Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: When the first download content will be released?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Most of the core team remain on the project though and are working on DLC.
    In regards to whether or not we'll be getting DLC, which is what we were all wondering, that's definitive in my book. Maybe not official, but certainly definitive...

Thanks for the scoop, Colin!

that's awesome news.

here's hoping for a mixed bag of new stuff and old classic non-psp game tracks!

also if we are mentioning what we'd liike: Valparaiso, please.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Drugs-Bunny

Great news Colin!

We will release Crob's cats as soon as our demands are met

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Hate to crush your dreams there, but Colin's post was neither definitive nor official...
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    In regards to whether or not we'll be getting DLC
    let me understand, maybe there's some part that i've miss...
    what the hell they are working on dlc then, for what? for who? to fill up some free time? or as an hobby, they do dlc for hobby? maybe colin was refering to another game

have any sense to you that they still working on dlc and then do not release it to us,when it is ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Most of the core team remain on the project though and are working on DLC.
    this is enough as a confirmation for me,i get this words for what they are people, if my eyes don't fool me

they-are-working-on-dlc what's wrong?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    LOUDandPROUD

@ darkfaerytales - My post was in response to what eLhabib wrote. I did not agree with his assessment that Colin's post wasn't definitive in regards to us getting some DLC, as it clearly was (to me anyway...and obviously to you too).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I know what Colin said. I'm just saying you shouldn't get your hopes up just yet. There are full games that are being worked on for years that never see a release. SCEE marketing are the ones with the finger on the button here.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by AnErare View Post
    Oooh!

This means I can still hold my hopes up for De Konstuct to reappear in HD

Not only thanks to you mister Berry but also to SL in general for keeping this up to something that will exceed par even farther
    De Konstruct, yes. That was a interesting Pulse track.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Now the only question remaining is: what are you working on, Colin?

Btw: I wanna play Florion Height 3 in HD.
    Florion Height 3, yes that would be great too

PSN ID
    chboing

I know what Colin said. I'm just saying you shouldn't get your hopes up just yet. There are full games that are being worked on for years that never see a release. SCEE marketing are the ones with the finger on the button here.
    man , you like to play with words don't you ?
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hope
    1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.

I'm pretty sure a "real" dictionnary would give a very close definition too.
    According to me, you too eLhabib should, like everybody here, get your hopes up !!
    Then, if you believe in SL and the good work they made since all those years, then you should be just happy like me or most of the people here

and don't you dare crushing my dreams again !!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I trust in SL, but I don't trust in SCEE marketing...
    after all, what in the world is taking them so damn long?

Timezone
    GMT -5

Awesome! I have been checking this thread often for news about WipEout HD DLC. This small (and simultaneously HUGE) revelation from Colin Berry is the tipping point for me: I am buying a PS3 today! (I have some major catching up to do: WipEout HD, SFIV, VF5, SCIV, etc...) Thank you Colin for the news. Thank you Studio Liverpool and SCEE for WipEout!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by LOUDandPROUD View Post
    My post was in response to what eLhabib wrote. I did not agree with his assessment that Colin's post wasn't definitive in regards to us getting some DLC, as it clearly was (to me anyway...and obviously to you too).
    i know friend, i have understand

There are full games that are being worked on for years that never see a release.
    this is true as well

I trust in SL, but I don't trust in SCEE marketing...
    after all, what in the world is taking them so damn long?
    the first leaked rumor about " dlc at work " was on the first days of november, take in consideration maybe they still working on it by just few days at the time rumor has leaked. as someone has say before " there's no smoke without fire " this already at the time before " confirmation " of colin

they are on work on this dlc by like 4-5 mounths, they are still working, so...

-1: or the booty is rich
    -2: or they have ran into some sort of problem, technical or marketing

i hope my assumptions are right ( obviously i hope more for the first )

i hope the loot will be generous

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

The only thing I'm hoping is that enough people will be there to buy it when it comes out.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    KomatosRecords

I'm gonna have to agree with eLhabib here: I'm hoping that they release the DLC but quite frankly I'll believe it when I see it. Especially after how they shortchanged us North Americans with the Pulse DLC and the Omega pack for Pure. It would be nice, and it probably will see the light of day, at least in some parts of the world but who knows whether it'll make it to US/Canada/Mexico? Only time will tell. It's been over a year that NA has been Pulse DLC-less, and I don't ever see that changing at this point. Although I keep checking the PS Store 2x a week or more (keeping a small amount of hope up).

FWIW, though, since I just got a used PS3 and HD yesterday it'll be quite a long time before I've completed a significant amount of it and am pining for more content.

PSN ID
    pildog

It seems to me that the best way to release DLC (for any game) is to release a little, a lot, and price it cheaply. So one DLC may just give one new ship and maybe some new ship designs, maybe a new game mode. In another maybe one track. This way you can always maintain interest over a long period of time and keep the game fresh. However the WO DLC seems to be going the one-big-splurge route.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

At least for tracks they should release a big pack and not every track seperately. It's an online game and, as I see it, the best for the game is to release new tracks in big packs with a nice price so that races don't end in what they've been in Pulse (aka "you can't race that tournament because that and that track is missing").
    Sure, the problem still exists then, as there will be someone without content everytime (even if it's for free), but having different tracks in several different packs will make that effect even worse.
    The only way to avoid that is gamesharing. And I'm not sure how far that can go.

PSN ID
    Axellink

One big splurge please SL if you can. If your going the multiple DLC route then please price them fairly as a lot of the crap on the Sony DLC are over priced.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

If the DLC were free, I'd support a steady stream of small updates to keep interest high (and to maximize interest in particular things at particular times, which will mean lts of people gathering online to play the latest tracks as they come out).

But if it's not free, I agree with Sausehuhn; you'll have mismatches in which players have what packs.

The obvious solution is to just make the DLC free.

i seriously doubt the DLC will be free. the game was so cheap to begin with that if they charge for DLC and it's a fair price for the content, you can't really complain.

they could put out charged DLC in the form of eliminator mode, tracks, music and ships.

then give us the odd free ship every now and then, the obscure ones...from some previous games...or even new skins for ones we already have...to keep us sweet.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    The only thing I'm hoping is that enough people will be there to buy it when it comes out.
    are you kidding friend? do you know how many people wants dlc for this game? try to tip " wipeout HD DLC " on google and see yourself

maybe tonight i'll post a short compilations of links here

p.s. seems that now we have to believe what was the purpose of the 1.26 patch
    Last edited by darkfaerytales; 5th March 2009 at 08:16 PM.

PSN ID
    Mister_Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The obvious solution is to just make the DLC free.
    I would feel like a thief, if the DLC was free.

Even the main game is underpriced...