with things, the implementation of the badges and rankings has added a new dimension and raises excitement about what might be coming next in terms of DLC.

Think I made it to rank 7 with about a dozen badges, had some really cool races too, got my arse kicked more times than I care to say though

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm hoping things will settle down a bit before I install the new patch [same thing happened with the previous one so I was expecting teething problems].
    Colin can you explain or get somebody else to explain what the situation is with Spectator mode?
    I mean how many spectators a game can have and if it is effected by the amount of players actually racing.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    6) The steering seems to have been tweaked slightly, as I had a noticeably easier time maintaining control of my ship and my lines. Either that, or I had a REALLY good day lol. I'm very curious as to whether or not anyone else feels the same way on this one.
    then, it wasn't just an impression of mine, i did want to ask someone if the game physics was changed in some way, end/or graphics, cause since the first races after the patch i have had the costant sensation the game wasn't the same

i had few races, i raced off-line too, using harimau and after triakis, then mirage, it seems something like the grip had increased , i've the feeling of driving a ball linked to a thread in some turns, the centrifugal force seems to have an even greater effect now...i think ( and i still doubt anyway, until someone or something with an official word comes out confirming it ) that this sensation was because was like two weeks than i didn't play...but now that i read this...

i have had quite strange races with triakis ( harimau too )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I don't think the steering has been tweaked, at least I didn't notice any difference in my trusty Auricom...

Yes, the mines have a glow now, which is good, and the bombs seem to be consitently avoidable on track. Also, leech beam now slows down the leeched craft a lot more than it did originally (which was almost unnoticeable).

And yes, I think the BRs need quicker execution now it seems. Also, I think their sound has been slightly changed...

Oh and 20 lap avalon races are the BOMB

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I haven't tried it yet but by the reports coming in it seem the pitch might of been tweaked,that would account for the BR's being harder to do and the craft handling seeming firmer.

PSN ID
    superpj1

Quote Originally Posted by djKyoto View Post
    Just got the update, game doesn't work anymore.
    Playstation crashes during the 'Autosave reminder' screen just before the main menu.

My games peachy reliability has gone
    Same here ! Game freezes at the auto-save screen. I'll try to disable internet connexion to see if it fixes the bug.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Colin can you explain or get somebody else to explain what the situation is with Spectator mode?
    I mean how many spectators a game can have and if it is effected by the amount of players actually racing.
    Your game has 8 slots.
    Any slots not filled during a race can be spectator slots.
    Spectators are added to the host lobby screen thing, just as if they joined a race not in progress, but additionally get a screen with the status of the race, like current leader, track, laps done and the spectat0rize button

PSN ID
    FatScarf

anyone else notice some sort of tweaking to the effect when you progress through tiers in Zone? Like a slightly new blur or bloom effect... or maybe i'm going weird. Great job Colin and the rest of the team. SCE Liverpool/Psygnosis ftw.

ah nm, found the thread about zone changes.
    Last edited by FatScarf; 9th April 2009 at 02:33 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ eLhabib - Good call on the Leech Beam slowing you down more. I absolutely noticed the same thing, but forgot to mention it in my earlier post. I got the feeling that the effect of being hit by other weapons was slightly tweaked, as well...might just be me though.

Overall, the game just feels a little more real to me after the update...I don't know how else to put it. I'm liking it though.