Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

It's still a pile of **** from where I'm sitting. Completely uncontrollable! However, my settings didn't reset themselves like some people's did so maybe something has gone wrong. Also, if I get hit with any weapon then I'm left stranded for about 5 seconds. My ship just doesn't go anywhere. This happened sometimes before if I got pwned at close range. But now anything except cannon just leaves me screwed. I want the old game that I know and love back. This has completely ruined my evening.

I can see where you are coming from Saturn.

I could hardly play with the freezing earlier but I managed to win a couple of races. Im hoping when I jump on in a bit it will be back to normal.

One game earlier on Ubermall I was out in front and the weapons pads were not active for me!! Needless to say without shield I was quaked/missiled quite soon after. Has there been any changes to this gameplay element... or was it just a lagfest? The funny thing was the pad was not even lit up. I know sometimes due to lag it doesnt register - but at least then the pad was still lit up!

Had a look at spectator and the ship I was viewing was flying 'high in the sky' in Sol 2 - not on the track

Please - can someone confirm its now playable?

PSN ID
    JJohnEames

Im not loving it as much as i thought i would either, my ps3 keeps crashing and im expieriancing lag or the first time ever.Im hoping its cause so many are online,otherwise a patch is needed asap.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

One great big lag-fest

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Not actually played a game yet, so I'll hold judgment on that one. But from what i have seen its all a bit confusing.

The lobby was busy with people trying it out, all with their own thing going on. There is a lot to take in regarding info on the bottom of the page. Can we join any game as a spectator or just ones that are enabled? The one i was watching with Wotan, Greenix and pirhapac was ****, there was no way they were flying like that, all over the place and slow as hell. I won't be using that feature if that is what it is like. Also I was getting a lot of network errors trying to join games.

I wish they would test these things out a bit more rigorously before unleashing them on to the general public as we will invariably end up disappointed.

I'm sure they will get these things sorted, it would be nice not to have the problems to begin with though.

Nice to get it so quickly, I'm sure it will add to all our enjoyment eventually.

Anyone got any of these badges yet?

Yeah, I got...

Fastest Lap
    Hightest Top speed
    Most Aggressive
    Photo Finish (beat 2nd place by 0.25 sec)

I see also there is 'most air time' ...

Also there is a badge........for not getting any badges

PSN ID
    Amorbis

I'm getting quite a bit of lag from time to time. When I get hit by a missile it slows down a bit and from any other weapons. Random pauses are a nuisance and can really mess things up.

The medals are fine, nothing wrong with them. The ranking works well too. Maybe another patch is needed to sort out the problems this one created.

PSN ID
    chboing

sure you get a bagde each race ... for example : fastest lap, or rocket user ... anything

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    I'm sure they will get these things sorted,...
    How sure? I ask because I don't think they've sorted many (any?) of the problems people have had before with accounts messing up and general lag issues. They've tried with the frozen out accounts but failed.
    I'm afraid I lack a little faith but am hoping that it will at least be a bit better when traffic is lower. I hope people stop using the spectate function too because it just looks crap anyway and messes up the game for those that are in it. If that's the way people seem to be racing based on the data that's transferred then no wonder there seems to be so much ramming online.

Anyway, right now I'm still annoyed. This update looked so promising, but then it boned me in the face. It sucks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Soccermums

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    I had this problem too with the freezing autosave screen, a fix for this appears to be to sign out of the PSN before you start HD then sign in when you click the online tab in the game.
    Thanks a lot ... this post really saved my day!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

Unhappy V1.30 fcuked up loading

to my horror after the v1.30 update my game wont start at all anymore. just suddenly stops loading and the hdd indicator gos black as coal, i hope this is only temporary cause ive been trying three times now with 30 min intervalls and it happends every time x(.

Edit: and i might add that when this happends the ps3 freezes totally to so i have to switch it off by holding the master off switch on the console
    Last edited by Motorsagmannen; 8th April 2009 at 09:38 PM.

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Saturn: Hehe now you mention it, not that sure .

I was just trying to be nice to SL and Sony

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SaturnReturn

@Motorsagmannen: Wow, I was wrong. It boned you in the face. Ah well, you're not missing much right now. I hope you get it fixed though. Might have to try reinstalling.

PSN ID
    chboing

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnReturn View Post
    How sure? I ask because I don't think they've sorted many (any?) of the problems people have had before with accounts messing up and general lag issues. They've tried with the frozen out accounts but failed.
    I'm afraid I lack a little faith but am hoping that it will at least be a bit better when traffic is lower. I hope people stop using the spectate function too because it just looks crap anyway and messes up the game for those that are in it. If that's the way people seem to be racing based on the data that's transferred then no wonder there seems to be so much ramming online.

Anyway, right now I'm still annoyed. This update looked so promising, but then it boned me in the face. It sucks!
    come on chill man, get some sleep and come back tomorrow you'll see this update is ok, there is only a little issue when people come to spectate, but it'll be fixed prolly soon, dont worry
    trust SL man !

PSN ID
    d4onps

i don't understand the rankings. are they just the ones under records for each track? or is there a world ranking ladder? or is that what the "rank" is? but it seems like that's just tied to how many games you play. can you actually lose a "rank"?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Connavar

Some notes:
    - looks like the BOMB problem has been solved, GREAT news
    - lots of freezings, maybe because of spectators => BAD
    - sometimes BRs are impossible to execute, including easy ones that were
    a 100% earlier... maybe because of slowdown, interrupting the controls?
    - a lot more people playing the game, or at least visible

I would add to that list the weapons pad problem - its weird seeing it on the track and not delivering weapons / not being lit up red!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

what we all want is more people playing HD, so it is viable for 'the man' to release more content, not less so we can have a smooth game. Are all lag issues down to spectator mode? I would of just preferred one view as a spectator and that would be whatever the pilot is seeing.

I don't want to criticize too much as this update is good news regarding DLC. But as a fully paid up member of the playstation fan club, and having spent probably thousands of pounds on games, accessories and the like. I'm getting the feeling Sony are taking the piss with their online sevices.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Well, i agree with connavar and kgb, is this that difficult to have a decent online service ?

Let's wait and see !

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BornToBeMild

Either i'm imagining things....or Zone Mode looks and feels much smoother.
    Nice and blurry too.
    Love it!